Class of 2014 - Thomas Holley | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Thomas Holley

I thought it was a foregone conclusion that Holley is out of our league. Has the visit been known for some time or is Holly giving us some respect?

He's been planning on coming up to SU. I doubt he'll commit to SU, but at least his checking out the school.

So many of the elite NY prospects visited SU before committing elsewhere, is there any reason to believe this could be different?

this isn't as big a pipe dream as some would think. sure we probably aren't the favorite, but he may want to stay around the northeast. Ultimately I think Penn St gets him, but Syracuse could really impress and Dauost has been doing a good job

Shouldn't waste recruiting time on NYC kids, time would be better spent in other areas, like Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, and contacts in the Mid-West.

Shouldn't waste recruiting time on NYC kids, time would be better spent in other areas, like Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, and contacts in the Mid-West.

Well NYC is part daoust's territory so it makes sense to recruit there. Holley is interested thats why we're recruiting him. On the other hand you dont see time being wasted on Samuel.

So many of the elite NY prospects visited SU before committing elsewhere, is there any reason to believe this could be different?
Nothing specific. But each kid is different. Maybe Holley will respond differently to what SU has to offer. Also we are currently building a program and we have a lot of buzz going coming off the Pinstripe bowl and moving to the ACC after closing out the big east with a share of the title.

If we come out hot its going to take a lot of notice amongst the recruits and give A.J. Long and Zaire Franklin some serious ammo to talk about getting guys to join a winner. Maybe that could be enough to sway Holley (and other top recruits) to come our way.

But on the whole you are right, as of right now there isn't really any reason to think this will ultimately end any other way. Other than eternal optimism and hope.

The generalization is a bad idea. Take the time early in the process try and build a relationship and see if there is any interest being generated, if so stay on the kid hard. If not then let it slide (likePhat said about Samuel). You don't just abandon a major area all together, especially one like NYC which certainly develops some good quality kids.

we have handfuls of solid contributors all over our roster who are NYC area kids?

May
Maybe SU can just send back Reddish and Morgan.

WW joining him and he is boys with Rel Hunt.

Should be a good visit.

WW? I'm trying to get up to speed with all these recruits. I assume both are fairly big recruits?

WW? I'm trying to get up to speed with all these recruits. I assume both are fairly big recruits?

Holley is highly rated [either a 4- or 5-star from the class of 2014].

"WW" is Wayne Williams--a recruit from last class who is in qualifying limbo. And yes, he's big [kid is supposedly 6-6 350 pounds].

Leaves-of-Grass.jpg

That's just sick. If it wasnt already the pressure on him now from the big boys will be immense.
Just provides more reason to bring him in. We have very goodhistory of putting our defensive players into the NFL.

Well I know I'm glad he's visiting. Our chances are certainly better if he's visiting than not visiting.
And he's a recruit that will be visiting all over the place. If he crosses paths with someone else that we're after, it'd carry some weight if he mentioned a good visit here.

Just provides more reason to bring him in. We have very goodhistory of putting our defensive players into the NFL.

According to this link, SU has had 20 defensive players drafted by the NFL in the last 20 years. Certainly some of them only had mere cups of coffee in the league. I would not say SU has a "very good history" of putting our defensive players in the NFL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom