Twitter embeds not fully appearing | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Twitter embeds not fully appearing

Sorry, but apparently there is nothing I can do on my end to solve the problem. My only suggestion is to clear your cache, and/or reboot your computer.

Sorry, but apparently there is nothing I can do on my end to solve the problem. My only suggestion is to clear your cache, and/or reboot your computer.

I'll give it a whirl. Not blaming you at all. Just frustrating.

I'll give it a whirl. Not blaming you at all. Just frustrating.

I get it, and I do appreciate your reply. I have contact our server host, and hope they have a solution. But every solution I've tried (coming from many sources, including the author of the script, and Twitter itself) has been temporary, or caused a different problem.

One suggestion - clear your cache and reboot. The Twitter threads are full of graphics and the Twitter feeds are Java intensive (or so I'm told be people who know this stuff better than me).

If I embed a tweet, and sometime later the tweeter deletes the tweet, you'll get the "Loading Tweet" error.

Since there's no more tweet available to load.

I'd be thrilled if it were that simple. Thanks. I'll look into this.

Yup, and not just this site. Safari sucks.

If you are on a phone, use the mobile style. It helps.

I typically use Safari on my phone to view the site but I'm unable to see twitter content.
Would you elaborate on 'use the mobile style'?

I've been having this issue too.

So, I cleared my cache on my iPhone
Now - it's WORSE.

Tweets that I had previously seen, are now mostly obscured. Ugh.

Example: the Adam Dulka tweet with a pic of his meal stating Manley kitchen staff doing work (or something to that effect) - I can't see hardly any of it now. Oh Lord

Oh no, not the sad trombone!

For those using iPhones and iPads, you might want to try and download the Chrome app and use that to browse the Internet. Tom is right, Safari is not good handling embedded tweets. Chrome appears to be better.

I would recommend using it on PCs too. It is generally faster and less buggy than other browsers.

Please let us know if this helps. It is hard to get a feel for what the best solutions/suggestions are with so many variables in play.

For those using iPhones and iPads, you might want to try and download the Chrome app and use that to browse the Internet. Tom is right, Safari is not good handling embedded tweets. Chrome appears to be better.

I would recommend using it on PCs too. It is generally faster and less buggy than other browsers.

Please let us know if this helps. It is hard to get a feel for what the best solutions/suggestions are with so many variables in play.

I'm on a Mac using Chrome. Every once in a while tweets will half load for me on all forums. I click on the tweet to open it, right click on the tweet and hit reload and it appears fully. A pain but it seems to work.

Last edited:
Unless Tom can think of something, there is nothing I can do on my end. It's usually a security setting on the computer or browser.

Need someone to post a link to a thread with Twitter links that won't load right.

Thanks

I downloaded Google Chrome to my iPhone and I'm now able to see tweets. It's magic!
Thanks for the suggestion and the support!!

Why, oh, why are tweets not loading today? Of all days...

Yeah, I've been doing that, as well. Just a pain

/firstworldproblems
I use Chrome and it was doing that a few hours ago but not seems to open with not having to do that...strange.

I use Chrome and it was doing that a few hours ago but not seems to open with not having to do that...strange.

Yep, looks to be the same with IE. They're back now.

Does it quite frequently for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom