Tucker Dordevic transferring to Georgetown | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tucker Dordevic transferring to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a horrible take. He's by all accounts an excellent young man and was a great student-athlete representative for Syracuse University. He played hard every time he was on the field. If he transfers to another ACC school for a strong MBA program, then so be it.

Syracuse administration has screwed up more than enough times since Tucker has been on campus for him to want to try something new.
Never said wasn’t an exceptional young man or didn’t give his all for team or play hard. Cuse is family even to me and even tho you want something different that’s fine. But it’s like unwritten rule don’t go to your teams most seen competition just like if your best friend gets dump by his girl you don’t start dating her Ever ! (least not with a long gap in between and not without ur friends approval) as long as your still best friends. Or since used word family don’t get with your brothers ex girl after they leave him. Just a sign of respect. Also think after the last two years and specially this year watching how it ended after yesterday’s game and hearing this allowed to be tad bit upset. Still wish him the best of luck and deserves a lot.

Just saying To me helping build the young talent on team and school i love grow back into what use to be would just be more memorable and satisfying to me personally then to go to a team for one year just to play possibly for chip specially if that team plays or has to beat my dream school(cuse). I don’t play cause i want to win chips yes it’s a goal but i play cause love the sport and want to help it grow and younger players grow. Ultimately to keep playing aka pros. As said just a sign of respect to not go to an acc school.

Good luck Tucker! Thanks for all the years! Players at Cuse used to have a ring within 2-3 years now players can’t do it in 5!

That was actually Desko, Gait and Petro got Thompson and then the long pole Figuerias to flip all other 2022 is Desko,. All of 23 is Gait

March is the recruiting savant.

Teammate issue which a few of us raised did seem to play a large role. I am sure there was more to it as well but his comments about the staff and program should alleviate some of the meltdowns

Correct I was just pointing out it was under Desko that it occurred. March and Spallina were the catalysts for that class.

Agree. It's also fair to say that recruiting is the reason he is still employed at Syracuse.

Teammate issue which a few of us raised did seem to play a large role. I am sure there was more to it as well but his comments about the staff and program should alleviate some of the meltdowns
I always thought he would leave with his boys .. got excited when he said he was coming back.. but not upset that he’s not because most of the year was figuring he wasn’t coming back...wish him nothing but the best.. he’s a great kid.. love his game

If you look at his insta maybe the GF is graduating or getting her graduates somewhere else and he’s following her.

No insider, just spec.

From Tucker's perspective this totally makes sense. I would rather have him stay obviously, but honestly not devastated by this. With the new class coming in next year, and some of the current frosh, I do think this gives us a chance to start the new era fresh. Zack80 and JeremyCuse my thoughts went straight to Denver also, solely based on his hometown. The biggest impact will be the perception that he left because we've bottomed out. I have a ton of faith in the players we have and what's in the pipeline.

The fact that he made a very public announcement the day after the last game tells me all I need to know. If you really care about the program, you wait for a bit and then more quietly make your announcement. This is the way someone behaves who wants to send a message while mouthing all the "right words" about the coaches in an interview. I wish him all the best and he deserves the chance to play for a winner.

The fact that he made a very public announcement the day after the last game tells me all I need to know. If you really care about the program, you wait for a bit and then more quietly make your announcement. This is the way someone behaves who wants to send a message while mouthing all the "right words" about the coaches in an interview. I wish him all the best and he deserves the chance to play for a winner.

Or you move on and let SU move forward and be open fo business. UNC had three kids today, just life.

Agree. It's also fair to say that recruiting is the reason he is still employed at Syracuse.
Agree 100%. I have heard many comments over the past couple of years that March is not well liked by the players and his offensive schemes are anything but brilliant. Gait pretty much threw Petro and March under the bus in his final presser when he was asked about his own performance. He proceeded to say that he let Petro and March run the defense and offense and he watched and observed.

Or you move on and let SU move forward and be open fo business. UNC had three kids today, just life.
Yup. Time will tell us how the Gait era plays out. Getting a new bunch of players with new leadership and moving on from the "baggage" of the last 2 years may prove to be very successful.

I always thought he would leave with his boys .. got excited when he said he was coming back.. but not upset that he’s not because most of the year was figuring he wasn’t coming back...wish him nothing but the best.. he’s a great kid.. love his game
I get him leaving because all his boys are bouncing this year but does anyones word matter anymore. No one made him come out and say he was coming back two months ago when he also knew his boys were leaving. If he keeps quiet then I don’t think anyone has an issue with it.

I get him leaving because all his boys are bouncing this year but does anyones word matter anymore. No one made him come out and say he was coming back two months ago when he also knew his boys were leaving. If he keeps quiet then I don’t think anyone has an issue with it.
agreed, probably shouldn't have said he was coming back. But he doing what is best for him. Best of luck but in the end, we want players who are 100% in and want to play for cuse.

agreed, probably shouldn't have said he was coming back. But he doing what is best for him. Best of luck but in the end, we want players who are 100% in and want to play for cuse.
At the risk of being annoying, I think the situation was simple - Dordevic clearly believed he was coming back earlier in the season. By the end, he had decided not to. My own view is that he did not like what he saw from coaches and talent level and was not convinced that Spallina & Co. would be able to overcome the problems in only one year.

At the risk of being annoying, I think the situation was simple - Dordevic clearly believed he was coming back earlier in the season. By the end, he had decided not to. My own view is that he did not like what he saw from coaches and talent level and was not convinced that Spallina & Co. would be able to overcome the problems in only one year.
The simplest solution is usually the correct one as well and I am inclined to believe you. Let's also not forget NIL deals other universities may be able to offer as well - not just in the lacrosse industry. From a business move, considering he wants to obtain an MBA, this would also make sense.

Absolutely zero inside info but I predict that Dordevic & his Oregon buddy Sam Handley both transfer to Duke. It doesn’t get much better than Fuqua for an MBA & they’d make Duke an instant title favorite.

Absolutely zero inside info but I predict that Dordevic & his Oregon buddy Sam Handley both transfer to Duke. It doesn’t get much better than Fuqua for an MBA & they’d make Duke an instant title favorite.
You bite your heathen tongue.

If he's serious about his MBA - wouldn't Michigan of Georgetown make the most sense academically (assuming he transfers out of the ACC)? Or maybe even Ohio State?

Michigan - elite MBA program (top 10) / Zawada & Boehm on attack
Georgetown - excellent MBA program (top 25) / loaded with talent
Ohio State - very good MBA program (top 40) - lower tuition

My gut is still telling me Denver...

Duke would be an unstoppable juggernaut like when Sowers and O'Neill went there together... oh wait.

If he's serious about his MBA - wouldn't Michigan of Georgetown make the most sense academically (assuming he transfers out of the ACC)? Or maybe even Ohio State?

Michigan - elite MBA program (top 10) / Zawada & Boehm on attack
Georgetown - excellent MBA program (top 25) / loaded with talent
Ohio State - very good MBA program (top 40) - lower tuition

My gut is still telling me Denver...

He's said that he wants a place with strong academics and a chance to win a championship. He's previously opened up about his past learning difficulties with dyslexia and ADHD in high school and how he's overcome them. But I'm not sure if elite MBA programs are a fit. I'm guessing Maryland.

While I love lacrosse, I value academics more. When I ran our graduate program, I encouraged our undergrads to get their masters degree at another university. There are lots of good reasons to do so. While I don't have any inside information on Dordy's situation I wouldn't be surprised if he was advised to earn an MBA some where else. Our Whitman MBA is pretty good, but it isn't considered elite (appologies to my Whitman Colleagues.) Post D1 lax won't pay the bills but an MBA will. I'm hoping his decision is based on academics, and that would make me and his parents very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom