Traditional Transfer | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Traditional Transfer

Agreed, but the tricky part is:

- if Hop is super successful at UW, he’ll be harder to pull away and if he does leave, the money will be bigger
- if Hop struggles at UW, he becomes less appealing even with the family ties, even if he comes cheaper
most coaches won’t turn down their alma mater if that school is a top 10-15 national program like Cuse with copious resources, the best b-ball conference, and a fertile recruiting area.

do we hold off on our big recruiting and wait and see who transfers from Louisville and Kansas :p :p :p Sounds like the hammer is going to drop.

do we hold off on our big recruiting and wait and see who transfers from Louisville and Kansas :p :p :p Sounds like the hammer is going to drop.

if Vitale's tweet is to be believed and interpreted - sounds like it would be two additional programs to L'vlle and Kansas, since we already know the KU/UoL "allegations" and "violations", just awaiting word on what their punishment will be

if Vitale's tweet is to be believed and interpreted - sounds like it would be two additional programs to L'vlle and Kansas, since we already know the KU/UoL "allegations" and "violations", just awaiting word on what their punishment will be
It better be fricken Arizona and LSU. (LSU did just land 7fter from Putnam that took Frank's spot lmao ;) )

idk what position and idc to find the grad transfer
I'll save you the trouble because I'm sure it would be said sometime or another. Hes from stony brook so hes too small time for us to look at. ;) but hes a 6'5 forward so that's a no go.

Dude I was using sarcasm bro! I'm on your side! Lol
Hence why I said not being a ass. I truly just wanted to know. I can’t think of any besides G. But I’m only 24. So I’m sure the veterans that fought in WW2 will be pissed I can’t think of some dude that played in the 50’s.

not being a ass... but what transfers came from bigger schools? Mike G..?
Not being a jerk either, but it's an interesting question. Here are some others that I can think of:

- Leo Rautins - Minnesota (B1G all-frosh team) - SU in 1980
- LeRon Ellis - Kentucky -> SU in 1989
- Ryan Blackwell - Illinois (when they were good) -> SU in 1996

I know, I know - you weren't even born yet when they transferred ;)

(fixed - I may be dyslexic!)

Last edited:
Not being a jerk either, but it's an interesting question. Here are some others that I can think of:

- Ryan Blackwell - Illinois (when they were good) -> SU in 1980
- Leo Rautins - Minnesota (B1G all-frosh team) - SU in 1996

Rautins 1980 and Blackwell 1996

Hence why I said not being a ass. I truly just wanted to know. I can’t think of any besides G. But I’m only 24. So I’m sure the veterans that fought in WW2 will be pissed I can’t think of some dude that played in the 50’s.
Off the top of my head I can only think of wes and G as the last transfers to come from legitimate programs. I guess ECU isnt complete garbage so theres Eli but so many people frowned upon us taking a transfer from ECU. There are so many good basketball players at small time schools that can produce at big time programs if given the opportunity. The transfer situation has changed so much the past few years and your starting to see plenty of big time programs scoop us the top talent at the smaller schools that end up transfering out. It's becoming pretty normal now.

Off the top of my head I can only think of wes and G as the last transfers to come from legitimate programs. I guess ECU isnt complete garbage so theres Eli but so many people frowned upon us taking a transfer from ECU. There are so many good basketball players at small time schools that can produce at big time programs if given the opportunity. The transfer situation has changed so much the past few years and your starting to see plenty of big time programs scoop us the top talent at the smaller schools that end up transfering out. It's becoming pretty normal now.
The biggest difference between the high majors and the smaller schools are the bigs, the guards (1-3) at many small schools can play anywhere.

- Leo Rautins - Minnesota (B1G all-frosh team) - SU in 1980
- Ryan Blackwell - Illinois (when they were good) -> SU in 1996

(fixed - I may be dyslexic!)
Depends on when Blackwell transferred!

Are we courting Grad transfers? I put them is a different category.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom