Three weeks until opening kickoff | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Three weeks until opening kickoff

The casual fan will pay attention if they beat Purdue week 3 and then roll 4-0 into hosting Clemson. 3-1 = low-mid 40s and 4-0 will be close to a sellout.
My guess actual attendance

28K Colgate
31K WMU
35K Army at 2-1
40K Army at 3-0
43K Clemson at 3-2
45K Clemson at 3-1
49K Clemson at 4-0

Last edited:
fresno goes there day 1.
then they go to VT
then we go there.

Fresno just behind us in the SP+

but using FPI we are much better team..

who knows. purdue is -5.5 vs fresno
Perception vs actual strength on Purdue line for the dumb money.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what Purdue looks like the first few games. I will wait and see if it's a game we should win or could win until then. Tough to know under the new first time head coach
Wildcard is their QB Card...transfer from Texas. I expect he'll still be getting his team in sync the first few games.

Wildcard is their QB Card...transfer from Texas. I expect he'll still be getting his team in sync the first few games.

Yeah a lot of moving pieces over there. Tough to tell what the product on the field will look like. I do think they lost a pretty good HC in Brohm

Yeah a lot of moving pieces over there. Tough to tell what the product on the field will look like. I do think they lost a pretty good HC in Brohm

Very good HC, QB, TE, WR.

I'm sure there's still talent there. Agree with you, they don't have a cupcake to work out the kinks, so I'll be curious to see how those first 2 games go. Fresno State is replacing an NFL drafted QB, and VT is, well, I don't know what the hell VT is anymore.

Hudson Card I think is going to be an excellent QB for Purdue (dual threat as well). It's really just a matter of how quickly he gets comfortable and settled. I think by the end of the season we'll be happy we got Purdue early (win or lose).

that smarts are saying play the under game 1 i see.

My guess actual attendance

28K Colgate
31K WMU
35K Army at 2-1
40K Army at 3-0
43K Clemson at 3-2
45K Clemson at 3-1
49K Clemson at 4-0
Fannies or announced?

I am hoping for 10k more for the announced number

Hoping the fans are thinking about rekindling the magic of the first 6.75 games vs the last 6.25

We have returning star power that should provide some optimism for the casual fan

Healthy Shredder, OG, Wax, Barron, Caleb etc

Not to mention the retuning players from the DL I Jones, S Thompson, T Lockett, etc

Hudson Card I think is going to be an excellent QB for Purdue (dual threat as well). It's really just a matter of how quickly he gets comfortable and settled. I think by the end of the season we'll be happy we got Purdue early (win or lose).
PFF has him graded as worth .5 games above average

For comparison GS is graded 1 game above average (including all the games he played at 60%)

Take that for what it’s worth

Fannies or announced?

I am hoping for 10k more for the announced number

Hoping the fans are thinking about rekindling the magic of the first 6.75 games vs the last 6.25

We have returning star power that should provide some optimism for the casual fan

Healthy Shredder, OG, Wax, Barron, Caleb etc

Not to mention the retuning players from the DL I Jones, S Thompson, T Lockett, etc
That was my actual

Really hard to figure out students. They really pack in the lower sections.

To me our success this year will weigh heavily on our oline and dline. I realize that is not earth shattering insight but really everything ripple effects out from there. If our oline doesn't mesh or has injuries GS will be scrambling more than we want and LA will have challenges. (You can only scheme so much around a weak oline). Dline needs to show they can hold up against the run and get pressure.
I think there is reason for optimism for both performing at levels we need them to. I think our test of how they will look will be Purdue. I am not sure we will learn to much from Colgate and we will learn a little from WM game 2. Purdue will be a good directional indicator. For the record I had Syracuse beating Purdue last year and I think we beat them this year. I think GS and our offense will surprise. I think Rocky advances our defense further this year and will create some looks that will confuse the hell out of teams.

Just occurred to me on August 12th that we are 21 days from our first game!

Can't wait to see what Garret Shrader and the team can do as a follow up act to last year. I don't think I've ever been more excited than going to Clemson undefeated, believing that we had a legitimate chance to take them down.

Here's hoping for an even better 2023!

For the record, I think we're going to win 8 or 9 regular season games this year. We'll find out in 3 weeks!

Let's Go Orange!!!
Let's Go Orange!

Duxbury, MA? I’m in Norwell
We are neighbors (ignoring the fact that Marshfield is between our towns). I’m very excited about this years team, although I always am in mid August. I call it the Orange Curse. Hopefully it’s a special season!

I tried to message you this instead but the site wouldn’t let me send it. Oh well, sorry everyone else not interested.

We are neighbors (ignoring the fact that Marshfield is between our towns). I’m very excited about this years team, although I always am in mid August. I call it the Orange Curse. Hopefully it’s a special season!

I tried to message you this instead but the site wouldn’t let me send it. Oh well, sorry everyone else not interested.
Greater Boston loves the Orange!!

is this true?

Other than this site I use no social media at all. no FB, no twitter, no IG

I know very few of my friends who use any of them either other than FB with some family.

One college kid does some tic tok viewing the other doesnt use it anymore and in our discussion none of his college age friends do either.

I browse some web sites and watch the TV news.

its like being at the dome and all the media promotion during a game, I wonder what the numbers there say on the usage.. And with everyone using the new wifi they will know more about usage than they ever did before I guess.

Hate to break it to you, but it sounds like you aren’t Syracuses target market

Syracuse athletics has one of the “oldest” fan bases in the ACC.

The ACC doesn’t like that and wants them to try and lower it by a few years.

Social media is where a majority of those fans are

Hate to break it to you, but it sounds like you aren’t Syracuses target market

Syracuse athletics has one of the “oldest” fan bases in the ACC.

The ACC doesn’t like that and wants them to try and lower it by a few years.

Social media is where a majority of those fans are
I think the use of social media is vastly over blown on its impact.

But if it adds value go for it..

Also I agree our fan base is old and ignoring it doesnt mean you add the same amount of people by skewing to social media.

I really hope gameday goes to notre dame week 4 for Nd Ohio state bc if Clemson can beat fsu in week 4 that leaves cuse Clemson as a great matchup for gameday for week 5. Cmon! One time dealer !

It's Purdue, not Penn State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, or Iowa.
It’s also Purdue coming in from an off-season where they lost a lot of talent, including their QB. Their over under is 5.5 and the under is heavily favored. This isn’t last years Purdue squad.

It’s also Purdue coming in from an off-season where they lost a lot of talent, including their QB. Their over under is 5.5 and the under is heavily favored. This isn’t last years Purdue squad.
I was specifically referring to the game day atmosphere. But all of this too!