Thoughts on DOME Upgrades and Gameday Experience | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on DOME Upgrades and Gameday Experience

I just want to piggyback on the down and distance. I’m soooo glad you brought that up! The only place I saw it was on the small scoreboard on the total diagonal opposite end from me. My eyes are older and had to have STORANGE tell me constantly what the situation was. Is the only thing on the beautiful new hanging jumbo tron going to be TOL? SERIOUSLY?
Same here, I had to use binoculars to read down and distance in what seemed like size 8 font at the opposite end of the stadium. The bulk of that screen displayed "R" and "S" in size 72 font a good share of the time, I guess to benefit those who forgot which teams were playing. Very frustrating, would love to see down and distance on that beautiful new screen or in bigger font.

Just wish they would people in charge of the boards who actually cared about making it part of the game experience.. When I get told by Sala that no one wants to know out of town scores and down/distance stuff I really have to question how much they even know about whats happening at a football game.

Hey we have this big fancy TV, but we dont really want to use it its just to light up the field..

You want people to come in person you better provide an experience that makes them want to leave the coach and HD widescreen at home. Blasting noise at 120 DBs is not the best experience..

Loved all the upgrades except the awful sound system.
Wait right there. I complained about the sound system after Fan Fest. And I was corrected by someone here, who knows everything, that it was because of the echoing as there was hardly anyone there.

Can’t wait to hear it at the Albany game

Just wish they would people in charge of the boards who actually cared about making it part of the game experience.. When I get told by Sala that no one wants to know out of town scores and down/distance stuff I really have to question how much they even know about whats happening at a football game.

Hey we have this big fancy TV, but we dont really want to use it its just to light up the field..

You want people to come in person you better provide an experience that makes them want to leave the coach and HD widescreen at home. Blasting noise at 120 DBs is not the best experience..
It’s a poorly kept secret that video boards are more about advertising revenue than the fan experience.

The nachos were atrocious!! Our box had way less than this picture. Can’t believe they screwed up the nachos.
They can’t spell Boeheim right, of course it’s believable.

It’s a poorly kept secret that video boards are the whole charade is more about advertising revenue than the fan experience.

Fixed!

Look at it through that prism and it all makes sense. Does it make them a buck? (Down/distance, nachos, mobile ticketing, etc.) Then it doesn't matter if the customer likes it.

Asked my buddy the same thing at the game... Outside of Clemson, that was one of the loudest games I have been too recently. Maybe because it's been 2 years it just seemed louder, but man, was it loud.

I don't think we were piping anything in. I think those that were there were just really ready to let loose. Students filling up both upper deck corner overflow sections certainly helped.

We were definitely ringing that gong bell sound between plays on defense, even as Buttgers was at the LOS. That’s poor sportsmanship IMO. Ring it all you want, but once they are lined up, cut it out. It’s up to the crowd then.

Why was it difficult to hear some of the audio from the new sound system?

The new sound system is fully programmable and requires fine-tuning adjustments to be fully commissioned. This process can only be achieved during game conditions with an audience in the stands. Adjustments were made during the first game on Saturday and will continue over the next several games to completely tune the entire building.

Why was it difficult to hear some of the audio from the new sound system?

The new sound system is fully programmable and requires fine-tuning adjustments to be fully commissioned. This process can only be achieved during game conditions with an audience in the stands. Adjustments were made during the first game on Saturday and will continue over the next several games to completely tune the entire building.

With an audience in the stands?

Good luck with that.

how can we still be in the spot where the sound is still awful and they have no idea how to run a scoreboard? I think I saw out of town scores one time late. struggled all game to find stats inside the ring of ads and the down/distance info was awful. replays were not even run after every play.
They were running out of town scores on the center screen all game. I know, because I kept looking at that beautiful screen in front of me for replays. I think they maybe replayed 10 plays all game.

Saw this. Sounds like some of these venues are having issues because of the worker shortage. Granted much larger crowds I get it at these games than what we see here.

The clocks in the corners of the Dome that used to show time & temperature now just show the current time.

Sound is getting incrementally better. Fan fest the real issue was the feedback through mics on the field, horrendous echo.

that’s getting better, didn’t effect the kid singing the star spangled banner.

clarity on digital audio and the announcer is much better

Sound is getting incrementally better. Fan fest the real issue was the feedback through mics on the field, horrendous echo.

that’s getting better, didn’t effect the kid singing the star spangled banner.

clarity on digital audio and the announcer is much better
I feel like the real issue that remains is the audio portion of a video. You cannot hear the audio very well when they are playing a prerecorded video.

I thought the orange hue in the Dome after the only touchdown was cool.
I did too. It will, I think, have a much bigger effect when the first night game is played in the Dome. If the powers that be want to, they can turn all the lights off for say, the team intro.

It will be interesting what changes, if any, are made for a night game.

On some of the other things discussed...

One of the big questions I had before attending a game was how loud the new roof would be compared to the old one? The lacrosse games I went to in the spring didn't really provide insight.

The RU game, in front of a not very good opponent with only 25K or so actual fans in the stands, provided the answer. The new roof, IMHO, is substantially louder. RU had a hard time running plays when the crowd got loud.

That hard shell part of the roof appears to reflect a lot more noise than the old roof, and I think the soft middle section, with all the weird angles, speakers, arcs and the scoreboard, also reflects more noise.

A close game against a good opponent with more than 40K in the stands is going to be insanely loud.

Last edited:
ACC network Tv experience has been a train wreck since day one.. so many missed plays, awful replay, stats, hosted shows. Camera work has been bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom