Top Gun: Maverick | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Top Gun: Maverick

Finally saw the movie last night:

1. TOPGUN hasn't been in San Diego since 1996. It's currently located at NAS Fallon, Nevada. But you can't play beach football without a beach, can you.

2. When Ed Harris was talking about pilots becoming obsolete, he was giving off a creepy Westworld vibe.

3. At the end of the movie when Maverick/Rooster were dogfighting the last enemy fighter, I was half expecting Maverick to "hit the brakes" and let the other guy fly by before shooting him down.

4. If the movie seemed familiar, it was. They took the best parts of 633 Squadron, The Bridges at Toko-Ri, Flight of the Intruder, Iron Eagle 2, and Star Wars IV.

Finally saw the movie last night:

1. TOPGUN hasn't been in San Diego since 1996. It's currently located at NAS Fallon, Nevada. But you can't play beach football without a beach, can you.

2. When Ed Harris was talking about pilots becoming obsolete, he was giving off a creepy Westworld vibe.

3. At the end of the movie when Maverick/Rooster were dogfighting the last enemy fighter, I was half expecting Maverick to "hit the brakes" and let the other guy fly by before shooting him down.

4. If the movie seemed familiar, it was. They took the best parts of 633 Squadron, The Bridges at Toko-Ri, Flight of the Intruder, Iron Eagle 2, and Star Wars IV.

Funny. For item #3, the actual “hit the brakes and fly right by” move is called the Cobra Maneuver. The SU-57 he was fighting against can actually perform the move, but neither the F-14 or the F-18 can so they were at least smart enough to not have him do that! Lol

I’ve been getting the same “what??? You haven’t seen it yet??? What is WRONG with you??!!” energy from people that I got when Titanic came out.

My stubborn streak is only growing stronger, and a few more comments may get me to skip this one permanently.(like I did Titanic)

I’ve been getting the same “what??? You haven’t seen it yet??? What is WRONG with you??!!” energy from people that I got when Titanic came out.

My stubborn streak is only growing stronger, and a few more comments may get me to skip this one permanently.(like I did Titanic)
You still haven’t seen it?

Draw me like your French girls and don't go below the hard deck.

I’m trying to understand what has people so flipped out about the movie. It’s good enough but it ain’t gonna change your life or anything. I’ve even watched a couple reactions to it and as best I can tell it’s mostly wowing people who didn’t know there were g-forces involved in flying combat jets or that flares exist to spoof heat seeking missiles.

I’m trying to understand what has people so flipped out about the movie. It’s good enough but it ain’t gonna change your life or anything. I’ve even watched a couple reactions to it and as best I can tell it’s mostly wowing people who didn’t know there were g-forces involved in flying combat jets or that flares exist to spoof heat seeking missiles.
Its a tasteful revamping of a very popular movie that helps multiple generations bond. Not to mention its well done and entertaining.

A grandfather, father and son could all go and be completely on the same page

The calice of stubbornness.

Really easy to watch, and a little emotional investment in the characters and story goes a long way and gets paid off.

I'm not sure about the people that say it's in their top five or anything, but I can see why people feel it's a really good movie.

Really easy to watch, and a little emotional investment in the characters and story goes a long way and gets paid off.

I'm not sure about the people that say it's in their top five or anything, but I can see why people feel it's a really good movie.
Seems like the kindve movie that would be better in the theater, so maybe I’ll try to catch it on a rainy day if it’s still in theaters.

Seems like the kindve movie that would be better in the theater, so maybe I’ll try to catch it on a rainy day if it’s still in theaters.
100%

Felt my legs shake in RPX/IMAX.

If anything it makes you realize how far movie theaters have come

For whatever reason, the Japanese Defense Force painted one of their US purchased F-15J planes up like the F-18’s from the movie. Right down to the Pete Mitchell pilot name plate and 3 “MiG-28” kill symbols. We live in a nutty world.

Just finished it and omg. This takes place as my favorite movie of 2022. Overtakes Black Phone.

Awesome movie.

Soundtrack/score insane.

I watched it while on a plane, while Tom Cruise was flying a plane. Sometimes you just have to close your eyes and pretend you are his wingman.

That's a negative, Ghost Rider.

200.gif

You folks want to call names and discuss stuff that is reserved for the OT board? Then do it there.

Not here.

As you were.

That's a negative, Ghost Rider.

200.gif

You folks want to call names and discuss stuff that is reserved for the OT board? Then do it there.

Not here.

As you were.
There’s still an OT board? Hmm didn’t know that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom