Transfer Market | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Market

He can come to Liverpool for 10m and start if you'd let him.

I love Cech, but he has been slipping a bit. I know, he only gave up 25 goals last year, how can I say that? Well, he doesn't get down quite as quickly as he used to. I understand he has some back problems, although the club hierarchy was pissed when Courtois let that slip in an interview a year ago.

I love Cech, but he has been slipping a bit. I know, he only gave up 25 goals last year, how can I say that? Well, he doesn't get down quite as quickly as he used to. I understand he has some back problems, although the club hierarchy was pissed when Courtois let that slip in an interview a year ago.

Back problems or not, I'd take him for a 2 year contract and he can teach Mignolet to take charge in the box.

Back problems or not, I'd take him for a 2 year contract and he can teach Mignolet to take charge in the box.

Yes, Cech excels in the air and in distribution, and he has a hell of a foot when you need to boot a long one. These days, though, he can be beat low, even at the near post.

Yes, Cech excels in the air and in distribution, and he has a hell of a foot when you need to boot a long one. These days, though, he can be beat low, even at the near post.

Fair enough but the only thing Mignolet MIGHt have on him at this point is pure shot stopping ability. All the other aspects Cech >>> Migs. Set pieces were a nightmare last year for us and that can be the case for a lot of young keepers.

Time for a fire sale - Spurs have 7 more players than are permitted for the roster. Among those who may be for sale include Andros Townsend, Roberto Soldado and Sandro. Soldado was very good in Spain. A move to Italy would probably suit him well.

Likewise, United have 5 guys who are available to go - Javier Hernandez, (Fatty) Anderson, Nani, and a couple others.

Time for a fire sale - Spurs have 7 more players than are permitted for the roster. Among those who may be for sale include Andros Townsend, Roberto Soldado and Sandro. Soldado was very good in Spain. A move to Italy would probably suit him well.

Likewise, United have 5 guys who are available to go - Javier Hernandez, (Fatty) Anderson, Nani, and a couple others.

What happens if they don't go?

What happens if they don't go?

Well, in Spurs' case, 7 guys will be playing with the reserves. Premier League only permits 25 senior plays on the roster, and they apparently have 32. So maybe Spurs will dominate the Reserves League this year. LOL

Well, in Spurs' case, 7 guys will be playing with the reserves. Premier League only permits 25 senior plays on the roster, and they apparently have 32. So maybe Spurs will dominate the Reserves League this year. LOL

Right but then their inflated wages could potentially put them in a bad spot with FFP correct? Figure that would be more pressing with United and the wages they pay.

Right but then their inflated wages could potentially put them in a bad spot with FFP correct? Figure that would be more pressing with United and the wages they pay.

Oh, there will be a clear out. It's coming for Spurs and United. Five United players have been told that they're free to go. Wenger and Rodgers should get their checkbooks ready.

Oh, there will be a clear out. It's coming for Spurs and United. Five United players have been told that they're free to go. Wenger and Rodgers should get their checkbooks ready.

Why would they want them though? They can get more talented players for equal or less wages. The curious thing will be if the only other offers are from lower level clubs and the players refuse to go and/or take a lower wage to accomodate.

Why would they want them though? They can get more talented players for equal or less wages. The curious thing will be if the only other offers are from lower level clubs and the players refuse to go and/or take a lower wage to accomodate.

I could see Liverpool making room for Chicharito rather than their rumored discussions with Samuel Eto'o. He would be a solid pick-up and not over-priced, IMO.

Today's rumors include Wenger trying to pry Matija Nastasic loose from City. City is a deep squad, but Nastasic was really good last year. I wouldn't let him go.

The other big rumor today is that Real Madrid are still trying hard to get rid of DiMaria to make room for James Rodriguez. Who they want to bring in in his place is Radamel Falcao, a great striker who is recovering from an ACL. People seem to think that Falcao to Real is nearly a done deal (how many times do we hear this?), but it makes sense that someone has to go (DiMaria) before it can happen. I wonder if Real will drop their asking price for DiMaria. I get the sense that this one is going to go down to the wire.

I could see Liverpool making room for Chicharito rather than their rumored discussions with Samuel Eto'o. He would be a solid pick-up and not over-priced, IMO.

Today's rumors include Wenger trying to pry Matija Nastasic loose from City. City is a deep squad, but Nastasic was really good last year. I wouldn't let him go.

The other big rumor today is that Real Madrid are still trying hard to get rid of DiMaria to make room for James Rodriguez. Who they want to bring in in his place is Radamel Falcao, a great striker who is recovering from an ACL. People seem to think that Falcao to Real is nearly a done deal (how many times do we hear this?), but it makes sense that someone has to go (DiMaria) before it can happen. I wonder if Real will drop their asking price for DiMaria. I get the sense that this one is going to go down to the wire.

Falcao would round out Real nicely.

Bale Falcao Ronaldo is a pretty bad ass front line, but then again Barcelona have Suarez Neymar and Messi.

I personally hope Liverpool end up with neither Eto'o or Hernandez. Chicharito is just plain over rated and Eto'o wont fit Liverpool's system. With Surridge and Lambert as Liverpool's first and second choice striker, I don't think there is room for a third out and out striker. Ideally they will sign someone who is versatile enough to play out wide when needed and also through the middle when needed.

Another option is holding off until January. I don't think Liverpool's need for a striker is as dire as people are making it out to be. They are going to look a lot deeper once Lallanna and Marckovic return from injury.

No thank you on Eto'o (too old), Hernandez (too meh), and Falcao (too expensive). I'd rather, if we spend big, go for Firmino or Volland from Hoffenheim or go established with Martinez from Porto. Aside from that it's all younger "potential" guys but I rate Lacazette from Lyon as a star in the making.

Nastasic leaving would be interesting because they just bought him and paid a fair amount to do so.

If I'm Real, I wouldn't drop the price. Teams that are trying to get the price now will be will be queueing up to pay whatever they ask in January if they are on the edge of CL qualification.

No thank you on Eto'o (too old), Hernandez (too meh), and Falcao (too expensive). I'd rather, if we spend big, go for Firmino or Volland from Hoffenheim or go established with Martinez from Porto. Aside from that it's all younger "potential" guys but I rate Lacazette from Lyon as a star in the making.

Nastasic leaving would be interesting because they just bought him and paid a fair amount to do so.

If I'm Real, I wouldn't drop the price. Teams that are trying to get the price now will be will be queueing up to pay whatever they ask in January if they are on the edge of CL qualification.

Rumor is that Liverpool finally got Alberto Moreno - for only 12m?. Kind of surprised, thought Sevilla was holding out for 20M, but here's the link:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...D-Liverpool-agree-12m-deal-for-Alberto-Moreno

Bizarre trying to figure out actual fees. Everything I saw had us willing to spend 16M and them wanting 20M. Wonder if we're sending a player back as a make weight in the deal?

Or perhaps add-on's to the fee, based on appearances, etc.

Or perhaps add-on's to the fee, based on appearances, etc.

Could be but we have some guys we could loan to them for a year in return as well. It's such a complex ordeal vs American sports.

Could be but we have some guys we could loan to them for a year in return as well. It's such a complex ordeal vs American sports.

I heard Suso might go the other way, but I don't know if there is any validity to it.

The rumor has been for a while that the Moreno deal was done but they were waiting for him to play in the Super Cup (which is going on right now) before finalizing the deal and sending him to Liverpool. Seems like those rumors are true.

Moreno in my mind really rounds out Liverpool's team. There are certainly areas where they can improve but all the necessities are now covered, and anybody else they bring in is icing on the cake.

My attention is turning now to who Liverpool sells.

Johnson needs to go. He is making huge wages (I think the highest on the team now that Suarez is gone) and he is going to be their third choice at right back. Liverpool can't afford to pay those kind of wages to a squad player. The same goes for Agger. He is making vice-captain money and is their fourth choice at center back. I don't particularly care how much money Liverpool gets for either Johnson and Agger, the important thing will be to get their wages off the books.

The really interesting thing (for me) will be what happens to Lucas. Most people assume Can will be Gerrards back up and his heir apparent, but in the preseason Rodgers was playing Can higher up the pitch. If Can plays higher up the pitch then Lucas will be necessary to spell Gerrard (and maybe Allen needs to go) but if Can plays defensively there is no place on the team for Lucas and he needs to go.

I hear the Borini deal is back on, but who knows.

If Liverpool can sell Borini, Johnson, Agger, and Lucas they will probably raise somewhere around $35-ish Mil, and save another $30-ish Mil on wages. That's a lot of money to put towards another big time player/striker either in this window or the next.

I heard Suso might go the other way, but I don't know if there is any validity to it.

The rumor has been for a while that the Moreno deal was done but they were waiting for him to play in the Super Cup (which is going on right now) before finalizing the deal and sending him to Liverpool. Seems like those rumors are true.

Moreno in my mind really rounds out Liverpool's team. There are certainly areas where they can improve but all the necessities are now covered, and anybody else they bring in is icing on the cake.

My attention is turning now to who Liverpool sells.

Johnson needs to go. He is making huge wages (I think the highest on the team now that Suarez is gone) and he is going to be their third choice at right back. Liverpool can't afford to pay those kind of wages to a squad player. The same goes for Agger. He is making vice-captain money and is their fourth choice at center back. I don't particularly care how much money Liverpool gets for either Johnson and Agger, the important thing will be to get their wages off the books.

The really interesting thing (for me) will be what happens to Lucas. Most people assume Can will be Gerrards back up and his heir apparent, but in the preseason Rodgers was playing Can higher up the pitch. If Can plays higher up the pitch then Lucas will be necessary to spell Gerrard (and maybe Allen needs to go) but if Can plays defensively there is no place on the team for Lucas and he needs to go.

I hear the Borini deal is back on, but who knows.

If Liverpool can sell Borini, Johnson, Agger, and Lucas they will probably raise somewhere around $35-ish Mil, and save another $30-ish Mil on wages. That's a lot of money to put towards another big time player/striker either in this window or the next.

Nailed-It.png

Though if Toure is in fact destined for Trabzonspor then keeping Agger wouldn't be the worst idea. Hard for me to convince myself him departing is the right move. Something about him having YNWA tattoed across his knuckles makes me think we should show the same loyalty to him.

Arsenal reportedly to make an offer of around 8M for Cheik Tiote of Newcastle. This would be a great pick-up for the Gunners, IMO.

Arsenal reportedly to make an offer of around 8M for Cheik Tiote of Newcastle. This would be a great pick-up for the Gunners, IMO.

Would add some steel to their squad. Luke Shaw out for a month injured. Are Man U going to look any different by Spetember or is it just run what you brung?

DeAndre Yedlin to Spurs for $4 million, moving after the 2014 MLS season according to Taylor Twellman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom