Top Gun: Maverick | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Top Gun: Maverick

The second Dumb and Dumber is souring me. Just so bad.

On the positive side, they managed to revitalize Rocky. Rocky Balboa was solid and Creed was fantastic.

So...maybe?

I wanted Bad Boys 3 for years, but I’m iffy on that one now too.
Rocky's amazing.

I kinda love these stories that span decades and pick up way later in life for a character. It's cool.

The second Dumb and Dumber is souring me. Just so bad.

On the positive side, they managed to revitalize Rocky. Rocky Balboa was solid and Creed was fantastic.

So...maybe?

I wanted Bad Boys 3 for years, but I’m iffy on that one now too.
Anchorman 2 and Dumb and Dumber 2 were movies that the originals were classic A+ movies and the sequels were utter garbage that ruined the legacy of the movie.

I was worried Top Gun 2 was going to suck and didn’t want it to be made. As the first movie was so iconic and my personal favorite movie as a child. With that said the trailer looked really solid and has me excited for the movie. I said if I were writing the movie I would have made the movie a prequel to the original and made the story about Pete Mitchell’s dad and his story and how he eventually died. Which was a big part of Maverick’s story in the original.

Now this story about how UAVs have become the norm for the military and dog fighting pilots have become phased out is really interesting.

Anchorman 2 and Dumb and Dumber 2 were movies that the originals were classic A+ movies and the sequels were utter garbage that ruined the legacy of the movie.

I was worried Top Gun 2 was going to suck and didn’t want it to be made. As the first movie was so iconic and my personal favorite movie as a child. With that said the trailer looked really solid and has me excited for the movie. I said if I were writing the movie I would have made the movie a prequel to the original and made the story about Pete Mitchell’s dad and his story and how he eventually died. Which was a big part of Maverick’s story in the original.

Now this story about how UAVs have become the norm for the military and dog fighting pilots have become phased out is really interesting.
They could still do a prequel.

I hate rushed out sequels.

If they have a plan, like Star Wars or the Nolan/Bale Batman’s then fine, but too often a sequel is a money grab.

I’d be willing to bet Cruise doesn’t need the coin.

At this point you can almost write whatever story you want, make it good, and put him in it as ‘Maverick’.

The fact that they can use the canvas of 30 years opens up a lot.

Oh, and nobody in 1986 knew what a cheesy movie was, nobody.

They all were cheesy, some a lot more than others.

Top Gun was flat out cool.

How did y’all feel about the Blade Runner sequel?

It'll be interesting how they deal with Kelly McGillis and her character?

This is the greatest fighter pilot of all time and he flew for the enemy
Robin-Olds.jpg

Last edited:
Just praying for a Days of Thunder sequel now. Was my preferred Cruise/Scott/Bruckheimer childhood flick. Its definitely super cheesy but wonderful.

Do the modern jets the Navy fighter pilots fly not have RIOs in them?
I think I noticed watching this like 100 times was that Maverick didn’t have anyone else in Jet it appeared.

Is that post-F 14 Tomcat?

Do the modern jets the Navy fighter pilots fly not have RIOs in them?
I think I noticed watching this like 100 times was that Maverick didn’t have anyone else in Jet it appeared.

Is that post-F 14 Tomcat?

F14 hasn't flown in years.

It's all F18C/D Hornet and F18E/F Super Hornet now.

The D and F models are tandem seat versions with a RIO.

F14 hasn't flown in years.

It's all F18C/D Hornet and F18E/F Super Hornet now.

The D and F models are tandem seat versions with a RIO.

that is a bad ass looking plane.

honestly who watched that movie and the mcgillis scenes are what they reminisce about. even the scenes she is in she was overshadowed.

34 years later, I don’t really care about any character other than Maverick.

If they rushed out a crappy Iceman movie in 1988, I likely would’ve seen it, but time is our friend here.

34 years later, I don’t really care about any character other than Maverick.

If they rushed out a crappy Iceman movie in 1988, I likely would’ve seen it, but time is our friend here.

Viper is a badass.

Budget cuts in the modern military have seriously impacted how frequently they have dressed to kill astrophysicists briefing fighter pilots on dog fighting techniques. Probably we’re likely to see kill ratios down to 3 - 1 over the next decade!

Budget cuts in the modern military have seriously impacted how frequently they have dressed to kill astrophysicists briefing fighter pilots on dog fighting techniques. Probably we’re likely to see kill ratios down to 3 - 1 over the next decade!
no doubt the super hottie scientific division is writing checks their asses can't cash. they need to streamline those loving feelings and invert their fiscal outlook. and this has to happen quickly.
i feel the need ....for speed.

Last edited:
All I know is chicks dig guys in flight suits...well when they aren't swooning over us playing shirtless volleyball.

I loved that I spent only about 10% of my time in the USAF wearing something other than a flight suit to work. More than one person called it my playsuit and asked what I was going to do when I grew up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom