Transfer Market | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Market

I'll be shocked if Falcao ends up anyplace other than Real, and I'll wear a Georgetown shirt to every basketball game if Real pays 20 Mil to United for Hernandez.

On the other hand, DeJong and Blind will help Man U a lot.

I'll be shocked if Falcao ends up anyplace other than Real, and I'll wear a Georgetown shirt to every basketball game if Real pays 20 Mil to United for Hernandez.

Just read that Milan wanted to get Van Ginkel, the young holding midfielder from Chelsea (a big Michael Ballack type of kid), before they would let DeJong go to United. So let's see if that wraps up now. 10M pounds is the price they've been discussing.

United still need a central defender and Ricardo Carvalho would have been a great choice ten years ago. Next. Better hurry up about it. 18 hours to go.

7 1/2 hours to go in the window, so far:

Chicharito loaned to Real Madrid with an option to buy. Real might stump close to 20M Euros for him, since the first year loan would not hurt them on their books and the balance of the fee would be amortized over the life of the contract.

Radamel Falcao apparently goes to Manchester United in a real shokcer. One report said they took the 1 year 20M Euro loan deal, but others said they bought him outright for 65M Euros for a 4 year deal. Falcao reportedly in the air right now and will be landing in Manchester at 11:30 for a physical.

City was rumored to be readying a 70M Euro offer, but apparently United has stumped the cash. He doesn't seem to fit United at all, though. They need so much help in the back and in the middle of the park.

United appear to be making a late run at Ron Vlaar of Aston Villa for centerback.

Speaking of centerbacks, Toby Alderweireld appears set for Southampton. Arsenal were watching him, but appear to have missed their chance.

Arsene Wenger reportedly flew to Rome to have talks over striker Mattia Destro, which would certainly fill a need for a replacement for the injured Olivier Giroud. Some papers are saying Chelsea will try to sign Destro, too, after having just signed Loic Remy.

Arsenal also talking to Sevilla about striker Carlos Bacca, but the Spaniards are not too anxious to sell.

Petr Cech might be going to a lesser English club (some say QPR) on loan until January, to keep him match sharp rather than sit on the Chelsea bench. If Cech isn't cup tied, then he could be sold in January to a big club who needs a keeper for the knock-out phase of the Champions League.

Spurs' Lewis Holtby arrives in Hamburg for his physical. His deal is said to be a season long loan rather than a sale.

QPR looking to sign Sandro from Spurs for 10M pounds.

Liverpool trying to get Victor Valdez to give Simon Mignolet some competition in goal.

Last edited:

Chicharito loaned to Real Madrid with an option to buy. Real might stump close to 20M Euros for him, since the first year loan would not hurt them on their books and the balance of the fee would be amortized over the life of the contract.

Radamel Falcao apparently goes to Manchester United in a real shokcer. One report said they took the 1 year 20M Euro loan deal, but others said they bought him outright for 65M Euros for a 4 year deal. Falcao reportedly in the air right now and will be landing in Manchester at 11:30 for a physical.

City was rumored to be readying a 70M Euro offer, but apparently United has stumped the cash. He doesn't seem to fit United at all, though. They need so much help in the back and in the middle of the park.

United appear to be making a late run at Ron Vlaar of Aston Villa for centerback.

Speaking of centerbacks, Toby Alderweireld appears set for Southampton. Arsenal were watching him, but appear to have missed their chance.

Arsene Wenger reportedly flew to Rome to have talks over striker Mattia Destro, which would certainly fill a need for a replacement for the injured Olivier Giroud. Some papers are saying Chelsea will try to sign Destro, too, after having just signed Loic Remy.

Arsenal also talking to Sevilla about striker Carlos Bacca, but the Spaniards are not too anxious to sell.

Petr Cech might be going to a lesser English club (some say QPR) on loan until January, to keep him match sharp rather than sit on the Chelsea bench. If Cech isn't cup tied, then he could be sold in January to a big club who needs a keeper for the knock-out phase of the Champions League.

Spurs' Lewis Holtby arrives in Hamburg for his physical. His deal is said to be a season long loan rather than a sale.

QPR looking to sign Sandro from Spurs for 10M pounds.

Liverpool trying to get Victor Valdez to give Simon Mignolet some competition in goal.
Nothing about that Falcao situation makes sense to me. Real need him, why would they not pay the 6 Mil to get him on loan. And if they did why would Falcao choose 7th place United over Champions League winners Real?

And that would be a great sale by ManU. Chicharito is a very poor man's Michael Owen. I just don't see it with that guy.

Sky sources understand Manchester United and England strikerDanny Welbeck is currently undergoing a medical with Arsenal.Tottenham were also very interested in the forward.

Joey Barton having a bit of fun from QPR

Not sure about this one...

Joseph Barton
@Joey7Barton

Keep it to yourselves Lionel Messi just landed at our place in a helicopter. Not sure he'll get a game but definitely improves the squad.

18:45

It looks increasingly like that Tom Cleverley will not be a Manchester United player come 11pm tonight. Aston Villa had been linked with the England midfielder but Everton are now the front runners for Cleverley's signature. Alan Irwin is at their Finch Farm training ground and reports United are looking to broker a permanent deal for the 25-year-old.

You better get that Georgetown shirt ready! Hahaha

Too bad United didn't bring in DeJong (unless I missed it last night). Blind is a good player, knows the system, and can play in a couple spots.

And that would be a great sale by ManU. Chicharito is a very poor man's Michael Owen. I just don't see it with that guy.

He scored 20 goals for them just two or three years ago. He's an outstanding poacher in the box, and a surprisingly good header of the ball for his height. Nearly all of his goals are scored in or near the 6 yard box. Plus he seems to have a knack for scoring when coming off the bench in the final 20 minutes. I would have taken him in a minute for the role Chelsea signed Loic Remy for.

Sky sources understand Manchester United and England strikerDanny Welbeck is currently undergoing a medical with Arsenal.Tottenham were also very interested in the forward.

This shows the lack of ambition / fear of success at Arsenal. Everyone knows they need another striker. They wait until the very last day of the window, when Radamel Falcao is sold, and who do they get? Danny Freaking Welbeck. Now, maybe they can turn him into the next Daniel Sturridge by moving him inside and letting him lead the line, but maybe not. Certainly not aiming high with that one. Plus, they utterly failed to sign a center back. If you want to count Callum Chambers, who has the look of a good player about him, well, that's only half of what you need, unless you are going to play him at holding midfield, too.

Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates, 23, has joined Sunderlandon loan for the season:

I really liked what I saw of him on the US tour. Surprised he didn't stick in the squad. I thought they could have used him, especially with the more demanding schedule they have this season.

18:45

It looks increasingly like that Tom Cleverley will not be a Manchester United player come 11pm tonight. Aston Villa had been linked with the England midfielder but Everton are now the front runners for Cleverley's signature. Alan Irwin is at their Finch Farm training ground and reports United are looking to broker a permanent deal for the 25-year-old.

Cleverly made a blunder here, IMO. Maybe he can work his way into the midfield at United, but he could have played a much bigger role for a good squad at Everton.

This shows the lack of ambition / fear of success at Arsenal. Everyone knows they need another striker. They wait until the very last day of the window, when Radamel Falcao is sold, and who do they get? Danny Freaking Welbeck. Now, maybe they can turn him into the next Daniel Sturridge by moving him inside and letting him lead the line, but maybe not. Certainly not aiming high with that one. Plus, they utterly failed to sign a center back. If you want to count Callum Chambers, who has the look of a good player about him, well, that's only half of what you need, unless you are going to play him at holding midfield, too.

Arsenal and United both strengthened... their positions of strength while ignoring glaring needs.

Where is Welbeck going to fit in once Walcott is back? Welbeck isn't a true #9 either which is what they needed.

I really liked what I saw of him on the US tour. Surprised he didn't stick in the squad. I thought they could have used him, especially with the more demanding schedule they have this season.

I thought he might stick around as well but Lovren, Skrtel, Sahko, and for this year Toure ahead of him I suppose. I know BR like's Toure's experience amidst a younger defensive crew and also Toure turned down some possible transfers. Had he gone, I presume Coates would've stayed.

Cleverly made a blunder here, IMO. Maybe he can work his way into the midfield at United, but he could have played a much bigger role for a good squad at Everton.

Cleverly permitted to move to Aston Villa on a loan for the final year of his United contract SEVENTEEN HOURS after the window closed. If they're not going to enforce it, why have a deadline at all?

Arsenal and United both strengthened... their positions of strength while ignoring glaring needs.

Where is Welbeck going to fit in once Walcott is back? Welbeck isn't a true #9 either which is what they needed.

Well, they might think he deserves a shot at the 9 position. It did work out well for Sturridge. They're not that dissimilar.

Cleverly permitted to move to Aston Villa on a loan for the final year of his United contract SEVENTEEN HOURS after the window closed. If they're not going to enforce it, why have a deadline at all?

Depends when the paperwork was turned in.

Well, they might think he deserves a shot at the 9 position. It did work out well for Sturridge. They're not that dissimilar.

Could be right. For some reason I always think Welbeck is smaller than what he actually is, suppose based on the way he plays. I just looked and saw him listed at 6'1 and I'd always presumed he was ~5'9.

You better get that Georgetown shirt ready! Hahaha

Too bad United didn't bring in DeJong (unless I missed it last night). Blind is a good player, knows the system, and can play in a couple spots.

The worst part is going to be buying a Georgetown shirt! I'm pretty sure people will understand if I say I lost a bet.

I heard they agreed on terms but are waiting to see how much fitness Valdes regains. I think this might take a while, it seems like a month or so away, but if he's healthy I think it happens.

Even if he's out for a month he'll still be a great option to have in October and beyond when our schedule gets hectic. Otherwise we're looking at the Brad Jones show if Mignolet gets hurt which isn't very confidence inspiring.

Even if he's out for a month he'll still be a great option to have in October and beyond when our schedule gets hectic. Otherwise we're looking at the Brad Jones show if Mignolet gets hurt which isn't very confidence inspiring.

I heard it might be December. I believe he has a knee problem, but not an ACL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom