Twitter embeds not fully appearing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Twitter embeds not fully appearing

Starting this morning, twitter embeds not showing on my Firefox. How am I supposed to read all the CL posts??? Ugh. Time to start googling.

texascpa said:
Starting this morning, twitter embeds not showing on my Firefox. How am I supposed to read all the CL posts??? Ugh. Time to start googling.

It's being worked on. Started about 7pm last night.

Anyone else having issues seeing tweets? I'm using Chrome at work and used to see them, but in the last 2 weeks I haven't been able to. Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope.

This seems to happen monthly. I haven't changed anything. My guess is whenever Twitter updates their script, this happens.

Can you get to Twitter directly while at work? Maybe your work firewall now blocks Twitter?

My only suggestion is to try the mobile style.

Last edited:
This seems to happen monthly. I haven't changed anything. My guess is whenever Twitter updates their script, this happens.

Can you get to Twitter directly while at work? Maybe your work firewall now blocks Twitter?

My only suggestion is to try the mobile style.
Twitter is blocked at work. I don't have a problem accessing on my phone while at work, but I'm not on their wi-fi.

definitely use the mobile style if you are on your phone. much better.

No setting have been changed, and I am reluctant to make any changes. Every time I make changes, I fixes the problem for some, and creates a new problem for others.

My guess is there are too many tweets posted per page, and that's why they're slow to load.

Bottom line: I'll look into it. Please post a link to a page that is loading slowly.

No setting have been changed, and I am reluctant to make any changes. Every time I make changes, I fixes the problem for some, and creates a new problem for others.

Thanks Tom. I am out of town for a few days and can't do much with the phone. With my update to 10 it is now microsoft edge. And I am always in n/a.

My guess is there are too many tweets posted per page, and that's why they're slow to load.

Bottom line: I'll look into it. Please post a link to a page that is loading slowly.

i find tweets really slow quite often in firefox and that they dont load at all on my phone in forumrunner or my browser.

Hey Tom. Whatever you did seems to have improved things with the tweets loading. And I love the modifications for linking urls. Thank you.

Does this site generally suck using Safari on mobile devices? I have problems where the tweets take forever to load, but I also have trouble with a typing lag (the letters don't show on the screen for a couple of seconds) and I can no longer highlight text to select, copy, paste, etc. and it's just this site. When I touch the screen to select text, the buttons that pop up to "select" , "select all", etc disappear when I pick my finger up off the screen. Bizarre.

Yup, and not just this site. Safari sucks.

If you are on a phone, use the mobile style. It helps.

Damn. Twitter appeared yesterday. Now it's back to "Loading Tweet".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom