Top Gun: Maverick | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Top Gun: Maverick

Realistically, no.

Usually you retire after a 30 year career. Assuming he was flying F14's in his mid-20's, he wouldn't still be in the Navy at 60.

However we don't know how much time has elapsed between the end of the 1st movie and this one.

We know that Iceman made Admiral, and he specifically requested Maverick to be read in for this mission. Assuming that they were close in age, they must both be close to the end of their careers.

Of course Maverick being Maverick, I'm surprised that he lasted close to 30 years without getting tossed out for buzzing the tower or making high speed passes over some admiral's daughter/granddaughter.
Whisper. Penny Benjamin

Nothing but raves that I have seen.

Going to the 2PM show at the movie tavern.

No spoilers !!

Although I have a pretty good idea how the movie goes.

it will be interesting to see just because it was almost all filmed without CGI and using in plane cameras for many things.. i imagine the IMAX versions is gonna be pretty cool to watch,

that was so solid.. My kid was home for the weekend and has never seen the original.. But i talked her into going and she loved it.. Did the first one proud.. the flying scenes were awesome

It was awesome. Like mother--hair on fire awesome.

Haven't seen so many middle aged men cry since the last time I saw Bruce sing Thunder Road.
Yep. No comment on that tear thing. Just ridiculous how good this was. My nephew saw it IMAX format and can’t stop talking about the experience. That’s next.

As for the tear thing Speaking of just today almost went there listening to the top 100 all Time Bruce songs on E Street radio today. Born to run number two, not Surprisingly Thunder Rd., #1.

Saw it in IMAX. It’s just awesome. Yeah dudes were in tears. Not me thought ! Ha

I’d switch those two but I get the logic.

I was surprised at the number of extended families I saw.. I know I was there with my 25ish kid who loved it.. But standing around it was much the same.. 50ish parents and 20-30 yr olds together.. you dont see that often anymore for any movies.

Yep. No comment on that tear thing. Just ridiculous how good this was. My nephew saw it IMAX format and can’t stop talking about the experience. That’s next.

As for the tear thing Speaking of just today almost went there listening to the top 100 all Time Bruce songs on E Street radio today. Born to run number two, not Surprisingly Thunder Rd., #1.
Thunder Road with the best lyric of all time. “You ain’t a beauty, but hey, you’re alright.”

And echo the praise for Top Gun. Easily the best movie I have seen since the pandemic kicked in.

its the movie the explains why we go see these things in a theater.. Seeing these movies with decent crowds is so much fun.

of the movies I have seen in the theater since Jan

Moonfall was the best movie
Top gun was the most fun.

A bunch of others were pretty solid as well

Just saw it today. Very good. A lot of fun, just the right amount of parallels, and glad to see some old faces get some time. Connelly has aged perfectly, hot damn.

The best thing about the film was the way it was filmed “looked” exactly like the original.

Bravo!!!

Saw it yesterday. I guess I’m once again the oddball. I found it a bit boring in the first third. And it just never found the exuberance of the original. Maverick himself is kinda still Mav but all the new pilots are pretty much just extras with no personality and don’t generate much interest. The flying scenes were cool but not better than the flying scenes in the first movie. Probably give it a 2.5 out of 5 star rating.

Saw it yesterday. I guess I’m once again the oddball. I found it a bit boring in the first third. And it just never found the exuberance of the original. Maverick himself is kinda still Mav but all the new pilots are pretty much just extras with no personality and don’t generate much interest. The flying scenes were cool but not better than the flying scenes in the first movie. Probably give it a 2.5 out of 5 star rating.
yup, you are pretty much like the 5 on Rotten who didnt like it out of the 1000 who reviewed it..

Now to be clear I am not saying I disliked it. It was just very flat to me. The original just had something special that makes it impossible to live up to I think.

Saw it last night, and loved it.

I would love to see it again, but I may have to go solo. My wife said she probably couldn't watch it again because the air scenes were so intense her legs were shaking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom