Tucker Dordevic now out for season | Syracusefan.com

Tucker Dordevic now out for season

Really sucks but the writing was clearly on the wall. Seems like a great kid hope he can fully recover and play in the fall or at least get back by next January.

Last edited:

Sounds like he needs a screw inserted.

Probably needs a second surgery as a lot of those foot injuries that originally require surgery, players end up needing a second one. Happens in the NFL a lot.

Devastating. Down to what maybe 2 1/2 guys who actually scare a defense? He was our biggest offensive threat. Nobody drew as many slides as he did.

Probably needs a second surgery as a lot of those foot injuries that originally require surgery, players end up needing a second one. Happens in the NFL a lot.

Did he ever have a first surgery, or did they let it heal naturally?

Time for Lipka to prove himself worthy of the first line. Trimboli, too, for that matter.

I know we’ve discussed at length the mixing and matching of lines. But there’s a lot of opportunity on the second line for young guys to emerge. Hopefully the players recognize that and take advantage

If my memory is correct, Nicky Galasso had a foot injury that cost him a year at UNC and ultimately lead to his transferring to Syracuse. He also had an injury that had him miss a season while Syracuse--maybe that was his foot?

If my memory is correct, Nicky Galasso had a foot injury that cost him a year at UNC and ultimately lead to his transferring to Syracuse. He also had an injury that had him miss a season while Syracuse--maybe that was his foot?

Correct, I believe he hurt his other foot in the pre-season at Syracuse and needed surgery. He wasn't 100% healthy again until like midway through his Sr year when he looked like one of the best players on the team. He really finished strong and didn't get enough credit.

That is a bummer but like Jeremy said, at least it is out of the way. Looking way ahead but will be interesting to see how the 2020 midfield shapes up with Lipka, Curry, Dordevic and Trimboli all returning as "starters". Lots or work to do before we get there of course.

Sorry if this was covered, but is this the same foot he injured his senior year of HS or right after his senior year? I remember he sat out the Under Armour AA game.

Hate to see that happen to the kid. Good news is that he'll red shirt and spend 5 years on the hill. Always makes the offense scary when he comes back next year.

Sorry if this was covered, but is this the same foot he injured his senior year of HS or right after his senior year? I remember he sat out the Under Armour AA game.

Yes I believe it is.

That is a bummer but like Jeremy said, at least it is out of the way. Looking way ahead but will be interesting to see how the 2020 midfield shapes up with Lipka, Curry, Dordevic and Trimboli all returning as "starters". Lots or work to do before we get there of course.

Obviously you don't want it to happen but if its going to better to happen before the season starts or very closely in so the team can adjust and he can get that all important red-shirt year. Foot injuries are chronically difficult to comeback quickly from and multiple surgeries is common. Better for him to try and address this now then trying to rush to come back in early April and make a bad situation a whole lot worse.

Sounds like it could be a Lisfranc injury.

They can be very problematic and require a second surgery to fix.

Sucks for Tucker. Hopefully he gets it fixed correctly and has an uneventful rehab.

DzUN_xiXQAAJoBh.jpg

With the emergence of the PLL, I wonder if a player of his ability elects to stay in school for a 5th year.

With the emergence of the PLL, I wonder if a player of his ability elects to stay in school for a 5th year.

Unless they are making full time job level salaries with full weeks of practices within 4 years, I highly highly highly doubt it.

Unless they are making full time job level salaries with full weeks of practices within 4 years, I highly highly highly doubt it.
PLL pay scale is 4-5x what the MLL is plus PLL has full time benefits. It has a legit chance to be big time after the 3rd year. Key will be transitioning from a traveling showcase to getting teams in cities

PLL pay scale is 4-5x what the MLL is plus PLL has full time benefits. It has a legit chance to be big time after the 3rd year. Key will be transitioning from a traveling showcase to getting teams in cities

That's pretty incredible. Are we talking in the 30k range or even more? I wonder if that includes additional practices and legit off season team training. From what I hear from people who did the MLL is that it's essentially a fun weekend. You fly in on Friday and do a casual no shoulder pad practice, play the game on Saturday, drink and party that night, and fly back the next day. Not exactly a pro experience you leave your college team for. I at least doubt the PLL will have started a "going pro" early trend in the college game within three years, but who knows what it will be like in 10. They have the funding, but is the average sports fan entertained by lacrosse enough for ticket sales to skyrocket? Either way not worried about Dordevic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom