Tucker on 44 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tucker on 44

I think we hold it for Tucker's grandson who may or may not be a FBS scholarship athlete. We'll know in 20-30 years. :confused:
Or a Nobel Peace Prize winner. Has to be one of the two.

He’s selling #34 jerseys right now correct? Then why promote that you’re changing numbers?
I hope so, but I haven’t seen official ones anywhere yet. Dying for a OBO one before next season starts.

He’s selling #34 jerseys right now correct? Then why promote that you’re changing numbers?

#34 t-shirts. Haven't seen any jerseys yet.

orange_624b51fe-fc3f-46bf-a1a6-1f588ac14091_394x.png

Because he thinks everyone is leaving.
No actually just another important D player and 2 coaches. Both D. I dont expect anything. I just share what im told.
I was told in the Spring Shrader would start. I was told during the Rutgers weekend that 2 D players were most likely leaving. I was also told that there was a very good chance 2 D coaches were most likely gone. I was never told anything about Taj or Tommy or Tucker. Tucker is pure speculation.

No actually just another important D player and 2 coaches. Both D. I dont expect anything. I just share what im told.
I was told in the Spring Shrader would start. I was told during the Rutgers weekend that 2 D players were most likely leaving. I was also told that there was a very good chance 2 D coaches were most likely gone. I was never told anything about Taj or Tommy or Tucker. Tucker is pure speculation.

Assistants leave all the time, that's just the business.

Transferring to Alabama where he'll run for over 2000 yards next season and win the Heisman in a landslide (all while still wearing #34).
I don’t think there’s been any indication that he would leave and I really hope he stays (understatement of the year). BUT if this did happen I wouldn’t hate it if he wore 44 there. I’d at least get a good chuckle out of that.

Absolutely sad that Syracuse ran him off of this number.

He was ALL about wearing it very early in the season.

Now suddenly he doesn’t……..not a good look for the university in my opinion
gotta be nil related too

I think people on this board are, and have been, more upset about the number 44 and Sean than Sean has been. I’m also on the side that if we have Sean 44 it should be done at the beginning of next year and not the middle of this season. More bang for the buck that way.

he’s one of my favorites, all time. And I do believe we’ve got a core nucleus if it sticks…

But play devil’s advocate for just a moment in regards to the portal… it’s a real concern.

That means nothing in regards to Sean’s thoughts, which I don’t know one iota about.

But if Oklahoma/Texas/Auburn/whoever big name texted you, and said hey what’s up, 80k coming this weekend, you’ll be our bell cow, ps check out our NLI opportunities and draft history… how would you respond at 20 years old?

he’s one of my favorites. And I do believe we’ve got a core nucleus of it sticks…

But play devil’s advocate for just a moment in regards to the portal… it’s a real concern.

That means nothing in regards to Sean’s thoughts, which I don’t know one iota about.

But if Oklahoma/Texas/Auburn/whoever big name texted you, and said hey what’s up, 80k coming this weekend, you’ll be our bell cow, ps check out our NLI opportunities and draft history… how would you respond at 20 years old?
Well id look at the 30000 empty seats , the fact i wanted but didn't get 44, the 10 , shirts ive sold, my Lame Duck Coach and think hard about it.
Lets hope he has a great girlfriend.

I think people on this board are, and have been, more upset about the number 44 and Sean than Sean has been. I’m also on the side that if we have Sean 44 it should be done at the beginning of next year and not the middle of this season. More bang for the buck that way.
Can’t blame the die hards. We’re clinging to the last few points of pride and tradition hah. Agree though, at this point has to be the start of next year.

Let’s look at the advantages of staying;

- Read option scheme that provides tons of snaps
- Undisputed #1 RB on the team
- Third year on the same P5 D1 team
- Big fish in a small pond
- 30 more academic credits at SU

I’m not sure what real advantage there is to leaving. More NIL money? Perhaps, but I’m not sure if that moves the needle enough. This offensive scheme is perfect for him.

Last edited:
Let’s look at the advantages of staying;

- Read option scheme that provides tons of snaps
- Undisputed #1 RB on the team
- Third year on the same P5 D1 team
- Big fish in a small pond
- 30 more academic credits at SU

I’m not sure what real advantage there is to leaving. More NIL money? Perhaps, but I’m not sure if that moves the needle enough. This offensive scheme is perfect for him.

All these things are true for any HS player we’re trying to recruit and look how many are swayed to come here as a result.

We hear things like this and I have to ask, has anyone heard him say anything like that? Or, is it that we are just so accustomed to losing that we expect bad things to happen. I suspect it is that. Now, to be sure, bad things do seem to happen to us. But that doesn't mean bad things are always going to happen to us.
That, and some people are only content when they're miserable.

That, and some people are only content when they're miserable.
I’m usually very positive but definitely anxiety riddled. More concerned than anything.

Somebody made a good point earlier today about waiting two years, and then things will level out a bit with the portal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom