Three weeks until opening kickoff | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Three weeks until opening kickoff

why does everyone discount the fact that this game is on the road...at night...in a BIG 10 atmosphere. You better hope they lose at least 1 of their first 2...if they come in 0-2...lookout Cuse... they come in 2-0 is better for us

Let's cancel the game, then.

It's going to be tough, so might as well give up.

fresno goes there day 1.
then they go to VT
then we go there.

Fresno just behind us in the SP+

but using FPI we are much better team..

who knows. purdue is -5.5 vs fresno

Syracuse U has 130K followers on Instagram.

SU football has 77K.

Cuse Pics (the AD account) has 76K.

These are cheap, easy ways to market the season. And they do. Incessantly. Honestly if people aren’t seeing things on social media - which is ubiquitous - then they’re likely not particularly reachable.

If anything, SU should be putting max effort into expanding their social footprint a ton. Clemson football has 738K followers. I’d rather see us plow money into paid social marketing campaigns than anything else.

Ugh so I need get twitter and Instagram? I’m probably one of the last holdouts. Just more sht

Personal opinion. The honeymoon period for their new coach will officially be over when we leave West Lafayette. We have a better quarterback, a better defense and overall a much better staff. It won’t be close. (I now feel like RutgersAl)

why does everyone discount the fact that this game is on the road...at night...in a BIG 10 atmosphere. You better hope they lose at least 1 of their first 2...if they come in 0-2...lookout Cuse... they come in 2-0 is better for us
It's Purdue, not Penn State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, or Iowa.

Nope. He is not last. But I may need to cut him in line if it helps SU athletics.
Helping SU is great. Not so much for X, Threads, Ticketmaster, TikTok, etc. But > 2 the point, this is a fun, positive thread. Lots to like about the coaching additions, rebuilt OL, resurgent (deeper and bigger) DL, secondary coming around with lots of talent, and LB's galore. I've learned the hard way - when RF is excited about a season, get on board.

Last edited:
Ugh so I need get twitter and Instagram? I’m probably one of the last holdouts. Just more sht
Do what you want, obviously.

Just saying that the vast majority of anyone who might go to an SU football game is a social media user. The best way to reach them is via one of those platforms.

Helping SU is great. Not so much for X, Threads, Ticketmaster, TikTok, etc. But keeping it real - this is a fun, positive thread. Lots to like about the coaching additions, rebuilt OL, resurgent (deeper and bigger) DL, secondary coming around with lots of talent, and LB's galore. I've learned the hard way - when RF is excited about a season, it's a good sign.
who is RF?

1692226113532.jpeg

Just having fun it's RF2044

Do what you want, obviously.

Just saying that the vast majority of anyone who might go to an SU football game is a social media user. The best way to reach them is via one of those platforms.
is this true?

Other than this site I use no social media at all. no FB, no twitter, no IG

I know very few of my friends who use any of them either other than FB with some family.

One college kid does some tic tok viewing the other doesnt use it anymore and in our discussion none of his college age friends do either.

I browse some web sites and watch the TV news.

its like being at the dome and all the media promotion during a game, I wonder what the numbers there say on the usage.. And with everyone using the new wifi they will know more about usage than they ever did before I guess.

Get behind me. I have Twitter, but have never posted, and basically never look at it. No IG - I just don’t care enough to get down in the mosh pit of social media. It’s a cesspool.

Except for this site, of course, which is distinct because of its valuable content and responsible mods.
I don’t really consider this site “social media” for the reasons you state, plus I believe half the people here have met one another in person.

is this true?

Other than this site I use no social media at all. no FB, no twitter, no IG

I know very few of my friends who use any of them either other than FB with some family.

One college kid does some tic tok viewing the other doesnt use it anymore and in our discussion none of his college age friends do either.

I browse some web sites and watch the TV news.

its like being at the dome and all the media promotion during a game, I wonder what the numbers there say on the usage.. And with everyone using the new wifi they will know more about usage than they ever did before I guess.
Yeah. Like 80% of the population is using one of the social platforms with some regularity. Your friends and family are what are known as outliers. That’s cool, but it’s far from representative.

Anything under 6 wins, and I believe it is time to move on from Dino. He has had plenty of time to instill his culture, nail down his recruiting territory, and see the culture/style of the ACC. He needs to start putting consecutive seasons of success together.

I have believed in Dino since he was hired and I have always supported him. We can no longer settle for seasons with less than 6 wins. We need to start getting 7-8 wins consecutively and it starts this year. Offensive weapons, experienced players at important positions, innovative defensive coordinator who brings a similar style (not a major change in philosophy). If we can not stack success this season, then I’m afraid we will never do it under Dino.

Yeah. Like 80% of the population is using one of the social platforms with some regularity. Your friends and family are what are known as outliers. That’s cool, but it’s far from representative.
I wonder what they consider using social media. I mean I work in tech coding every day. Most of the people on the teams I work with are between like 25-55..

In our discussions about social media which comes up quite often I would say twitter is way under 10%, facebook the same, IG the same.

In those same discussions with my kids one who codes for one of the biggest companies in the world and us under 30, no kids are using facebook, a few use twitter,, A good number use IG.

The only thing my kids agree on is that they read REDDIT. Very little other stuff as I said other than Tic Toc with the college crowd.

The only people I know using Facebook other than for family related chat are people more often discussed on the OT board.

My use of twitter was only if i need to follow some gambling posts and even then I usually drop out because it just leads to stuff I dont want to follow being sent to me.

Because of what I do I often do talk to people about using these things. I had several discussions on the golf course with people about use of social media and getting information. Now that group would skew older in our leage probably 40-70.. Mostly the answer is my wife uses FB to see the grandkids photos and thats it..

So I would say yea its being used, but is it driving purchases of SU tickets/merch or exposing SU information in a meaningful way, I dont think so.

Even TIc Tok most adults I deal with dont use it. one big reason its illegal if you do any work with the government to have it on your phone.

Of course, those SP+ predictions are mostly based on last year's results and roster.

Purdont has had massive turnover, both with an entirely new coaching staff, but also losing the majority of their impact players, particularly on O.

You've gotta like our chances, since they will surely still be ironing things out early in the season.
I get it’s at night on NBC at Purdue but if we can’t win this one due to their circumstances than there really isn’t any P5 school we can beat on the road unless it’s an upset. This game will set the table for the rest of the season. Must win if we want to believe we are turning a corner and should be taken serious.

I wonder what they consider using social media. I mean I work in tech coding every day. Most of the people on the teams I work with are between like 25-55..

In our discussions about social media which comes up quite often I would say twitter is way under 10%, facebook the same, IG the same.

In those same discussions with my kids one who codes for one of the biggest companies in the world and us under 30, no kids are using facebook, a few use twitter,, A good number use IG.

The only thing my kids agree on is that they read REDDIT. Very little other stuff as I said other than Tic Toc with the college crowd.

The only people I know using Facebook other than for family related chat are people more often discussed on the OT board.

My use of twitter was only if i need to follow some gambling posts and even then I usually drop out because it just leads to stuff I dont want to follow being sent to me.

Because of what I do I often do talk to people about using these things. I had several discussions on the golf course with people about use of social media and getting information. Now that group would skew older in our leage probably 40-70.. Mostly the answer is my wife uses FB to see the grandkids photos and thats it..

So I would say yea its being used, but is it driving purchases of SU tickets/merch or exposing SU information in a meaningful way, I dont think so.

Even TIc Tok most adults I deal with dont use it. one big reason its illegal if you do any work with the government to have it on your phone.
Some numbers on this….