Tommy Devito in the portal | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy Devito in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So mad we didn’t make the switch before that Rutgers game and wasted our time and let that guy predictably suck all game in a horrible loss to that crappy team.
To be fair he was having a decent game up through our TD. After that though it was rough. He should have came out after the fumble. We were down 10 and needed a spark. Yes, Tommy is the better passer but it wasn't happening. More of Dino's lack of feel for the game.

Wasnt going to add much to this thread but I see there's a lot of different opinions. That's how it should be when you have passionate fans that want to see their team win. With that said, the article makes me feel exactly how I felt after TD senior bash Dungey during my only conversation with him. I met him in the hallway during the 2018 season when Eric was having a good season. All senior did was talked about his son being better than Dungey. He said Dungey cant make all the throws TD makes and that the offense is being held back by Dungey. It wasnt a good first impression. He bashed the o line and staff of Tommy's HS team. Did the same in college. He made excuses when Tommy under performed in the UA game. I tried to keep good relations after that but it was hard. I wish Tommy well. I personally think Kent st would be a great spot for him. Best opportunity to start and play in a familiar system.
When TD sucked in the Notre Dame game in 2018, when he had the same team Eric did it gave us and all the other ACC teams, the recipe for defending TD.
That game gave an example of how TD performed under pressure, and he never got better.

Does that mean we should thank Tommy's dad for this turn of events?

If he didn't helicopter does Dino decide to stick with TD for the rest of his career?
TD was competent when he was behind a line that would give him time to throw, he did fine as a backup to Dungey in 2018 in the FSU and NC games (our best line in the past 7-8 years) and then started to struggle in 2019 and beyond. So I would say that our struggles with fielding a competent OL 2 deep would have submarined TD anyway, father or not. He's just not effective behind an offensive line that is at least above average in pass protecting.

After reading this, I wonder how toxic and cancerous Tommy was to the whole team. He must have stewed during this benching and alienated himself from a lot of teammates. I wonder if him leaving is a big relief to the team. Personally, I hope his leaving rallies the team in the last 5. Let's get 3 and get to a bowl. This team deserves it.

Imagine that...two competitive athletes participating in a very physical sport get into a fight at practice. The horror!

We all know you've been a huge TD advocate while, at times, defending the indefensible. Now you're attempting to throw shade toward the Devito camp by taking a backhanded swipe at GS's departure. Really weak effort.
Imagine that...two competitive athletes participating in a very physical sport get into a fight at practice. The horror!

We all know you've been a huge TD advocate while, at times, defending the indefensible. Now you're attempting to throw shade toward the Devito camp by taking a backhanded swipe at GS's departure. Really weak effort.
Not trying to throw shade or make anything look a certain way. I was a and still am a DeVito supporter. Always hoped the young man would live up to his hype. Obviously that did not happen at Syracuse. We will have to see how it works out anywhere else. Personally, I don't think he should have done any interview with any media and he should stay off social media etc. DeVito is no longer part of the Syracuse program so it's time for all of us to move on.

People get all aroused talking with parents on forums. Odd to me, but oh well, I guess.

That kid from Ohio - Trey? He committed under Robinson. Not sure he ever made it to campus. His dad seemed like a decent guy. The ones that stop by after committing or getting on campus are fine. But there have been some ugly moments over the years. And I can't even imagine what's been deleted by moderators.

That kid from Ohio - Trey? He committed under Robinson. Not sure he ever made it to campus. His dad seemed like a decent guy. The ones that stop by after committing or getting on campus are fine. But there have been some ugly moments over the years. And I can't even imagine what's been deleted by moderators.
It has been discussed frequently but there have been plenty of posts by family that are non-issues. The obsession though by some, with some, is weird to me.

“He’d be really good behind a good OL and with good WR’s”...who wouldn’t??

Get it done or next man up!
Does anyone else find it absolutely bizarre that they show-up for an interview with props! Talk about insecure. If anything, TD hurt his chances with landing spots. From the beginning, his father was/is TD's biggest obstacle to achieve success...what a shame.

Does anyone else find it absolutely bizarre that they show-up for an interview with props! Talk about insecure. If anything, TD hurt his chances with landing spots. From the beginning, his father was/is TD's biggest obstacle to achieve success...what a shame.
It tells me the intent was 100% to embarrass the staff. Kinda backfired.

Again, I put this all on the plumber. Feel bad for the kid.

I know he gets a lot of grief around here, but Brent Axe did a great job earning the trust of the Devito people and he had no problem telling it how it was.

For those wondering “why now, in the middle of the season?”

When he was just asked by Axe what the gameplan is now he said “I’m in no rush”. Alrighty then

For those wondering “why now, in the middle of the season?”

When he was just asked by Axe what the gameplan is now he said “I’m in no rush”. Alrighty then
Is DeVito on Axe right now?

TD was competent when he was behind a line that would give him time to throw, he did fine as a backup to Dungey in 2018 in the FSU and NC games (our best line in the past 7-8 years) and then started to struggle in 2019 and beyond. So I would say that our struggles with fielding a competent OL 2 deep would have submarined TD anyway, father or not. He's just not effective behind an offensive line that is at least above average in pass protecting.
Those games the teams didn't have time to prepare for him. He failed miserably against Notre Dame who pressured him, and that was the way teams in the future played him.
He was never able to adjust to the speed of the game, and make decisions on the run.

It tells me the intent was 100% to embarrass the staff. Kinda backfired.

Again, I put this all on the plumber. Feel bad for the kid.
Yup. The dad is a nasty person -- no surprise there. We gave him more than enough chances. And this is definitely backfiring on the old man. And going to make TD toxic to potential landing spots. I'm sure his Dad thinks he's spinning it as building excuses for why TD sucked here. But other coaches will see the same stuff we all saw and opposing coordinators did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom