Tommy Devito in the portal | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy Devito in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of this is surprising.

I can't believe TD got the runway he did.

With that said, I hate hammering a kid under the influence of that type of parenting. Honestly, I won't root or not root for Tommy. But I'd never wish him ill will.

I'll just say I'm glad we have Garrett Shrader.
I wish him good health and a happy life. A dose of reality on the football front and learning the lessons not to blame everybody around you for everything that goes wrong might be a valuable lesson.

I have never heard or read anything bad from Shrader about Joe Moorhead or Mike Leach. He has handled his setbacks like a man. Very happy he is now at the controls for SU.
Couldn't have all been good. Shrader got into a fight with somebody in pracitce and missed time and Moorhead got in trouble for not reporting it.

most disturbing is the nearly 4:1 like to message ratio. I believe someone recently said (jokingly) the gold standard was 3:1. Yikes.
I remember back when it was really difficult to get “Likes” on this board. They were doled out like porridge in a Dickens orphanage. Now, all you have to say is say “Pee Troughs” or “Bring back the Mac uniforms!” and let them rain down!
D47153C1-0315-464E-A2EE-C301F5C742B3.gif

I’m sure there is more A-hole parents of players ready to fill the void left by Mr. DeVito’s departure. One thing that seems to be in abundance these days is A-hole sports parents.
It's a good point. I will tell you though - in all my years of coaching at the college level - most parents understood that their sons were adults now and didn't helicopter. Maybe one or two parents a year. That's it.

Bingo Chip - I've made mention in other threads...will be VERY telling if Kent State actively recruits TD...

Lewis does have a need though. I think the senior QB has exhausted his eligibility. So a one year bridge to the younger guy, and just hoping the dad stays out of things now that it's one year, final option to play. Gets a QB who knows his system.

If Lewis thought he'd be around for multiple years, I bet he'd pass.

It's actually ridiculously simple to release a message to the public about transferring, that does not provide any opportunity to dig into deeper. The fact this article even exists is just nonsensical and unnecessary.

THIS.

Talk about turning off potential suitor programs...

The staff did get a transfer to improve the offense. #16.
Does that mean we should thank Tommy's dad for this turn of events?

If he didn't helicopter does Dino decide to stick with TD for the rest of his career?

It's all still there, I just checked. I had that same issue, but after about 2 seconds, the rest of the article appeared. Something is hung up on your end.

I restarted, made sure I was logged in, used three different browsers and waited several minutes on each. All I can get is the first paragraph.

Did you put your email in to log in?

Yes.

Couldn't have all been good. Shrader got into a fight with somebody in pracitce and missed time and Moorhead got in trouble for not reporting it.
Imagine that...two competitive athletes participating in a very physical sport get into a fight at practice. The horror!

We all know you've been a huge TD advocate while, at times, defending the indefensible. Now you're attempting to throw shade toward the Devito camp by taking a backhanded swipe at GS's departure. Really weak effort.

People get all aroused talking with parents on forums. Odd to me, but oh well, I guess.

Not surprising at all IMO. Dick-in-MI hit the nail on the head in a previous post by referencing such posters as 'sycophants.' Kind of reminds me too on how some here can post; 'the sky is blue' etc., and get a similar token of appreciation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom