Tranghese Meltdown | Syracusefan.com

Tranghese Meltdown

44PRIDE

All Conference
Pulled this off the Rutgers forums. Gives a bit of clarity as to what the Providence Mafia really thought of Big East football schools...

Tranghese - "Why would #ESPN give the #ACC more money over the addition of #Pitt and #Syracuse football?"

Tranghese "You only add people when they add value. This is a good deal for #Pitt and #Syracuse, but not for #Duke or #NorthCarolina."

Tranghese "The #BigTen came to the conclusion that adding #UConn, #Syracuse or #Rutgers was not going to deliver the New York market."

Tranghese - "I can say this [about #ACC] because I don't give a damn any more - we kicked their butt in basketball for the past ten years."

Said the thought of #ACC Tournament at MSG makes him "want to puke."

Tranghese "the #ACC wanted to get better in football so they added #Pitt and #Syracuse. It is illogical"

Mike Tranghese "[#Bigeast football schools] always complained about wanting more, but they never beat anyone. You can't have it both ways"

Ladies and gentleman, this is why the BE couldn't succeed... This is what the Providence mafia thought about football...

Tranghese is showing his disgust for the ACC. They boofed him three times and he can't stand it. They stuck their noses up to his 1998 deal to off load the football part of the conference to them, then Swofford made a spectacle of his power over MT in 2004, and now Swofford outsmarted Providence again.

After hearing those remarks, I bet SU is glad they left...and those footballers left behind are quaking in their boots.

Pulled this off the Rutgers forums. Gives a bit of clarity as to what the Providence Mafia really thought of Big East football schools...

Tranghese - "Why would #ESPN give the #ACC more money over the addition of #Pitt and #Syracuse football?"

Tranghese "You only add people when they add value. This is a good deal for #Pitt and #Syracuse, but not for #Duke or #NorthCarolina."

Tranghese "The #BigTen came to the conclusion that adding #UConn, #Syracuse or #Rutgers was not going to deliver the New York market."

Tranghese - "I can say this [about #ACC] because I don't give a damn any more - we kicked their butt in basketball for the past ten years."

Tranghese "the #ACC wanted to get better in football so they added #Pitt and #Syracuse. It is illogical"

Mike Tranghese "[#Bigeast football schools] always complained about wanting more, but they never beat anyone. You can't have it both ways"

The weird part is I can't really disagree with any of those statements.

Cheers,
Neil

Ladies and gentleman, this is why the BE couldn't succeed... This is what the Providence mafia thought about football...
He's right about one thing: The Big East hasn't really beaten anyone in football.

44cuse

Cheers,
Neil
---------------

The ACC "444" conference committee apparently have been considering their options for quite some time. I believe they made a bold and excellent choice to become a true north-south Atlantic Coast Conference.

I also believe the Big 10 didn't expand east because of
1) their midwest identity
2) primary desire to add Nebraska as team 12 for a play off game
3) lack of consensus to add 2 additional northeast teams
4) assuming they could control the pace of any further expansion and wanting to keep their options for a possible future UT or ND add.

Finally, Tranghese comments don't reflect well on his character or leadership skills:

"I can say this [about #ACC] because I don't give a damn any more - we kicked their butt in basketball for the past ten years."

These comments are worthy of someone in grade 2.

His comments show that the Big East was doomed because its leadership (MT) had no strategic vision and he still doesn't get it. The game was to dominate all the markets on the Atlantic Coast from Mass to Florida. He still views things through the prism of the needs of the small Catholic basketball schools and doesn't get the big picture.

boy mike t. is truly an ostrich, denial denial, rationaliztions for no vision and inaction. simply amazing but more sad, that he was a commisioner.

another guy who can't see the world is changing and if you don't move you won't be around. He probably thinks this "google" thing is a fad and these "ipads" will go the way of the 8-track

I am so glad we are finally out of this f***** up conference...

Tranghese is a moron of epic proportions. The moves, in a vacuum, are illogical from ESPN paying ACC more money. But I suspect Pitt and Syracuse are ultimately the rock and roll music that will lure out Manuel Noriega from his house (Noriega being ND). This was a calculated play and the timing is the thing that has me interested. It all plays out so ND finds its way to the ACC.

5d8d2f.jpg

Cheers,
Neil

In the last 10 years the ACC won 5 NCAA tournaments. He's proud because he sticks 16 schools together to get a whole bunch of bids in March.

When I coach CYO ball this winter, I expect to see him and Marinetto on the other team's bench. Where they belong.

He's right about one thing: The Big East hasn't really beaten anyone in football.

44cuse
Except Notre Dame, Georgia, Oklahoma, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Kansas (when they were #13), Auburn, North Carolina, Colorado, Wake Forest, Kansas State, Northwestern, Miss St, Georgia Tech, South Carolina, Illinois, Oregon St, NC State. Not saying those are all big time wins, but let's not act like we haven't beaten anyone.

Except Notre Dame, Georgia, Oklahoma, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Kansas (when they were #13), Auburn, North Carolina, Colorado, Wake Forest, Kansas State, Northwestern, Miss St, Georgia Tech, South Carolina, Illinois, Oregon St, NC State. Not saying those are all big time wins, but let's not act like we haven't beaten anyone.

I recall Big East teams beating amazing Miami teams, but I guess that doesn't count because they were in the conference and thus weak in Tranghese's eyes.

Cheers,
Neil
The short-term dollar value of SU and Pitt to the ACC is that their addition allows the league to re-open negotiations with ESPN (and others?). It is clear now that the ACC was low-balled when they signed their TV contract. This gives them the opportunity to rectify that.

So if we are of so little value, then why bother getting hot and bothered by it.

What a , another reason to be glad we're leaving that shitshow behind.

Tranghese was the one who presided over the start of this mess. I don't blame him for lashing out, he helped destroy what his mentor built up. And his successor presided over what's going to be the official end of it.

Instead of looking at what they could have done differently, it's everyone else's fault. Their greed, their decisions that are bad. Blaming the Big East football teams for not being good enough. They were good enough for someone else to want them.

Glad you got it all of your chest. Now spend some time looking in the mirror. Swofford vs these guys has been quite the mismatch. Even igor can't make an argument for equal talent.

Tranghese ends it by saying he's agreed to help Providence through this, as that was Gavitt's school. Not to be morbid, but it's fitting.

I recall Big East teams beating amazing Miami teams, but I guess that doesn't count because they were in the conference and thus weak in Tranghese's eyes.
The Miami wins that I'm counting were when Miami was in the ACC. Those wins that I listed are only in the last 5 years.

I suspect the death of his best friend played a part in this rambling mess. Still, this in no way diminishes the role he played in the destruction of the BE.

Did he actually tweet that? Or was it someone transcribing his appearance on WFAN?

Because it's hard to imagine he's on Twitter AND using hashtags like that!

Liar liar pants on fire.

From an interview with Brian Bennet on Sept. 9, 2008:

"Two of our old-guard schools, Pitt and Syracuse, it's very, very important to us to have those schools playing at a high level. Now Pitt, I think, took a big step forward last year when they beat West Virginia at West Virginia, and we're hopeful that Syracuse will be able to take that kind of step shortly."

Douchebag.

Did he actually tweet that? Or was it someone transcribing his appearance on WFAN?

Because it's hard to imagine he's on Twitter AND using hashtags like that!

It's transcript from WFAN, I just listened to it. But someone hashtagged the transcript.

By the way, has the term hashtagged been patented yet, like teabagged? Because if not, it will be soon. "Hashtagged? Yeah here's what you do, you take your... and make this tic tac toe board on her..." Well, you know.