Todays guest: Pete Davidson | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Todays guest: Pete Davidson

Davidson at SYR game will make the rounds on social media and TV sports and entertainment shows. As Spiro Agnew said, "All publicity is good publicity." Watch SYR trend on Twitter

Also doesn’t hurt that the follow up fact that also gets those shares is that Syracuse beat a name brand team by 20+.

Personally I don’t hate that Weitsman does it; I just don’t get why he does it. If I were wealthy and had incredible seats, I’d bring my family and friends. Not people who I don’t really know and wouldn’t give me a second look if I weren’t paying them to hang out with me. It’s the “paying people to hang out with him” part that makes it weird for me.
The “paying people” thing borders on urban legend and is based on sizable
donations Adam made to charities supported by Tom Brady and Jeremy Piven.
Do you honestly think a check from Weitsman would be the driving factor behind someone like Brady who made $27.5 MM coming to the Dome?
Weitsman was named one of the Top 10 social media influencers in the world by Google. I’m not really sure what that means but I can understand that being seen with major celebrities helps build his brand. And building his personal brand absolutely helps his philanthropic efforts as well as his initiatives to branch out into other industries.
As a side benefit it brings attention to the program and the community.
Why do people work so hard to put a negative spin on everything?

As someone born and raised and now a former Staten Islander, I can tell you Pete Davidson has said more negative things about his hometown than anywhere else. However, the guy does a lot of good things for the community and is incredibly sarcastic with the things he says. I’m not offended in the least. He’s one of the most visible personalities in the country today and him making an appearance won’t hurt Syracuse in the slightest.

Weitsman was named one of the Top 10 social media influencers in the world by Google.

Wait a second. This is borderline inconceivable. Do you have a reference for this? If he was top 1,000 I would be shocked. Top 10?!

Wait a second. This is borderline inconceivable. Do you have a reference for this? If he was top 1,000 I would be shocked. Top 10?!
Top Instagram Influencer:

Some other articles:

Rich Syracuse booster has money. He spends his own money to bring celebs in he's friends with a celebrity that comes of his own volition, with no strings attached for the university or anyone else. The board blows up.

Only people here would overanalyze this. Who cares folks, who cares?

Last edited:
Enjoyed that article. I wonder how Mike Curtis got the 'watch Pete Davidson the whole game' assignment. Less seniority?

He had the Giannis assignment last weekend.

Top Instagram Influencer:

Some other articles:

I would bet coin that those top ten "influencers" listed in that article are all clients of the PR company that wrote that article. But, good for them.

SF36.png

I don't think you need to agree with Weitsman, or even think it has a tangible benefit for the basketball program... but does it HURT the program? If not, why do you care so much about what he does? It's as weird to me see posters complain about how Weitsman pays people to join him for game, as it actually is for him to do it.
He does pay for them to hang with him ..wierd

Don’t ask me how I know, but I know. Adams on a healing mission for the greater good. This, I think, seems to be a part of that greater mission.
Give me a break. It's all About attention

The “paying people” thing borders on urban legend and is based on sizable
donations Adam made to charities supported by Tom Brady and Jeremy Piven.
Do you honestly think a check from Weitsman would be the driving factor behind someone like Brady who made $27.5 MM coming to the Dome?
Weitsman was named one of the Top 10 social media influencers in the world by Google. I’m not really sure what that means but I can understand that being seen with major celebrities helps build his brand. And building his personal brand absolutely helps his philanthropic efforts as well as his initiatives to branch out into other industries.
As a side benefit it brings attention to the program and the community.
Why do people work so hard to put a negative spin on everything?
All attention ego

I don’t understand why our fans are obsessed with thinking Weitsman is going torpedo the program from a compliance standpoint and frankly I’m sick of it. We say we want people to be successful here, yet we locals sht on anyone who’s successful and look at each other with skepticism if one of us does well for ourselves and the area.

I can honestly say, I don’t think I have ever seen anything this guy has been in. I’m guessing im
Not missing much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom