Class of 2014 - Tidbits from the Dome | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Tidbits from the Dome

DCCuse said:
First off, I want to thank Bees for letting me sit with his group and enjoyed the opportunity!!

No problem buddy. It was fun having another knowledgable passionate fan sit with us. Fun hearing about the sleuthing thru the Dome. Never seen someone move section to section so quickly amongst a crowd like that. Also, never seen someone have a beer in one hand and a coffee in the other either. :)

Busy day in Chicago Tuesday! Watson is in East St Louis IL so that may be a different day but not sure. It isn't far from Chicago so could be Tuesday too

It's still got be close to 300 miles. Your going from one end of the state to the other end.

What I can report was a quote from someone on the football team that I bumped into at halftime about how the weekend was going. He said that there were 3 commits. I mentioned Ishmael to which he responded that he "didn't even count him because he's known about that for months." He thinks right now it would be Prater, Dowels and the home run to me (if accurate) is LB Kyron Watson. Thinks we are in good with the rest including Ward and Rodney, but wasn't calling them commits yet.

Can't wait to see how the rest of this great class develops.

Thanks for the tidbits, DCC. Very much appreciated.

I really like Watson - he looks like a big time hitter on his tape. He fits the "hard nose" profile.

Long day/night yesterday so apologize for not getting this out earlier and if I am repeating what others have posted. I see that the cat is out of the bag about Treevon Prater committing, which was somewhat expected. There is definitely more to come...

First off, I want to thank Bees for letting me sit with his group and enjoyed the opportunity!! Secondly it was great seeing and hanging out with esteemed board members Jake, SUTomcat, JeremyCuse, LincolnCuse and the always entertaining brother combo SUBarney and Cuseguy.

In addition to the Recruits that now everyone knows were here and had a great time, there were a few jrs here on un-officials. Trying to track down some names, but so far no success.

What I can report was a quote from someone on the football team that I bumped into at halftime about how the weekend was going. He said that there were 3 commits. I mentioned Ishmael to which he responded that he "didn't even count him because he's known about that for months." He thinks right now it would be Prater, Dowels and the home run to me (if accurate) is LB Kyron Watson. Thinks we are in good with the rest including Ward and Rodney, but wasn't calling them commits yet.

First of all, thank you very much for posting this info!

If we land Dowels, Watson, and eventually Ismael / Ward / Rodney / Enoicy, I can't even begin to express how great of a class this would be.

If we land those 5, the lone disappointment for the year would be losing out on Ish Whitter. Pretty amazing, considering where we've come from recruiting wise. George McDonald and the rest of the staff are the real deal.

Last edited:
First of all, thank you very much for posting this info!

If we land Dowels, Watson, and eventually Ismael / Ward / Rodney / Enoicy, I can't even begin to express how great of a class this would be.

If we land those 5, the lone disappointment for the year would be losing out on Ish Whitter. Pretty amazing, considering where we've come from recruiting wise. George McDonald and the rest of the staff are the real deal.
If I were to nitpick... I would say the biggest loss was losing Sykes to ND if everything you mentioned were to happen.

But yes looks like it could be a heck of a class.

DCCuse said:
Long day/night yesterday so apologize for not getting this out earlier and if I am repeating what others have posted. I see that the cat is out of the bag about Treevon Prater committing, which was somewhat expected. There is definitely more to come...

First off, I want to thank Bees for letting me sit with his group and enjoyed the opportunity!! Secondly it was great seeing and hanging out with esteemed board members Jake, SUTomcat, JeremyCuse, LincolnCuse and the always entertaining brother combo SUBarney and Cuseguy.

In addition to the Recruits that now everyone knows were here and had a great time, there were a few jrs here on un-officials. Trying to track down some names, but so far no success.

DC you come through as usual great post. Good to meet you this season at the tailgate. Keep up the good sleuthing!

Not sounding too "flippy" on Watson's end...

That's unfortunate but it is what it is. I'll say the same comment I said about Ward and USF - sometimes we're our own worst enemies with some of the decisions we make in life. All things equal, I just don't see how Kansas is a better option for him, the same as USF for Ward, but in the end it's up to them and Syracuse as a program will go on with or without them. I'd rather it be with them.

That's unfortunate but it is what it is. I'll say the same comment I said about Ward and USF - sometimes we're our own worst enemies with some of the decisions we make in life. All things equal, I just don't see how Kansas is a better option for him, the same as USF for Ward, but in the end it's up to them and Syracuse as a program will go on with or without them. I'd rather it be with them.

Very true, but the biggest thing is that these are 17-18 year old kids. I, for one, can certainly say I didn't have a roadmap drawn out for my life at that age. I was still trying to figure out which fake ID I could use while away at college...

Further, USF and other big schools may be able to offer things that Syracuse cannot. First, a much larger student base (more girls?), sometimes better weather, etc. Syracuse inarguably offers a better education than both Kansas and USF in this example, but a lot of the time, that factor may not be coming in to play as much as should in hindsight.

maybe they feel compelled to honor committments.

What has Watson said?
It is paysite info but essentially Prater said it isn't happening. Not to get all Oliver Stone on everyone but Watson has tried to keep the entire visit on the down low. What if he really is considering the flip but had his teammate/close friend throw that out there to keep his real intentions hidden?? Hmmmm

It is paysite info but essentially Prater said it isn't happening. Not to get all Oliver Stone on everyone but Watson has tried to keep the entire visit on the down low. What if he really is considering the flip but had his teammate/close friend throw that out there to keep his real intentions hidden?? Hmmmm

Or...what if Watson is just a kid who wanted to attend an SU basketball game with his good friend and still honor his commitment to Kansas and was aware enough to try to keep it as low key as possible??

The 0nly thing I know, after checking around for info, is that I love Coach Leas' avi...

coach lea.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom