Tommy has to start vs NC State. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy has to start vs NC State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me Eric is hurt, has been his shoulder is injured. Its a fact. The entire team knows.
Dino is protecting his post college opportunities. Love Dino for it but its time to play Tommy.

I want Tommy to start, but I would like to see Dungey come in when it's within the other team's 5 yard line. Keep his running ability as a threat.

Would expand this to Devito between the 20's and Dungey in the red zone. Having a senior in the redzone with his running ability would help to combat some of the exotic coverages you can do in the red zone on a small field. And Dungey's arm strength doesn't become a factor.

Thinking something similar to Chris Leak/Tim Tebow at Florida.

Trust me Eric is hurt, has been his shoulder is injured. Its a fact. The entire team knows.
Dino is protecting his post college opportunities. Love Dino for it but its time to play Tommy.
Protecting his post college opportunities? As what? Dungey isn’t playing QB in the NFL. He’s not accurate enough as a passer. Playing him in his current state only further exemplifies that.

Im in the minority (or maybe even the minority) but i start eric with a very short leash and maybe give devito series regardless.

I still believe in eric but he has not been good the past two games. I believe the rumor of a shoulder injury is probably true.

Let’s make it simpler: our two acc wins are because of Devito.

Dino is not gonna make a change in the presser. It’s over for Dungey. It’s not personal it’s business.

He’s been fantastic but let’s tap the breaks on his historical significance. Zero bowls. Great qbs will those bowl appearances and Devito has saved this season

My big issue right now is the coaching. Dino went to the bullpen dangerously late. Terribly coached game. Terrible. Dino needs to figure it out

I want Tommy to start, but I would like to see Dungey come in when it's within the other team's 5 yard line. Keep his running ability as a threat.
Absolutely. Dungey should still be an integral part of this offense. He is such a weapon with his feet and could throw the occasional pass. Nice problem for the coaches.

Absolutely. Dungey should still be an integral part of this offense. He is such a weapon with his feet and could throw the occasional pass. Nice problem for the coaches.
If Eric wasn't hurt we would be undefeated. ED and TD are two completely different players. When ED is healthy he has a solid arm.
Tommy has an elite NFL arm, great vision and an incredibly quick release. He makes quick decisions and his ball arrives at a minimum a full second quicker than Erics. With Erics passing limited because of injury the difference between the two as far as passing goes isnt even close.
If TD stays healthy he is going to rewrite every passing record at SU.

This move needed to be made last game. Eric has been off all year. Who knows if hes hurt or not, but he just doesn't have it this year. This offense is night and day better with Devito at QB. This may be one of the only situations where if Dino plays the Senior he could lose some of the team. The young guys are all certainly for Devito. Regardless who the team is for the move needs to be made. Devito should have got opportunities in the last 2 games. Hate to say it, but we are most likely 7-0 if Devito had played.

This offense was so much fun to watch with Devito just pushing the ball down the field without a care in the world. That was electric, and it's not like it's a fluke. He led them to a romp in the 2nd half of the FSU game. He is the quarterback this offense needs. It's clear as day.

This move needed to be made last game. Eric has been off all year. Who knows if hes hurt or not, but he just doesn't have it this year. This offense is night and day better with Devito at QB. This may be one of the only situations where if Dino plays the Senior he could lose some of the team. The young guys are all certainly for Devito. Regardless who the team is for the move needs to be made. Devito should have got opportunities in the last 2 games. Hate to say it, but we are most likely 7-0 if Devito had played.

This offense was so much fun to watch with Devito just pushing the ball down the field without a care in the world. That was electric, and it's not like it's a fluke. He led them to a romp in the 2nd half of the FSU game. He is the quarterback this offense needs. It's clear as day.
He is hurt.

I think ED still gets the start next week, I think TD definitely gets minutes and snaps. I can see HCDFB going with whomever has the hot hand after a few series.
Let’s also measure our expectations a bit for TD. He is young, he will make mistakes, we need to be patient with his mistakes and enjoy the good things he does. Exciting win today and great team effort!!!

I think ED still gets the start next week, I think TD definitely gets minutes and snaps. I can see HCDFB going with whomever has the hot hand after a few series.
Let’s also measure our expectations a bit for TD. He is young, he will make mistakes, we need to be patient with his mistakes and enjoy the good things he does. Exciting win today and great team effort!!!

I'll patiently await his HOF induction

dunno about devito starting. i think dino goes with eric.
Yep but with no leash or real short. This is what we'll probably see based on Babers post game comments. No one can say he didn't go above and beyond for Ed if he does make the change. Thinking he's gonna start Ed out of loyalty and go with prescribed sets(s) of series for both and see what happens, but there ain't no denying whose the one who is better right now and gives the team the better chance to win.

I am half way through the 3rd quarter watching the replay and this is just sad to see. ED could have easily had a couple more tds or at very worst 1st downs. I mean the kid is a warrior, but he just can't make a consistent throw. If Dino really says he has to "look at the tape" i don't see any way he could possibly start Eric.

when coach says look at the tape its delaying a decision based off emotion, and no benefit of telling the media that devito is starting or not. id expect coach says no decision has been made until they practice this week as a way to make nc state prepare for both

Not sure he has to start but he will definitely need to play against a very strong NC State team. This one could be a shootout if we can keep up with them.

I have no problem with starting Eric the first series or two and see if he can get things going. I always like JB's statement on these things, "It doesn't matter who starts, who finishes is more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom