Class of 2016 - Transfer Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Transfer Thread

So now that KJ has made it official, I wish nothing but the best to him.

And JB and staff really need to be proactive here. We are currently sitting on 3 G's on the roster, with one 50/50 to go pro. They can't wait to see if Mali sticks around, since I'm guessing he'll declare and make his final decision in late May.

There are enough available grad transfers out there that would be help with Mal and would be even more important without him:

Mullins
Reinhardt
Avery Woodson
Akeem Springs

I'm guessing there will still be more in the next few weeks.

So now that KJ has made it official, I wish nothing but the best to him.

And JB and staff really need to be proactive here. We are currently sitting on 3 G's on the roster, with one 50/50 to go pro. They can't wait to see if Mali sticks around, since I'm guessing he'll declare and make his final decision in late May.

There are enough available grad transfers out there that would be help with Mal and would be even more important without him:

Mullins
Reinhardt
Avery Woodson
Akeem Springs

I'm guessing there will still be more in the next few weeks.
If Mali leaves do you think we could possibly go after two transfers like a Reinhardt and Mullins? I like those two a lot.

If Mali leaves do you think we could possibly go after two transfers like a Reinhardt and Mullins? I like those two a lot.
They need to go after the transfers before Mali makes his final decision (late May, unless he signs with an agent or flat out doesn't declare for the draft). They can't leave themselves exposed that late.

The only reason we don't go after a grad transfer would be if Mali announces soon that he's staying, but even then, we could use a 4th G for depth...

Sure, but does Thompson want to come? If so this farce of a recruitment would've been over a long time ago. It's even more telling that the staff has spent 0 time checking him out over the past month. UConn and Zona hit him with new offers recently and Ed Cooley went to visit him personally. I would think if things were still going strong here that we would've spent more time visiting him and trying to close this one out instead of scouting Dembele numerous times.
Do you really think w Lydon, Pascal, DC, TRob?, Taureen has much interest in even coming here?

Jack Hall said:
Do you really think w Lydon, Pascal, DC, TRob?, Taureen has much interest in even coming here?

3 of them will be gone in another year.

Sure, but does Thompson want to come? If so this farce of a recruitment would've been over a long time ago. It's even more telling that the staff has spent 0 time checking him out over the past month. UConn and Zona hit him with new offers recently and Ed Cooley went to visit him personally. I would think if things were still going strong here that we would've spent more time visiting him and trying to close this one out instead of scouting Dembele numerous times.
Last question, can you break down the '17 class? I assume we have a shot with Quade and Ham, are we near the lead? Do we have any shot w Bamba, Richards, Knox, Porter?

Obviously a ton of guys will could leave next year. I would assume the '17 class could be Hops most important ever or close to it

Transfers have to sit a year,don't they?

CaliCuse said:
Transfers have to sit a year,don't they?

Not 5th year grad transfers.

We were lucky with injuries this past season.

One injury in the backcourt -- with a 3 guard lineup -- and you suddenly have no depth.

Rumblings of Roberson leaving also.
I would expect him to go through the process to get NBA feedback. The new rules are perfect for guys like him, juniors who still have work to do. I would expect him to find out what he needs to do and then work his ass off this summer.

bnoro said:
Go overseas.

He could do that in another year.

They'll take 30 year old guys.

He wants to play right away and that won't happen at SU. Which is why things have shifted away from our favor and he's starting to receive offers from teams in desperation mode with their post depth like UConn and Zona.

Last question, can you break down the '17 class? I assume we have a shot with Quade and Ham, are we near the lead? Do we have any shot w Bamba, Richards, Knox, Porter?

Obviously a ton of guys will could leave next year. I would assume the '17 class could be Hops most important ever or close to it
We're the current favs for Quade and Hami. Working hard on Richards and Bamba is the type that you hope our recent final four run can increase his interest in SU than it was before. Knox(Florida) and Porter(Missouri) are basically a waste of time to consider, unless JB suddenly decides that flying outside of the northeast to recruit is a cool thing to do again.

He wants to play right away and that won't happen at SU. Which is why things have shifted away from our favor and he's starting to receive offers from teams in desperation mode with their post depth like UConn and Zona.

We're the current favs for Quade and Hami. Working hard on Richards and Bamba is the type that you hope our recent final four run can increase his interest in SU than it was before. Knox(Florida) and Porter(Missouri) are basically a waste of time to consider, unless JB suddenly decides that flying outside of the northeast to recruit is a cool thing to do again.
Consarnit, go after Mr. Porter as well, JB!

One of them wouldn't play. See the Scoop, Triche, Waiters, MCW backcourt of 2011-12.

There is a long season to be played, not just the NCAA tournament. MCW got 10 minutes a game for 26 games. That's not insignificant, when you consider how dog tired our guards have been at the end of these past 2 or 3 seasons, and how our shooting slumped late in the year from having logged so many minutes early in the season in meaningless games. Having that fourth guard keeps everybody working hard, and allows players to avoid getting ground to a pulp.

Not 5th year grad transfers.
You're right. I missed that I presume a JC grad doesn't have to sit either.. Regardless we need a body or two to fill in the gaps having to wait for three years ofr these damn sanctions to end is far too brutal. We obvious didn't convince anyone in the appeal process.

Rumblings of Roberson leaving also.
NOW THAT WOULD HURT! Roby is one of my favorites out there. I'm kind of hoping he steps up his offense and continues to be a beast on the boards under both baskets. He is a major player in my dream front court. Roberson along with a beefed up Lydon and Chukwu should be dominant on the boards next season. I doubt Moyer can come in and play to Roby's level just yet. Besides I was hoping that Moyer could come off the bench for our forwards rest and foul issues.

Shoot!! Was hoping JB could convince him to come in as TR's backup at PF. Other than that ... with TL and Moyer, plus 2 centers, not much room at the Inn.