Class of 2014 - Tidbits from the Dome | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Tidbits from the Dome

This is very exciting news, but I will hold my enthusiasm til signing day. I thank you guys for all the information you provide, if nothing else, I am looking forward to seeing who really signs.

It is paysite info but essentially Prater said it isn't happening. Not to get all Oliver Stone on everyone but Watson has tried to keep the entire visit on the down low. What if he really is considering the flip but had his teammate/close friend throw that out there to keep his real intentions hidden?? Hmmmm
I have no idea what is really going on, but as per my original post I did say if accurate. I didn't expect a commit coming right out of this weekend from Watson. At best, I thought we could impress him enough to at least get him thinking then have follow up visits from the coaching staff joined with his buddy Prater in his ear selling him on a signing day switch. Still hoping for that scenario.

I have no idea what is really going on, but as per my original post I did say if accurate. I didn't expect a commit coming right out of this weekend from Watson. At best, I thought we could impress him enough to at least get him thinking then have follow up visits from the coaching staff joined with his buddy Prater in his ear selling him on a signing day switch. Still hoping for that scenario.

Sounds good to me. I can't find anything on the 2 major paysites counteracting that.

Sounds good to me. I can't find anything on the 2 major paysites counteracting that.
That isn't true Praeter seems to make it clear that Watson isn't flipping. It could be that the the kid just wants to stay closer to home. It does happen.

If I were to nitpick... I would say the biggest loss was losing Sykes to ND if everything you mentioned were to happen.

But yes looks like it could be a heck of a class.
Sykes a few others was a big miss but he will not be the deciding factor on the value of this class by any means . I am totally in agreement with Liber02. with respect to those other names and their value. I am a little disappointed in only getting one verbal this past weekend but the 14 class is far from over and complete.

Or...what if Watson is just a kid who wanted to attend an SU basketball game with his good friend and still honor his commitment to Kansas and was aware enough to try to keep it as low key as possible??

Stop being so sensible!! :).

Reactions: 007
I am really hoping we get a nice slow trickle of verbal commits these next couple of weeks to build momentum. Love what this staff is doing. This program's foundation is solid.

It is strange that there is no article up on the Kansas sites about Watson "reaffirming his commitment to Kansas" and that he is still showing as a soft verbal.

lets hope we see an in-home with him. If we do then we're still in it.

That isn't true Praeter seems to make it clear that Watson isn't flipping. It could be that the the kid just wants to stay closer to home. It does happen.

How is it not true that I couldn't find anything? Since you seem to know what articles I read, please tell me what I looked at that said differently.

It is strange that there is no article up on the Kansas sites about Watson "reaffirming his commitment to Kansas" and that he is still showing as a soft verbal.

The Kansas site doesn't even know he made the trip. They had an article up the other day saying he turned down the trip. He very well may be trying to respect Kansas. Let's see what happens.

The Kansas site doesn't even know he made the trip. They had an article up the other day saying he turned down the trip. He very well may be trying to respect Kansas. Let's see what happens.
We complain we have it bad, how about being a Kansas football fan? I can't imagine there being much coverage. You'd think they'd at least know when and where kids are visiting. For people who think Syracuse is a basketball school, go look at Kansas.

I'm sure Charlie's planning an in-home with Watson VERY soon.

Mark my words, Charlie won't be the head coach after next season. Kansas gets Mangino at OC, but the other teams in the conference are just so much better. I don't know who Kansas will beat next year in the Big 12. Maybe Iowa State that's all but I would still give the nod to Iowa State.

That's unfortunate but it is what it is. I'll say the same comment I said about Ward and USF - sometimes we're our own worst enemies with some of the decisions we make in life. All things equal, I just don't see how Kansas is a better option for him, the same as USF for Ward, but in the end it's up to them and Syracuse as a program will go on with or without them. I'd rather it be with them.
When you get the chance to commit to a school with a lame duck coach that was 3-9 and 1-11 the past 2 years, you don't pass that up.

We complain we have it bad, how about being a Kansas football fan? I can't imagine there being much coverage. You'd think they'd at least know when and where kids are visiting. For people who think Syracuse is a basketball school, go look at Kansas.

Imagine if we hired Gill instead of Marrone? Ahhhhhh.

Mark my words, Charlie won't be the head coach after next season. Kansas gets Mangino at OC, but the other teams in the conference are just so much better. I don't know who Kansas will beat next year in the Big 12. Maybe Iowa State that's all but I would still give the nod to Iowa State.

unless I am not comprehending what you are saying...Mangino was just hired as Iowa States OC a couple weeks ago.

I am really hoping we get a nice slow trickle of verbal commits these next couple of weeks to build momentum. Love what this staff is doing. This program's foundation is solid.

Aren't we all?

If there was one recruiting complaint we could make this year (and be even remotely reasonable) it's that it appears to be moving at such a slow pace. Other programs light it up with commits and we are just plodding along. Hopefully we get the great close to the class we all want this year, so the momentum springboards us into next year where things can move at least a little bit quicker pace.

But if not, at least we are getting quality kids, and thats far more important than how long it takes to net the class anyways.

Eric White ‏@EricWhiteCuse 23h
February 5 we will be talking about how huge that weekend was #CUSE14 #MoreToCome

This is going to sound uninformed (because it is) but whats going on feb 5? I know Duke is 2/1, but I have no idea about 2/5

This is going to sound uninformed (because it is) but whats going on feb 5? I know Duke is 2/1, but I have no idea about 2/5

I believe it is national signing day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom