Class of 2014 - Tidbits from the Dome | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Tidbits from the Dome

Aren't we all?

If there was one recruiting complaint we could make this year (and be even remotely reasonable) it's that it appears to be moving at such a slow pace. Other programs light it up with commits and we are just plodding along. Hopefully we get the great close to the class we all want this year, so the momentum springboards us into next year where things can move at least a little bit quicker pace.

But if not, at least we are getting quality kids, and thats far more important than how long it takes to net the class anyways.

Keep in mind a lot of programs that get off to a fast start risk two things

1. Their classes can get picked apart with "better offers" (see Rutgers)pr simply because of on the field results. 0(see Rutgers)
2. The is such thing as filling up too quick. Not to say Cuse is there yet, but some of the best players do not commit until the end of the recruiting cycle. You don't want to take your option B in October before A has the chance ace to make a decision

Keep in mind a lot of programs that get off to a fast start risk two things

1. Their classes can get picked apart with "better offers" (see Rutgers)pr simply because of on the field results. 0(see Rutgers)
2. The is such thing as filling up too quick. Not to say Cuse is there yet, but some of the best players do not commit until the end of the recruiting cycle. You don't want to take your option B in October before A has the chance ace to make a decision

I think the bolded is the primary reason for the slowdown this year. We have really "reached for the stars" with some of the guys we are going after, in comparison to last year. As a result it is bogging things down a bit. But you know what, we are landing several big time kids. My thought process is simply if we can build the momentum and get excitement flowing through the program it can build into next year where we can get some of these top notch kids to become comfortable with SU a little bit sooner in the process, as opposed to dragging things out until the last couple of weeks.

You only need to remember a few dates in life. Kids birthdays, wife's birthday, anniversary, and National signing day. Oh and don't forget your girlfriends birthday either
Absolutely. I would add spring football game to that list.

Gasp! Say it ain't so! Then we would just need to get a jackass like Schlabach to stop calling trips to the Dome a "break by the schedule makers" like he did when putting Louisville in his top 25 next season. At least Andre Ware is being nice to us over at ESPN

just caught this gem from our boy Bahahaah

6. QB-DT Alin Edouard (Hialeah, Fla./Hialeah): Syracuse
The top-rated commitment in the Orange’s class, Edouard recently heard from Florida, and a visit could be in the works. Syracuse coach Scott Shafer is hoping to solidify Edouard’s commitment this weekend. Formerly a Miami commit, the draw of playing in his home state could begin to weigh on Edouard if the Gators offer.

The top-rated commitment in the Orange’s class, Edouard recently heard from Florida, and a visit could be in the works. Syracuse coach Scott Shafer is hoping to solidify Edouard’s commitment this weekend. Formerly a Miami commit, the draw of playing in his home state could begin to weigh on Edouard if the Gators offer.
That must have run previous to his OV this past weekend. He seems to be one of the most solid commits.

why would he be suddenly drawn to play in his home state when he already decomitted from Miami ? :crazy:

why would he be suddenly drawn to play in his home state when he already decomitted from Miami ? :crazy:
I hear ya Phat. This is old news and speculative reporting. AE helped bring in Dowels today for crying out loud. Please, let's move on.

So two of the three dominoes have fallen... fingers crossed that Watson does as well. I know it is still a longshot, BUT if the rumored in-home is legit maybe they can bring this one home. I still believe like many Ishmael is already in and after tomorrow's in-home I expect Ward to follow suit. Like our chances with Rodney, but not ready to call that one a done deal yet.

Long day/night yesterday so apologize for not getting this out earlier and if I am repeating what others have posted. I see that the cat is out of the bag about Treevon Prater committing, which was somewhat expected. There is definitely more to come...

First off, I want to thank Bees for letting me sit with his group and enjoyed the opportunity!! Secondly it was great seeing and hanging out with esteemed board members Jake, SUTomcat, JeremyCuse, LincolnCuse and the always entertaining brother combo SUBarney and Cuseguy.

In addition to the Recruits that now everyone knows were here and had a great time, there were a few jrs here on un-officials. Trying to track down some names, but so far no success.

What I can report was a quote from someone on the football team that I bumped into at halftime about how the weekend was going. He said that there were 3 commits. I mentioned Ishmael to which he responded that he "didn't even count him because he's known about that for months." He thinks right now it would be Prater, Dowels and the home run to me (if accurate) is LB Kyron Watson. Thinks we are in good with the rest including Ward and Rodney, but wasn't calling them commits yet.

Can't wait to see how the rest of this great class develops.

By any chance were you able to track down who any of the Juniors were?

By any chance were you able to track down who any of the Juniors were?

Unfortunately dead ends. Hopefully more success at the Duke game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom