Tommy has to start vs NC State. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy has to start vs NC State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And vice versa. The difference is, the plays TD made that ED didn't were game winning plays. ED made some great plays today, he also was throwing the ball all over the place. TD won the game. We've been watching great plays and record breaking offense for back to back 4 - 8 seasons. Winning matters at some point.

And we are 5-2. We don’t have 4 wins.

The rest of the conference? We barely beat one of the lowest teams in the conference in a down year for the conference. Umm...

Wake and Louisville are similar to UNC. Maybe worse. That would be 7 if we can get those.

Pull an upset from there?

* If we lost today I’d be trying to convince myself we weren’t going 4-8 again, now I’m talking myself into 8-4.

Devito was really throwing some good balls though. I’m giddy about that.

All the games left are winnable. Even notte Dame. We should go 3-2 minimum. You guys need to stop thinking about the past.

Umm, maybe take the tinted glasses off. We've won so little in the last 10+ years that some of you start predicting automatic wins over the rest of the schedule when we win one game.

We almost beat Clemson at Clemson.
This is a 8 win team.
North Carolina has talent. They have a coaching problem. They beat Pitt and almost beat Va. Tech.
This a game we should have won and did.

So will 7 wins mean you think DB did a poor job coaching this year?

Umm, maybe take the tinted glasses off. We've won so little in the last 10+ years that some of you start predicting automatic wins over the rest of the schedule when we win one game.

Well I think my opinion is a lot more accurate than yours. We lost two games at the buzzer and have 5 wins. There’s no reason we can’t win 8. We could have 7 right now had things bounced our way.

And we are 5-2. We don’t have 4 wins.

LOL, maybe read the whole thread. Your comment has nothing to do with my post. The post wasn't about wins, it was about who should start at QB, smh.

Well I think my opinion is a lot more accurate than yours. We lost two games at the buzzer and have 5 wins. There’s no reason we can’t win 8. We could have 7 right now had things bounced our way.

Or 4 wins, we could have easily lost today if UNC didn't call a bunch of dumb plays. Or had just kept running the ball late in the 3rd --> 4th quarter.

So will 7 wins mean you think DB did a poor job coaching this year?
If he makes a coaching mistake I will criticize it.
I don’t think 7-5 would be bad but I believe in Dino. I want 8-4 but can live with 7-5.
Dino has a plan and is actually increasing our talent. We have a HC to believe in now.

You said winning matters at some point. We are winning. Don’t act like we aren’t.

OK, how about this. Instead of reading the thread, maybe at least read that page where the quotes came from. Or if that's too much, read the original quote I was responding to. The posts had ZERO to do with our wins. It was about WHO STARTS AT QB

If he makes a coaching mistake I will criticize it.
I don’t think 7-5 would be good but I believe in Dino. I want 8-4 but can live with 7-5.
Dino has a plan and is actually increasing our talent. We have a HC to believe in now.

Ok. Which is no different than what I've said in the past. Except I'm not positive we are an 8 win team. So what? That's my opinion and our defense is getting pretty beat up, which was an issue last year + year before. I think we'll be better next year.

That’s not our fault. We won.

:confused: Maybe revisit this after the alcohol has worn off. No ____ we won.

You were arguing we could have 2 more wins. Based on your logic above, no we couldn't, we lost. :bat::bat::bat:

dunno about devito starting. i think dino goes with eric.
Yeah. I think it's obvious that Tommy is the guy, but I can't see Dino starting him next week. I think, if anything, Dungey will just get a much shorter leash next week.

:confused: Maybe revisit this after the alcohol has worn off. No ____ we won.

You were arguing we could have 2 more wins. Based on your logic above, no we couldn't, we lost. :bat::bat::bat:

Haven’t been drinking guy. I’ve read the entire thread.

I’m sick of our fans thinking small. It’s like people want to be pessimistic here because that’s all their used to.

Haven’t been drinking guy. I’ve read the entire thread.

I’m sick of our fans thinking small. It’s like people want to be pessimistic here because that’s all their used to.

What are you talking about? I'm being pessimistic because I"m not sure we're an 8 win team yet. I'm concerned about our defense and how beat up we're starting to look at the same time it's hurt us in the past. That's not rational? That's pessimistic? Seriously. I had season tickets during Grob so don't tell me about being pessimistic just because I'm a little unsure where the team is at. Who cares, that's my opinion based on evidence, not some beat me down type attitude. Take a break.

I will lose a ton of faith in Dino if Dungey starts. It would be Shafer level incompetence. I won't believe it until I see it.

I respect Dungey as a guy who gave it all he had, but talent wins out at the end. Devito is the future, and the sooner he transitions to starter the better the program will be.

It would be a disgrace and slap in the face to everyone involved if he starts/gets the bulk of the snaps vs NC State and I didn't want a change until that fumble/pass since it was a 1 score game and I love Dungey.

We smoke Pitt if we make the change last week.

Yes, Eric played poorly enough vs UNC to 'lose' the job that is reality.

And yes Devito made phenomenal throws some NFL QBs might not be able to make and looked good enough to replace and established guy.

I don't even think it would be fair to Dungey who is not fully healthy thats a tough spot to come into and one where you are bound to fail because he simply can't make some of the throws Devito does just like Devito can't drop kick linebackers (we haven't seen anything like that bar early in the WMU game from Dungey this year hes still effective running but hes nowhere near as dynamic.)

You lose the team if you don't reward performance.

Devito shouldn't have much of a leash or job security off the small sample size at this point. Dungey can likely grind out a close game in relief if he is forced into action due to injury or performance. And I expect him to do well if we use him in certain run packages or give him a couple series each half.

I don't see anything different right now between our QB situation and Alabamas. If you want Dungey to start I'd expect you to think Hurts should still be Bama QB since hes older.

Yeah. I think it's obvious that Tommy is the guy, but I can't see Dino starting him next week. I think, if anything, Dungey will just get a much shorter leash next week.

I don’t get this logic at all based on what I’ve seen. Play to win. U don’t placate a veteran. Belichick would start devito and wouldn’t give sentiment one thought. If he did Bledsoe would have kept his job in 2001.

What are you talking about? I'm being pessimistic because I"m not sure we're an 8 win team yet. I'm concerned about our defense and how beat up we're starting to look at the same time it's hurt us in the past. That's not rational? That's pessimistic? Seriously. I had season tickets during Grob so don't tell me about being pessimistic just because I'm a little unsure where the team is at. Who cares, that's my opinion based on evidence, not some beat me down type attitude. Take a break.

I’m fine. I believe we are an 8 win team. If you disagree that’s you. People don’t need to tell others to think small.

I don’t get this logic at all based on what I’ve seen. Play to win. U don’t placate a veteran. Belichick would start devito and wouldn’t give sentiment one thought. If he did Bledsoe would have kept his job in 2001.
I don't disagree. Coaches don't think like fans. I'll be shocked if he starts Tommy.

I’m fine. I believe we are an 8 win team. If you disagree that’s you. People don’t need to tell others to think small.

I wasn't telling you to think small or crapping on our win necessarily. I was only pointing out that for a team the board thought we should have handled easily it was a very close game. Awesome, stressful game but super close. I just don't know how the rest of the season plays out but I'm not being debbie downer to be debbie downer. I think we're close to an 8 win team. ED throwing the way he has has me concerned and the defense. I'm exited to see how this plays out and in the years to come.

You’re tearing this family apart! Play nice boys and girls, we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom