Tiana battling Cancer again | Syracusefan.com

Tiana battling Cancer again

50 years of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plus being a retired executive in the Biotechnology industry. I have had a few shots of a favorite beverage after reading Tiana’s news. It really hit me. Sadly, I know this stuff.

My late wife of 40 years was diagnosed at Stage IVB, as was my Mom, my Brother, my Mother-in-Law, and my Father-in-Law.

Stage IV doesn’t “always” mean terminal, but at the absolute minimum this is extremely serious. Extremely. Especially so for female cancers. She is a warrior and was an inspiration to my late wife so it feels more personal to me. Cancer always feels personal to me and did so every day of my career. Even more-so for those it claimed among my loved ones,

I wish for her as I would wish for myself and what I learned from my wife and my Mom: don’t let cancer win for even a single day. Fight the fight of your life and never forget that you are still alive. At the very worst, you have to stay alive long enough for something to pop out of clinical trials. Even Phase II trials, because decent results in that phase can sometimes get fast tracked to you. There are a ton of things in clinical trials, and things that can prolong your life. Maybe even cure you. You have to hold onto that. As fans and alums who are rooting for you, we are holding onto that too.

As I posted above, prayers to Tiana. Beyond family and friends, this one feels personal.

50 years of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plus being a retired executive in the Biotechnology industry. I have had a few shots of a favorite beverage after reading Tiana’s news. It really hit me. Sadly, I know this stuff.

My late wife of 40 years was diagnosed at Stage IVB, as was my Mom, my Brother, my Mother-in-Law, and my Father-in-Law.

Stage IV doesn’t “always” mean terminal, but at the absolute minimum this is extremely serious. Extremely. Especially so for female cancers. She is a warrior and was an inspiration to my late wife so it feels more personal to me. Cancer always feels personal to me and did so every day of my career. Even more-so for those it claimed among my loved ones,

I wish for her as I would wish for myself and what I learned from my wife and my Mom: don’t let cancer win for even a single day. Fight the fight of your life and never forget that you are still alive. At the very worst, you have to stay alive long enough for something to pop out of clinical trials. Even Phase II trials, because decent results in that phase can sometimes get fast tracked to you. There are a ton of things in clinical trials, and things that can prolong your life. Maybe even cure you. You have to hold onto that. As fans and alums who are rooting for you, we are holding onto that too.

As I posted above, prayers to Tiana. Beyond family and friends, this one feels personal.

So sorry Dick :(. Colorectal took my mother in '21 at 58 yrs, Lung took my aunt( her sister) 6 months later at 59, pancreatic took my beagle mix a month before my mother, Breast took another aunt in winter '22 at 84, lung/spinal took a Godparent at 62 in '21, my own wife is a survivor of early stage from 15 years ago( no recurrence to date thankfully) at a similar age to T, and two other family members right now, both under 60 yrs old are near the end of their battle one with thyroid and the other melanoma.

Such an evil disease. Let's hope T can beat this- same goes for two threes sister and all others who are or have family members/friends battling.

It's painful and scary. Like many others, I have lost family members and friends due to this dreadful disease, including a fraternity brother two weeks ago, who coincidentally would have been celebrating his 65th birthday today.

What's scary is there is no guarantee cure. Some people respond to treatment and never deal with it again, while other people think they kick cancers butt, but they get diagnosed again, like Tiana, and my friend I just lost.

Plus, it's not easy to diagnose. Some people wake up one day and have a grapefruit sized tumor to deal with. It's maddening.

I applaud everyone who has fought cancer and won. And I pray that you don't have to deal with it in the future. Good luck Tiana. We hope your treatment goes well and is successful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom