To those that say recruiting has not fallen off... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

To those that say recruiting has not fallen off...

I wish him nothing but success! Just hard to watch him doing it at a school that's not Syracuse. Really bummed...he would of been a monster here for us as a head coach.

I absolutely agree wholeheartedly. I was just saying I’m glad this isn’t a recruit we’re going after as well. I don’t believe Hop will come back but I guess never say never.

I wish him nothing but success! Just hard to watch him doing it at a school that's not Syracuse. Really bummed...he would of been a monster here for us as a head coach.

I watched one of their games the other night. They did a great job. Terrific defense. They're not as big as they're going to be, but he is putting it together. Next year they are going to be a legit threat in the tournament.

I absolutely agree wholeheartedly. I was just saying I’m glad this isn’t a recruit we’re going after as well. I don’t believe Hop will come back but I guess never say never.
Why would Hop come back?

Why would Hop come back?

To coach the school he played for and spent 30 years at, in a better conference, at a better basketball school, with better facilities?

He very well may not, but we don’t have to act like there’s no reason for an alum to want to coach Syracuse. It’s one of the best programs and jobs in the country, and it hasn’t been open in 45 years.

Why would Hop come back?

Hence why I said I don’t know if he’ll come back. There’s pros and cons for each decision so I have no idea.

Why would Hop come back?
first, isn't his wife from Syracuse? I imagine the pull to be close to family would be strong. Second, Mike played here. Was a captain here. Was a long time ass't coach here. I don't know many people that play sports that wouldn't want to coach the school that they played at. 3rd. The ACC is big time next to the Pac whatever. hop may not come back. probably won't. but to suggest that there aren't reasons for him to come back is just silly.

Recruiting Decline - great example of why re big men and the outside view of what can happen here

This is what was expected out of Tyler R @ Syracuse.
"Mr Double Double"

He looks like a different player especially his personality & energy.

Where was this game for 4 years?

I wonder why ...

Just a few samples available - def. watch the 1st 2 links -

tyler roberson - Bing video

His pre-draft interview

Recruiting Decline - great example of why re big men and the outside view of what can happen here

This is what was expected out of Tyler R @ Syracuse.
"Mr Double Double"

He looks like a different player especially his personality & energy.

Where was this game for 4 years?

I wonder why ...

Just a few samples available - def. watch the 1st 2 links -

His pre-draft interview

Everybody scored a lot in high school.

Kid almost averaged a double double on a final four team. He did ok here.

A lower rated kid with more offensive skill came in after him, demanded a bigger offensive role by actually getting it done on the court, and then went to the NBA.

Stop whining.

I just recall everyone being extremely disappointed for 3 years after he came in as a major recruit. Dude was the #1 or 2 Center recruit in the country by everyone and was still a 5 & 5 guy in year 3. Year 4 made everyone forget about years 1-3.
He started developing some offensive moves by Year 3, a nice little jump hook and a few low post moves. But we didn’t go to him often because we had great forwards in CJ and Jerami Grant and good guards in Tyler Ennis and Cooney. But Rak had some nice offensive games in there including in the close game against NC State in the Dome.

To coach the school he played for and spent 30 years at, in a better conference, at a better basketball school, with better facilities?

He very well may not, but we don’t have to act like there’s no reason for an alum to want to coach Syracuse. It’s one of the best programs and jobs in the country, and it hasn’t been open in 45 years.
Ok but after patiently waiting 20 years and promised the job only to have it change at the 12th hour i would imagine he would respectively pass.

we couldn't get any top kids to the Duke game, how are we getting them to sign on the dotted line, how many future MCD AA were up to visit SU this past wknd?
Someone needs a Snickers.

we couldn't get any top kids to the Duke game, how are we getting them to sign on the dotted line, how many future MCD AA were up to visit SU this past wknd?
I think either Jb was afraid of us getting killed or we really don’t have any pull at all anymore.

I think either Jb was afraid of us getting killed or we really don’t have any pull at all anymore.
Biggest crowd to ever see a regular season game. I thought we had a bunch of prospects at the game?

Biggest crowd to ever see a regular season game. I thought we had a bunch of prospects at the game?
Oh a few people said we didn’t so I just assumed we didn’t. If we did well we should of cause that would be number 1 sell to these kids.

Oh a few people said we didn’t so I just assumed we didn’t. If we did well we should of cause that would be number 1 sell to these kids.
Im not sure. I know the football team had a bunch of visitors. Im sure bball did as well. Bees or one of the other guys who went would know.

Are you serious? We didn't have any good visitors for Duke with that crowd, after we already beat them the first time? Wow.

Ok but after patiently waiting 20 years and promised the job only to have it change at the 12th hour i would imagine he would respectively pass.
You’re implying something happened that didn’t happen. Please stop. Nothing changed other than it became obvious JB didnt want to retire. But Wildhack and the school were sticking with the timeline and plan for Hop to take over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom