Thoughts on DOME Upgrades and Gameday Experience | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on DOME Upgrades and Gameday Experience

Stern

All American
Almost all positive thoughts after seeing the NEW Dome today for the first time.

-The Air Conditioning is amazing and great. Makes going to games so much more enjoyable. Can't speak highly enough about it.

-Mobile Tickets were so easy and I didn't see or hear of any issues at all.

-The food selection has drastically improved and the fact most stations are "Grab-n-Go" is so nice!

-On the 100 Level the area with the high-top tables you can stand at and eat is amazing and they probably need to add 1 or 2 more of those. So much better for those who don't want to eat at their seats but also don't want to eat over a trash can.

-The big scoreboard over the field was amazing, all you could ask for.

-Regarding the "gameday experience"...having no "in-game" host was great. Having no dumb contests where a guy tries a field goal and such was great. Having no cheerleaders try and start a pathetic "GO' ..."ORANGE" chant was the best. Getting rid of all the BS and not treating me like a child that has to be entertained every 10 seconds was the best part of the day. Let's you actually have a conversation with the person next to you during breaks without having to try and shout and be totally distracted.

-They didn't move some of the band after halftime to a different part of the Dome, THANK GOD! Never do that again!

-The showing the Vaccination proof to get the orange wrist band to get in the Dome was very well run and I thought was outstanding.

A COUPLE NEGATIVES
-I'm no taste tester but if you got fountain soda in a cup with ice, those were NOT Pepsi products! It may be a Pepsi cup, it may say Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew on the fountain dispenser but everyone I spoke with who got one said it tasted funny and odd (and all bought at different areas too) and did not taste anything like Pepsi. If you're going to go with non-name brand soda for Fountain Drinks that's fine, just tell me upfront and don't deceive me.

-The sound system wasn't ideal, seems very muffled. I honestly think they play the music and have the volume up too loud on it and that is the issue. Take that down from a 10 to a 7 and I think people will hear things crystal clear.

-It is almost impossible to find the down and distance after each play. They have all of these big scoreboards and the wrap around and only in 2 areas do they show the down and distance. They MUST have the down and distance in at least 4 to 5 places up at all times and never take it down. That has to be fixed.

The negatives are minor. The positives far outweigh any negatives. Now I just wish we had a great team to go with the great venue and experience.

Yeah, I went to the best side of the screening tent and the line was next to nothing.

After you get in, masks are totally optional. Concession lines move much faster and efficient than what was previously there.

Audio acoustics still suck, 200 level has obstructed view of video board

Why not permanently put the clock, score and down and distance on the underside of the big scoreboard so I don’t have to look around to like 6 different spots in the dome only to find meaningless stuff like top rushers, replays or happy birthdays. I love the replays but leave the time, score and down and distance up somewhere all the time besides the small spot in the far corner.

Almost all positive thoughts after seeing the NEW Dome today for the first time.

-The Air Conditioning is amazing and great. Makes going to games so much more enjoyable. Can't speak highly enough about it.

-The food selection has drastically improved and the fact most stations are "Grab-n-Go" is so nice!

-On the 100 Level the area with the high-top tables you can stand at and eat is amazing and they probably need to add 1 or 2 more of those. So much better for those who don't want to eat at their seats but also don't want to eat over a trash can.

-Regarding the "gameday experience"...having no "in-game" host was great. Having no dumb contests where a guy tries a field goal and such was great. Having no cheerleaders try and start a pathetic "GO' ..."ORANGE" chant was the best. Getting rid of all the BS and not treating me like a child that has to be entertained every 10 seconds was the best part of the day. Let's you actually have a conversation with the person next to you during breaks without having to try and shout and be totally distracted.

-They didn't move some of the band after halftime to a different part of the Dome, THANK GOD! Never do that again!

-The showing the Vaccination proof to get the orange wrist band to get in the Dome was very well run and I thought was outstanding.

A COUPLE NEGATIVES
-I'm no taste tester but if you got fountain soda in a cup with ice, those were NOT Pepsi products! It may be a Pepsi cup, it may say Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew on the fountain dispenser but everyone I spoke with who got one said it tasted funny and odd (and all bought at different areas too) and did not taste anything like Pepsi. If you're going to go with non-name brand soda for Fountain Drinks that's fine, just tell me upfront and don't deceive me.

-The sound system wasn't ideal, seems very muffled. I honestly think they play the music and have the volume up too loud on it and that is the issue. Take that down from a 10 to a 7 and I think people will hear things crystal clear.

-It is almost impossible to find the down and distance after each play. They have all of these big scoreboards and the wrap around and only in 2 areas do they show the down and distance. They MUST have the down and distance in at least 4 to 5 places up at all times and never take it down. That has to be fixed.

The negatives are minor. The positives far outweigh any negatives. Now I just wish we had a great team to go with the great venue and experience.
Preach

Why not permanently put the clock, score and down and distance on the underside of the big scoreboard so I don’t have to look around to like 6 different spots in the dome only to find meaningless stuff like top rushers, replays or happy birthdays. I love the replays but leave the time, score and down and distance up somewhere all the time besides the small spot in the far corner.
Totally agree. They need to fix that ASAP

Would be really surprised if they tried pulling a switcheroo with the Pepsi. I'd assume there was something wrong with the fountain system.

Absolutely agree the down and distance needs to be more pronounced! It's a necessity for endzone seats since it's hard to tell the depth of field from that angle.

While the covid wristband tents were quick and efficient, they're far from fool proof. I could have gotten multiple wristbands if I wanted as they didn't put it on you on the spot. I also knew a guy that got his 1st shot yesterday and showed his card and they ok'd it. I understand some of the covid protocols are more about optics though.

A COUPLE NEGATIVES

Wow. I agree 100% with every single point you made negative and positive. Almost perfect. Just have to fix a couple minor things.
I may have to bring a sweatshirt next week! The temp was glorious!

A COUPLE NEGATIVES

Excellent summary

Wi-Fi was highly effective. Especially in comparison to other stadia.
That’s right. Stadia.

A COUPLE NEGATIVES

Additionally the paint job really adds a lot as well. Banners and jerseys were great too.

I think day games limit the impact of the colored led lights so will wait until a night game to fully judge but aside from adding a little color to the hard portion of the roof I did not really notice much.

This was very disappointing to see…. Miss the old Nachos so much!
EC9F8D44-0781-4767-B7C2-DC94F0F7C118.jpeg

im not a Nachos person so didn't see or know about that but yeah that is horrible

Agree , The one complaint I have is that with the new lighting and sound I was hoping for some new dazzling entrance, nothing but same old same old.

Agree with the OP’s analysis completely and also agree the new nachos suck!

Agree with the OP’s analysis completely and also agree the new nachos suck!
The nachos were atrocious!! Our box had way less than this picture. Can’t believe they screwed up the nachos.
Wait a minute here… they changed the dome nachos? Those beautiful, delicious nachos that have been there for so many years?

This might be it for me, boys.

Wait a minute here… they changed the dome nachos? Those beautiful, delicious nachos that have been there for so many years?

Yes. It’s now a box with pre-filled cups of cheese and salsa which means you get less. I also got not jalapeños!

Yeah, this is not going to fly. This is almost like when they tried to change the team nickname to the Wolfpack or Pride or something.

You don’t mess with the Dome Nachos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom