Traditional Transfer | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Traditional Transfer

I'd back up the brinks truck for Beard to replace JB when he hangs it up. I think long term he ends up a Texas.

I'd back up the brinks truck for Beard to replace JB when he hangs it up. I think long term he ends up a Texas.
Guy has been a heck of a coach and has really been building that program. Hell of a recruiter too and only cares about building the best roster possible every single year. Definitely would take a good hard look at him when the time comes.

He's from The Woodlands, TX (where I currently live) and he's a UT grad - I would be absolutely shocked if he ended up at Syracuse. I think if he decides to move on from Lubbock, he's bound for either Texas or the NBA... but not upstate New York.

I think our focus is going to be on an up and coming head coach out of Washington. Had a rough season this year but the guy can fly out recruit. I hear he has ties to CNY too
Why anyone tries to debate this...is just comical. He’s the first call. He may have had a rough season but JW sees the recruits he’s pulling regardless if they were UW locks or not

Am I crazy to think this kid could blow up as an upperclassman a la Elijah Hughes?
Great size and length and made 33 threes last season. Could end up being a real nice player.

Why anyone tries to debate this...is just comical. He’s the first call. He may have had a rough season but JW sees the recruits he’s pulling regardless if they were UW locks or not
Agreed, but the tricky part is:

- if Hop is super successful at UW, he’ll be harder to pull away and if he does leave, the money will be bigger
- if Hop struggles at UW, he becomes less appealing even with the family ties, even if he comes cheaper

Idk why we don't pursue the traditional transfer or Grad Transfer route more than we do. We traditionally haven't taken many transfers overall but the only one that didn't work out was Geno Thorpe.

Dont want to send this off the rails so I apologize for sharing but thought it was interesting seeing as though we were just discussing this.

Over/under this guy hits the portal seeing as though he was thinking of going NBA route before deciding to come back...now who knows what Will happen.
Screenshot_20200505-003521_Chrome.jpg

Could be a while before they appear before the committee on infractions and then could be another while until any sanctions are announced and effective

Could actually be about 2 seasons. I seem to recall USC football, UNC bball, those took a long time. Even the stuff at Cuse didn't happen immediately, it can be long and drawn out.

Could be a while before they appear before the committee on infractions and then could be another while until any sanctions are announced and effective

Could actually be about 2 seasons. I seem to recall USC football, UNC bball, those took a long time. Even the stuff at Cuse didn't happen immediately, it can be long and drawn out.

How long did the NCAA investigate SU about a term paper, a drug test and a couple players getting paid to ref at the YMCA?

How long did the NCAA investigate SU about a term paper, a drug test and a couple players getting paid to ref at the YMCA?

I think the entire ordeal lasted about 5-7 years. We were already under investigation when the Fab stuff was found. That just escalated it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom