Tonight is a win-win... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tonight is a win-win...

Scotch said:
Agree, but I'm having a hard time doing it...

No one said it would be easy. I'm taking a shower at halftime.

Perfect scenario is this

Duke beats pitt
Su beats wake
Su beats duke
Virginia beats pitt

Definitely the best outcome for us. With the first two secured, Sat. night will be at max. intensity.

GOOOOO DOOOOKIES!!!! Up at the half.

hood is really good.

im a poet and i dont even know it.

I've been saying all long that I am more concerned about Rodney Hood than Jabari but Jabari is all over it tonight.

Im not sure I like the majority logic. If Duke can win AT Pitt, by that logic they should be able to win at the Dome. I can get away without rooting for them by using the logic that I'd rather see them knocked out of the race by 2 former Big East teams and only have only one other horse to worry about in this race. I dont want any chance of Duke winning the ACC this season.

CaptainJ said:
Im not sure I like the majority logic. If Duke can win AT Pitt, by that logic they should be able to win at the Dome. I can get away without rooting for them by using the logic that I'd rather see them knocked out of the race by 2 former Big East teams and only have only one other horse to worry about in this race. I dont want any chance of Duke winning the ACC this season.

Plus we've already beaten Pitt once. You could realistically argue both sides of the argument.

i'm thinking that another duke loss tonite is a solid knockout punch to any chance they have at a #1 seed.
even if they sweep us. that would leave just us and pitt at the table and we already hold the better hand.

Or it could be that Pitts not that good, they just play is tough like always, and duke us good but will still lose at the dome.

Could be.

Last edited:
No way we should want to go into the Petersen Events Center in less than two weeks and Pitt still undefeated there. Good for TV ratings, but bad for our winning chances.

This is basically Pitts third legitimate game this year, and it looks like they will have dropped all 3.

Let's not give Pitt too much credit just yet.

Duke looks better on the glass unfortunately. Anybody is going to look good shooting over 50 pct from 3

I hope we can prevent these offensive rebounds by Duke on Saturday or it could be trouble.

with 5min to go, Duke is laying it on thick...and Pitt is falling apart.

If Duke shoots 3's like this against us, it could be a long day.

Duke gets a lot of 3s off picks for cutters against mtm. Against zone they will have more difficulty. 12-24 from 3 though...

44PRIDE said:
with 5min to go, Duke is laying it on thick...and Pitt is falling apart.

If Duke shoots 3's like this against us, it could be a long day.

We're used to hot shooting teams. Duke is playing well but i'm shocked how poorly Pitt is playing on both ends.

Pitt was dead in the water vs us and then hit 3 3s.. not surprised. I fear we will have wished pitt won as they will lose more games going forward and Duke looks like a different team.

Pitt was dead in the water vs us and then hit 3 3s.. not surprised. I fear we will have wished pitt won as they will lose more games going forward and Duke looks like a different team.
Pitt may not lose a lot more. The ACC is just really weak.

Duke was much the better team. They moved the ball brilliantly, played great defense and did not get killed on the boards- they did the killing, especially in the second half. They were talking about the easy schedule Duke had after us. There is no way Pitt was going to finsih ahead of that team in the standings. The Devils will be a huge challenge this Saturdays. After mopping the floor with Pitt at the Pete, they certainly won't be intimidated by the Dome.

Not a good night from our point of view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom