Tracking the Bracket Matrix throughout the Regular Season | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Tracking the Bracket Matrix throughout the Regular Season

Oklahoma has to be worst defensive team in country

Terrible. Never seen so many open 3’s. And yes they played some zone too.

Some of the passes Trae Young made were incredible. He’s gotta do everything for them to have a chance.

In a coin-flip situation, go with the team we beat on the road; as opposed to the team we lost to at home.

My view is that whether Miami is a 9 seed or the first 4 out, the road win will be measured the exact same by the committee especially with the extended metrics.

So to me, go with the team that will only get a Quad One Win. Miami got a Quad 2 Win tonight. (I think, didn't confirm Notre Dame was top 75 RPI)

My view is that whether Miami is a 9 seed or the first 4 out, the road win will be measured the exact same by the committee especially with the extended metrics.

So to me, go with the team that will only get a Quad One Win. Miami got a Quad 2 Win tonight. (I think, didn't confirm Notre Dame was top 75 RPI)
not sure I follow...

Personally I think:

ND winning at SU
SU winning at Miami
Miami winning at ND

is better than:

ND winning at SU
SU winning at Miami
Miami losing at ND

That's why I was rooting for the Canes, it just looks better for SU to me. I have no idea if it actually IS better for us, I'm just giving my opinion.

This is going to be a major issue on selection sunday, I think. I'm speaking from a macro POV, not necessarily for Cuse. But someone is going to make it because they have X quad one wins and another team has X-1 or something, and there's going to be no correcting for the strength of those wins.

(though you might be able to convince me that it'd be better for NC st to trounce BC)

I meant to say Miami got a Quad One Win tonight (Notre Dame would have got a Quad Two).

Miami is meh at best. I don’t give a damn what their numbers are. They will squeak into the Tourney barring an end of season collapse here. They struggled all game with ND who was missing Pflueger as well.

Last edited:
A&M losing, but is Mississippi State really a threat to make the tourney?
well, they're sort of one of those teams on the periphery - currently on only 1 bracket in the matrix but I think most regard them as a "keep an eye on" team - this win tonight will put them right in that group of next _ out

Yeah, there goes a Q1 win if they go down.
have to think they won't sniff the top 30 again now...
good thing we have at least 3 more opps for other q1 wins

Buffalo's RPI is now 38. Syracuse now 2-5 vs. Q1. Two Q1 wins will not be enough. Syracuse has some winning to do.

Just heard on the telecast the SEC has the most Quadrant 1/2 wins of any conference.

Just heard on the telecast the SEC has the most Quadrant 1/2 wins of any conference.

Big 12 would be number #1 on an average basis.

The SEC did well out of conference, and now it pays off for them. Are they really good, or just a function of the RPI like the Pac-12 in 2016?

The Buffalo win would have likely never been viewed as a top class win anyway.

For the last few teams on the bubble they really dig deep into the individual wins. A Buffalo win would have helped if we were a middle seed and they don't really dig beyond the standard metrics. Middle seeds are largely a computer process, where a small random group is provided with metrics, and individual members rank them... and this process is repeated over and over until a ranking is generated.

They don't spend much time on the middle lines, but when it comes down to the last few spots it's a much more critical view of the results.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom