Tommy has to start vs NC State. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy has to start vs NC State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think the big difference is against WMU Dungey had it rolling so why take him out? This game Dungey was struggling and we needed a spark. Tommy gave us that spark and then some.

Because he hurt his shoulder when he tried to run over that defender at the goal line early in the game. He took a real lick to his throwing shoulder. We were scoring at will, so Babers wanted Dungey to get treatment and put Tommy into what he thought was a low risk situation, and let's see what the kid can do. He wasn't ready then. After Florida State, and this game, I'm comfortable with him out there. Eric became a bit too much of a meathead in his style of play. He's not Larry Csonka, he's the quarterback.

I’m probably in the minority with this, and I love TD but I still let Eric start. But his leash is the shortest leash possible. 1 bad series and I’m bringing in TD.

We still have to win a few games. We have no shot against NC State with a banged up Eric. DeVito gives us a puncher's chance.

The following week, we MUST beat Louisville. Geez, this game today, at home, was so much closer than it should have been. Forget talk about 8 or 9 wins. How foolish does that sound now?

Let's just get to six, and then it's house money. Next year is a bigger year. 34 of our top 44 on the depth chart return, plus all our kickers. Let's just get to a bowl game this year and finish with a better recruiting class than we have right now.

Next year 8-9 wins, and then that class is going to be very good and we will be off to the races with 2 more years of Tommy still to go.

We still have to win a few games. We have no shot against NC State with a banged up Eric. DeVito gives us a puncher's chance.

The following week, we MUST beat Louisville. Geez, this game today, at home, was so much closer than it should have been. Forget talk about 8 or 9 wins. How foolish does that sound now?

Let's just get to six, and then it's house money. Next year is a bigger year. 34 of our top 44 on the depth chart return, plus all our kickers. Let's just get to a bowl game this year and finish with a better recruiting class than we have right now.

Next year 8-9 wins, and then that class is going to be very good and we will be off to the races with 2 more years of Tommy still to go.
Two problems with your post:
1) We have more than a punchers chance to beat NCSU. They got waxed by Clemson and largely were undefeated prior to today because of a weak schedule
2) We play at Wake the week after

louisville is 2 weeks after nc state. in between we play at wake forest

I’m a Green Bay fan, I’ve been watching them since I was 12... I don’t take this comparison lightly but Tommy has hints of Rodgers in him... Now before anyone jumps down my throat, I said hints. He buys time with his feet and is constantly looking down feild. That, mixed with his release. I like it a lot.

I’m a Green Bay fan, I’ve been watching them since I was 12... I don’t take this comparison lightly but Tommy has hints of Rodgers in him... Now before anyone jumps down my throat, I said hints. He buys time with his feet and is constantly looking down feild. That, mixed with his release. I like it a lot.

he's going to re-write the record book here.

You have said it in every one of your posts. i get it. He should be on the bench then and should have been on the bench if that was the case.
Then dont question it.

Anyone who wants wins this year is bonkers if they think ED should get more starts now or even series.

It’s Devitos team now. Figure out this week how to make Dungey an h back or a TE. Any snap that Devito doesn’t get is not a winning formula. If I watched the wrong game let me know

Eric is a TE/FB hybrid in the NFL.
Hope he can help the team still.
The passing game was miles better with DeVito.
DeVito has to be more careful about going for the kill shot every play but he took chances and stretched the D.
But that opens up stuff underneath.

I hope we can keep Dino around for at least 3 more years.

3 more years of Devito slinging it around the field in this offense...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

But that opens up stuff underneath.
I liked his throws and agree it opens it up but I was worried he was trying to score to every play and not just go underneath.
DeVito was great in relief and I am sure he will get better.

TD didnt go thru progressions he just made better throws on his reads. thats why he threw a INT on a simple coverage. His accuracy is night and day, but there were a bunch of plays that Dungey made that TD never makes.

as much as people make it a QB thing its still a team game and the SR leader probably has the team still. But we dont go to 5 min to go before making the switch if it happens again.

With Tommy all the sudden our OL was better and our "playmakers" made plays. And that spark carried over to the defensive side of the ball...

On defense I did see some different LBs in during OT. Something to keep an eye on.

It's "all of a sudden" not "all the sudden." This is the grammar hill I will die on.
All of a sudden

Yeah we definitely should have 8 or 9 wins this year. Anyone who thinks we should just focus on 6 isn’t paying attention to the rest of the conference.

The rest of the conference? We barely beat one of the lowest teams in the conference in a down year for the conference. Umm...

I will lose a ton of faith in Dino if Dungey starts. It would be Shafer level incompetence. I won't believe it until I see it.

I respect Dungey as a guy who gave it all he had, but talent wins out at the end. Devito is the future, and the sooner he transitions to starter the better the program will be.

The rest of the conference? We barely beat one of the lowest teams in the conference in a down year for the conference. Umm...
We almost beat Clemson at Clemson.
This is a 8 win team.
North Carolina has talent. They have a coaching problem. They beat Pitt and almost beat Va. Tech.
This a game we should have won and did.

there were a bunch of plays that Dungey made that TD never makes.

And vice versa. The difference is, the plays TD made that ED didn't were game winning plays. ED made some great plays today, he also was throwing the ball all over the place. TD won the game. We've been watching great plays and record breaking offense for back to back 4 - 8 seasons. Winning matters at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom