Tucker Dordevic transferring to Georgetown | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Tucker Dordevic transferring to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I love lacrosse, I value academics more. When I ran our graduate program, I encouraged our undergrads to get their masters degree at another university. There are lots of good reasons to do so. While I don't have any inside information on Dordy's situation I wouldn't be surprised if he was advised to earn an MBA some where else. Our Whitman MBA is pretty good, but it isn't considered elite (appologies to my Whitman Colleagues.) Post D1 lax won't pay the bills but an MBA will. I'm hoping his decision is based on academics, and that would make me and his parents very happy.
I don't know if Maryland would be a good fit but if I were Tucker, I would like Maryland. Stability and excellence in coaching (nice change from Cuse!) and a winning culture with a pattern of bringing in transfers and integrating them well (Khan, Donville). He doesn't compete in conference with Cuse. They have a solid MBA program ranked #26 by Fortune.

Pshhh Tuck's middie days are over and done Dan. Would bet the house on him starting attack next year if he stays healthy.

I don't think he's the top ranked goalie. Blind (Harvard), Riccardelli (ND) and Ruppel (Maryland) are all five stars and McCool is a four star. Ruppel and Riccadelli have already been selected for the UA AA game. Blind is highest ranked goalie according to NLF (at #6). McCool looks very promising, we'll just have to wait and see. They might be gun shy going after another keeper with limited NCAA experience after Gavin (who played two games as a frosh for UVA).

Also have a 4/5 Star depending on where you look in Ippoliti in 2023.

Sorry for being dramatic, but it would be coaching malpractice to start Kelly over Dordevic at attack. Kelly got demoted to middie at UNC this season already. Dordy basically matched his points production of the last two years in one year at attack. Drawing teams top cover guy every game too.

Good luck Tucker hate to say this but none of your Cuse buddies will be at G town nor have they made a final four in the last 2 decades. Wonder how Kevin will be with you taking 20 shots a game? Thanks for everything you did it’s kind of sad you passed up the opportunity to help return Syracuse to greatness. I’m glad guys like Mike Levielle and Steve Brooks didn’t jump ship after 2007. Brooks back was so bad he had to lay on the bus floor going to games yet he competed in every game. He and Mike took some committed underclass men and led them to hoisting a trophy something Georgetown has NEVER done

Sorry for being dramatic, but it would be coaching malpractice to start Kelly over Dordevic at attack. Kelly got demoted to middie at UNC this season already. Dordy basically matched his points production of the last two years in one year at attack. Drawing teams top cover guy every game too.

Georgetown is also bringing in Brian Minicus from Colgate who put up numbers similar to Dordevic at attack. He’s a righty as well. That gives you four guys for three spots and since Dordevic is a natural middie, I can see why people want to slot him there. Of course Tucker proved he could play lefty attack (which is still nuts to me) so maybe they keep him there and put Kelly at midfield. Dordevic, Bundy, Minicus, Haley, McDermott and Kelly is a pretty good starting lineup no matter where they play. Of course Gtowns issue last year was depth so they still need to rectify that.

Georgetown is also bringing in Brian Minicus from Colgate who put up numbers similar to Dordevic at attack. He’s a righty as well. That gives you four guys for three spots and since Dordevic is a natural middie, I can see why people want to slot him there. Of course Tucker proved he could play lefty attack (which is still nuts to me) so maybe they keep him there and put Kelly at midfield. Dordevic, Bundy, Minicus, Haley, McDermott and Kelly is a pretty good starting lineup no matter where they play. Of course Gtowns issue last year was depth so they still need to rectify that.
Minicus is a huge get that is flying under the radar. He was Colgate's entire offense. Also, he's a lefty not a righty. I see Dordevic taking that righty spot, Haley playing X, with one of Minicus/Kelly on the wing and the other playing midfield.

It will be interesting to see who they bump up to the midfield with Bundy and McDermott. My gut tells me it will be Minicus; Kelly played some middie down the stretch this year, but Minicus is far more athletic and has more experience playing midfield; I could see him doing a lot of what Trippi did this year for the Hoyas. At the same time, conventional wisdom is to put your best players at attack full time when you can, and Minicus is certainly the better player.

Last edited:
Good luck Tucker hate to say this but none of your Cuse buddies will be at G town nor have they made a final four in the last 2 decades. Wonder how Kevin will be with you taking 20 shots a game? Thanks for everything you did it’s kind of sad you passed up the opportunity to help return Syracuse to greatness. I’m glad guys like Mike Levielle and Steve Brooks didn’t jump ship after 2007. Brooks back was so bad he had to lay on the bus floor going to games yet he competed in every game. He and Mike took some committed underclass men and led them to hoisting a trophy something Georgetown has NEVER done
I love this post, perfect homer response! I agree. I don’t think Gtown has ever been to a final four either

I agree think it’s a traitor move and wouldn’t of made it myself. Believe in post when first heard was transferring said be more of reward or legend status to help build program back then to win chip. But with that also tucker is great player n would of love to have him but he wasn’t big big team player. I went back n watches every game and notice most of the time all he did is stand on left wing waiting for ball never went inside much to help set pics or score off ball. He just wait for ball then dodge. So wasn’t the best attackman as overall would say cause most of how he played it was exactly like he did when midfield. Yes put more points up but can say cause he touched ball a lot more n was on field a lot more. He never fully committed to attackman as said trying to inside for pics or off ball now did he try to get involved when didn’t have ball. So may be better off without him specially if he wanted out. One last thing to say thanks to cuse for giving him a shot when not alot of other schools did and then to jump ship kinda disloyal to program who maby without them wouldn’t of even be in position to jump anywhere you want. Yes i’ll always be little bitter towards him for leaving as also was my dream to play at cuse and wouldn’t leave for any reason even if only won 4 games whole cuse career. But guess that’s just me.

I love this post, perfect homer response! I agree. I don’t think Gtown has ever been to a final four either
Once. 1999.

We beat them in the national semis 13-9 before losing to UVa 12-10.

If being a fan of a team through good and bad makes me a Homer color me guilty
Probably didn’t translate but I thought the post was perfect. Just how I think most of the diehards on this board feel

I agree think it’s a traitor move and wouldn’t of made it myself. Believe in post when first heard was transferring said be more of reward or legend status to help build program back then to win chip. But with that also tucker is great player n would of love to have him but he wasn’t big big team player. I went back n watches every game and notice most of the time all he did is stand on left wing waiting for ball never went inside much to help set pics or score off ball. He just wait for ball then dodge. So wasn’t the best attackman as overall would say cause most of how he played it was exactly like he did when midfield. Yes put more points up but can say cause he touched ball a lot more n was on field a lot more. He never fully committed to attackman as said trying to inside for pics or off ball now did he try to get involved when didn’t have ball. So may be better off without him specially if he wanted out. One last thing to say thanks to cuse for giving him a shot when not alot of other schools did and then to jump ship kinda disloyal to program who maby without them wouldn’t of even be in position to jump anywhere you want. Yes i’ll always be little bitter towards him for leaving as also was my dream to play at cuse and wouldn’t leave for any reason even if only won 4 games whole cuse career. But guess that’s just me.
"Say thanks to Cuse for giving him a shot when not a lot of other schools did"...lol. Dordevic was an elite recruit; tons of schools wanted him.

The sour grapes in posts like these can only assure Dordevic that he made the right decision. He gave the program 5 strong years and now everyone he played with has moved on...a change of scenery with a chance to get a graduate degree at an elite institution seems more than fair at this point. And in the end out of respect for Cuse, amongst those elite institutions he took the only one that takes transfers that isn't in the ACC. He doesn't owe you anything at this point and your choice to take shots at him the moment he's gone shows that the "loyalty" of the Cuse faithful that he supposedly spurned isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I was definitely mad about him leaving after saying that he was coming back when he could have just said nothing from the beginning. But that is where the anger ends. He worked his asz off for 5 years here. Incredible this year and you can tell how hard he worked because he never stopped getting better. Yes it really really sucks to lose such a valuable player but I can’t be mad at the actual guy. Ok maybe if he transferred to Duke or uva I would have to vent just a little more…

"Say thanks to Cuse for giving him a shot when not a lot of other schools did"...lol. Dordevic was an elite recruit; tons of schools wanted him.

The sour grapes in posts like these can only assure Dordevic that he made the right decision. He gave the program 5 strong years and now everyone he played with has moved on...a change of scenery with a chance to get a graduate degree at an elite institution seems more than fair at this point. And in the end out of respect for Cuse, amongst those elite institutions he took the only one that takes transfers that isn't in the ACC. He doesn't owe you anything at this point and your choice to take shots at him the moment he's gone shows that the "loyalty" of the Cuse faithful that he supposedly spurned isn't all it's cracked up to be.
I wish him nothing but the best. He gave all he had to this program. I vividly remember the video of him doing wall ball on his scooter during rehab. He is an elite talent, loves the game and he made a decision that will position him well for the next 20, 30, 40 years...

I wish him nothing but the best. He gave all he had to this program. I vividly remember the video of him doing wall ball on his scooter during rehab. He is an elite talent, loves the game and he made a decision that will position him well for the next 20, 30, 40 years...

This, there is no reason to be upset with Tucker, he was here 5 years and wanted a change for his covid 6th year. Sure we all wanted him back but he did what he felt was best

I’m sorry I’m a Syracuse Lacrosse fan which use to include Tucker it no longer does I simply pointed out facts that much much better players then him in very similar situations chose to stay and succeeded at the highest level

never wished him harm or said hope he fails or anything. I also won’t knock kid for choosing education first but if you look at it wasn’t the case. As said was coming back and wasn’t till season we had that he changed his mind. If he was choosing education first he would of mention leaving before end result of season that happen. Was not till the end of season and year it has been choose to leave. Wasn’t pretty season at all. Also said he wants to leave with his other seniors but once again they were leaving either way when once again he said was coming back so wasn’t case there either. I don’t by the reasons he said as choose to stay first and changed his mind after poor results. As also i’m sure his main goal is to play in pros. Which clearly he would make it anyway even if stayed at cuse no matter what kind of season we had cause he is a very talented player. I just feel he is leaving cause team doesn’t seem to have great shot at making a run next year and that is ultimately what he wants which can be taken as selfish. Now isn’t crime or sin to be selfish and can do what he wants. Just saying I personally wouldn’t choose it and again feel helping syracuse get back to prominence as once was be more rewarding and legend status then going to a team already stacked with talent in hopes to make it. Wish him best but forgive me for being loyal to CUSE first not to a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom