Thoughts on DOME Upgrades and Gameday Experience | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on DOME Upgrades and Gameday Experience

I just want to piggyback on the down and distance. I’m soooo glad you brought that up! The only place I saw it was on the small scoreboard on the total diagonal opposite end from me. My eyes are older and had to have STORANGE tell me constantly what the situation was. Is the only thing on the beautiful new hanging jumbo tron going to be TOL? SERIOUSLY?

Posted in the game thread, but will repost here because it seems relevant.

From our seats in the upper deck, the new video board is outstanding. Changes the game experience.

The makeover of the dome walls and banners is great. More colorful and less institutional.

The Dome was colder than it needed to be. It wasn’t that hot out. Maybe they’re still working on how to control it.

The sound system up top was awful. Probably worse than previously. Again, maybe it’s still being adjusted.

My wife, who is a Pepsi drinker, did not notice anything “off” with her drink.

I like when the band splits and moves around. Hope they do that more.

Entry and exit were easy. But then we got there ridiculously early.

SU will have no success mandating people wear masks in the Dome. People weren’t even wearing them in the corridors.

The new roof looks great. Love the natural light and the ability to use the LEDs. This will be even better at night games.

Loved the new Dome look.

Agree that down and distance was a problem. Need to put that on the big screen. The choice of replays seemed random. Wish they could replay the ones that are under review.

Let me make a recommendation. The two scoreboards at the top of the dome on both ends, keep them a scoreboard with score, time and down, TOL and distance. Don’t show replays. Everyone can see the big scoreboard in the middle now since it’s 4 sided so keep that a video board with replays. Easy fix.

I just want to piggyback on the down and distance. I’m soooo glad you brought that up! The only place I saw it was on the small scoreboard on the total diagonal opposite end from me. My eyes are older and had to have STORANGE tell me constantly what the situation was. Is the only thing on the beautiful new hanging jumbo tron going to be TOL? SERIOUSLY?
Honestly, and I said this yesterday to a friend. Not having the down and distance like everywhere on almost every scoreboard is a sign we aren't a "foobtall school". The powers that be I think focus 80% of their time on basketball and oh yeah we have a couple football games each year and they just aren't fans or they don't think about stuff like this as the focus is so much on basketball.

There are 2 things ALL football stadiums have.
1) Out of Town Scoreboard up at ALL TIMES
2) Down and Distance plastered literally everywhere in the stadium after each play

Posted in the game thread, but will repost here because it seems relevant.

From our seats in the upper deck, the new video board is outstanding. Changes the game experience.

The makeover of the dome walls and banners is great. More colorful and less institutional.

The Dome was colder than it needed to be. It wasn’t that hot out. Maybe they’re still working on how to control it.

The sound system up top was awful. Probably worse than previously. Again, maybe it’s still being adjusted.

My wife, who is a Pepsi drinker, did not notice anything “off” with her drink.

I like when the band splits and moves around. Hope they do that more.

Entry and exit were easy. But then we got there ridiculously early.

SU will have no success mandating people wear masks in the Dome. People weren’t even wearing them in the corridors.

The new roof looks great. Love the natural light and the ability to use the LEDs. This will be even better at night games.
My issue with the band thing is this, and why they CANNOT move them after halftime. If someone (ie me) wants to sit near the band and have a tuba or trombone blaring in my ears for 4 hours, I know where to get seats to have that experience.

Some people don't want that and get seats far away from the band to avoid that so they can turn to the person next to them and have a conversation without shouting.

I know where the band is, I will come to them if I want that experience. They don't need to come to me!

I will say the French fries that I had out of the grab and go line were some of the worst and soggiest fries I’ve ever had. Not a snob, just being real.
HOWEVER
They had the Ken’s honey mustard, so point were earned back.

Announced 31,900. Saw grab and go beers in the 100s. Still had dome foams. The down and distance stuff yes - glad that wasn’t just me. Masks were off pretty quick. Pee troughs forever.

Also the quad setup is a lot of fun. Win or lose it’s a fun day. (Winning is more fun).

I like the Hoffman ad that scrolls across the ribbon board.

Did you know that Hoffman Brings The Meat !!

Have to say the field looked great on TV! Nice and bright. The pellet dust was absurd

We talked about down and distance on the ribbon inside of the center hung score board. Put it on each side for all to see

Let me make a recommendation. The two scoreboards at the top of the dome on both ends, keep them a scoreboard with score, time and down, TOL and distance. Don’t show replays. Everyone can see the big scoreboard in the middle now since it’s 4 sided so keep that a video board with replays. Easy fix.
Yup. Even my wife mentioned, “ I can’t even tell what inning we‘re in”. :rolleyes:

One thing… the Dome should stop ringing that bell when the opposing team lined up. We get pissed when other teams do stuff like that. It’s just not necessary.

They have to fix the nacho situation. I got a $9 nachos grande expecting the delicious dome nachos with jalapeños and double cheese. Instead I got a handful of stale chips and a small container of Tostitos cheese.
The old brand of salsa was much better too.

I will say, I was at the Bills game today and they only have the down and distance on the ribbon board in the corners too.

Think this is becoming a more common weird trend

how can we still be in the spot where the sound is still awful and they have no idea how to run a scoreboard? I think I saw out of town scores one time late. struggled all game to find stats inside the ring of ads and the down/distance info was awful. replays were not even run after every play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom