Tommy Devito in the portal | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy Devito in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that entire article had me clenching my teeth. Came off piss pour for Tommy and his parents.

Hard to point fingers, I'm sure both Dino and Tommy both have solid points, but no need to air this dirty laundry out there. Makes you look super petty.

This system works best with a bigger, dual-threat QB who can run and gun and improvise when things break down. That did not play well into Tommy's size or skill set.

I'm surprised Dino didn't revoke Tommy's scholarship for insubordination when he tried to show him up with those analytics.

Makes the pizza box recommendations during the P & D era seem like small potatoes.

All I get is this:

"Their breakup on Sunday was quick.

Tommy DeVito, resigned to the fact he’d get little playing time the remainder of the season, went into Dino Babers’ office and told him he was leaving the team to seek a transfer."

The rest is all ads. I am a subscriber. I checked on your link, by going to Syracuse.com myself and though the E-mails they send me saying "The Post-Standard eNewspaper is ready to read". It made no difference. I'm logged in. All I get is that one paragraph.

Are they taking the article down?

It's all still there, I just checked. I had that same issue, but after about 2 seconds, the rest of the article appeared. Something is hung up on your end.

All I get is this:

"Their breakup on Sunday was quick.

Tommy DeVito, resigned to the fact he’d get little playing time the remainder of the season, went into Dino Babers’ office and told him he was leaving the team to seek a transfer."

The rest is all ads. I am a subscriber. I checked on your link, by going to Syracuse.com myself and though the E-mails they send me saying "The Post-Standard eNewspaper is ready to read". It made no difference. I'm logged in. All I get is that one paragraph.

Are they taking the article down?
Did you put your email in to log in?

The point about his starting center and lack of interest on the staff was one thing I had never heard before. Surprised given our offensive line and how much Dino had to suck up to Tommy and the family it is shocking they wouldn't at least throw a letter or email at the prospect. When he turned out to be a good player at Missouri there is some egg on the face.

That said, I get it that no coach wants someone else to tell them what to do and who to recruit. Must be so hard to be a coach and deal with the controlling expectations and egos of these families.

The point about his starting center and lack of interest on the staff was one thing I had never heard before. Surprised given our offensive line and how much Dino had to suck up to Tommy and the family it is shocking they wouldn't at least throw a letter or email at the prospect. When he turned out to be a good player at Missouri there is some egg on the face.

That said, I get it that no coach wants someone else to tell them what to do and who to recruit. Must be so hard to be a coach and deal with the controlling expectations and egos of these families.

Yup or it never happened. That's the problem with articles like this - you'll only ever get one side of the story.

I want to give Tommy the benefit of the doubt with the article but it is hard.

The 2 kids from Michigan are DL.

Can Tommy explain how in 3 Qs he was sacked 5x vs Rutgers but in the last 4 games Shrader has only been sacked 6x combined? You miss 100% of the shots you don't take Tommy.

Good QBs make those around them better. Yet we see TD and family complaining that the players around him do not make him look better.

great article. Can't imagine what was going thru Dino's mind when TD and the fam kept pitching ideas/critiques...glad this era is over

In the early part of the article Dino says he knew this was coming, just wasn't sure when.

Kinda makes sense now that DeVito wasn't getting into that Clemson game no matter what. Dino was done, and ready to move on from the family drama.

And this is Dino after finding out.

tumblr_mzlor2O6Yq1qbbjkio7_r2_250.gifv

His best bets are in order Kent State, Memphis, Western K, MN, Rutgers, Vandy. Lewis will let him light it up and Memphis has the talent at WR to really help him. He will get murdered at Rutgers and or Vandy
Kent St. would be a no brainer as long as they have an above average OL.

This was suppose to be a hit piece on Dino and ended up making DeVito look bad.

DeVito making suggestions to replace his current teammates, did they know this going on? Everything was always someone else’s fault.

And DeVito is still bringing up that stupid chart saying Cuse does the least to support their QB? Data can be interpreted in many different ways to support ones desired view.

The only way this article makes Dino look bad is that he put up with this for so long.

Dino, to a fault, probably stuck with Tommy way too long at the expense of the team's success because of his promise to him during recruiting. Dino deserves a little credit for being true to his word and a little criticism for not pulling the plug earlier. Never an easy call.

As horrendous as our OL was over the past 2 years, I have 0 issue with Tommy suggesting transfer options that could help the team. Maetti was a 3 year starter at Center for Rutgers and Missouri ended up getting 2 years out of him with what happened with COVID. I know we were looking at transfer centers a year ago so the whole thing is pretty strange.

As horrendous as our OL was over the past 2 years, I have 0 issue with Tommy suggesting transfer options that could help the team. Maetti was a 3 year starter at Center for Rutgers and Missouri ended up getting 2 years out of him with what happened with COVID. I know we were looking at transfer centers a year ago so the whole thing is pretty strange.
Again, if true. We can't just assume that because he went to Missouri there was no interest from Dino and staff. And this is coming from a Dino skeptic!

Also - and this is a big one - maybe the transfers from Don Bosco told Tommy they were interested but in reality had no interest in playing with TD again. He and the family have had this rep since HS. Me thinks his HS teammates were prob sick of it too.

Im sure they evaluated him. He played at Missouri. Does that mean he's an impact center? How much better would he have been than Servais or Vett?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom