Thoughts on DOME Upgrades and Gameday Experience | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on DOME Upgrades and Gameday Experience

I did too. It will, I think, have a much bigger effect when the first night game is played in the Dome. If the powers that be want to, they can turn all the lights off for say, the team intro.

It will be interesting what changes, if any, are made for a night game.

On some of the other things discussed...

One of the big questions I had before attending a game was how loud the new roof would be compared to the old one? The lacrosse games I went to in the spring didn't really provide insight.

The RU game, in front of a not very good opponent with only 25K or so actual fans in the stands, provided the answer. The new roof, IMHO, is substantially louder. RU had a hard time running plays when the crowd got loud.

That hard shell part of the roof appears to reflect a lot more noise than the old roof, and I think the soft middle section, with all the weird angles, speakers, arcs and the scoreboard, also reflects more noise.

A close game against a good opponent with more than 40K in the stands is going to be insanely loud.

I heard the Wildhack interview on the pre-game and he said that the night game experience will be different with the lighting and they will be having "dress rehearsals" this week to work out the presentation for Friday night so I expect there will be a change to the experience through the lighting. I'm looking forward to see the real light show on Friday.

Last edited:
I heard the Wildhack interview on the pre-game and he said that the night game experience will be different with the lighting and they will be having "dress rehearsals" this week to work out the presentation for Friday night so I expect there will be a change to the experience through the lighting. I'm looking forward to see if the real light show on Friday.
I can’t believe it’s only Monday!!

I missed the last 2 games for kid sports travel reasons. I will be there Friday night and looking forward to see the updates for the first time from the inside.

Just wish they would people in charge of the boards who actually cared about making it part of the game experience.. When I get told by Sala that no one wants to know out of town scores and down/distance stuff I really have to question how much they even know about whats happening at a football game.
Sala is a liability.

I did too. It will, I think, have a much bigger effect when the first night game is played in the Dome. If the powers that be want to, they can turn all the lights off for say, the team intro.

It will be interesting what changes, if any, are made for a night game.

On some of the other things discussed...

One of the big questions I had before attending a game was how loud the new roof would be compared to the old one? The lacrosse games I went to in the spring didn't really provide insight.

The RU game, in front of a not very good opponent with only 25K or so actual fans in the stands, provided the answer. The new roof, IMHO, is substantially louder. RU had a hard time running plays when the crowd got loud.

That hard shell part of the roof appears to reflect a lot more noise than the old roof, and I think the soft middle section, with all the weird angles, speakers, arcs and the scoreboard, also reflects more noise.

A close game against a good opponent with more than 40K in the stands is going to be insanely loud.
If we could get 40k+ for every game and field a competitive team, watch out. I think it would be one of the toughest places to play in the country.

If we could get 40k+ for every game and field a competitive team, watch out. I think it would be one of the toughest places to play in the country.
There might be a better chance of fielding a consistently competitive team than getting 40k+ that can show up to game prior to kickoff.

Win and I don't think that's an unrealistic expectation. People in Syracuse will show up for a winning program. Just look at season ticket sales after the 10 win season. String a few 8 to 9 win seasons together and I think you regularly get 40k+ except for maybe the FCS games.

I missed the Albany game, but I was very disappointed that I couldn't get a draft beer from the upper concourse. We walked all the way around and only had the canned options available. No draft stand at all! Had to go down to the 100 level to find a beer stand. That and the down and distance not being visible were my main complaints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom