Two ridiculous penalties | Syracusefan.com

Two ridiculous penalties

LAOrange

Starter
Custis's wrap around and the WVU safety's head butt of Taj Harris. What were they thinking?

This was also his worst game. He was a hot mess today. Thank God we got the W so nobody will remember.

Not really -- he had 5 catches for 80 yards.

And the performance might have looked differently if they hadn't called that BS pass interference on him, or if one or two of those calls against us went in our favor [like the inexusable non-call when the guy plowed into him early with his back turned, and didn't turn to locate the ball].

The worst penalties by Custis we’re the two motion penalties.

The other two were bad technique or fighting for the ball.

But if you’re 50 feet from the ball and jump twice, those are mental breakdowns that piss off cosches.

Why was the taj harris headbutt a ridiculous call? He got ejected from the game as he should have.

The worst penalties by Custis we’re the two motion penalties.

The other two were bad technique or fighting for the ball.

But if you’re 50 feet from the ball and jump twice, those are mental breakdowns that piss off cosches.
One looked like he stepped back away from the line as if he expected a change in the play. I don't know what he was thinking there.

Still say Taj is a stud. Great yak and wtfff was that kid thinking. He is definatly a one and with Jackson whoooooo! We are loaded. Wher3 was Nykeim. Did I miss him been drinking a bit.

Anybody know what conference those refs were from?

Why was the taj harris headbutt a ridiculous call? He got ejected from the game as he should have.
It was a ridiculous penalty. What veteran obviously lowers his head when the game is on the line. It was so egregious, he should be benched next year for pure stupidity. They'd already lost their starting safety.

Not really -- he had 5 catches for 80 yards.

And the performance might have looked differently if they hadn't called that BS pass interference on him, or if one or two of those calls against us went in our favor [like the inexusable non-call when the guy plowed into him early with his back turned, and didn't turn to locate the ball].

Face guarding only illegal in high school. Otherwise it’s ok as long as you don’t make contact. I blew my top at the non call too. This will hopefully save one of us from having another heart attack next time.

Ask the Official: Face guarding in itself is illegal only within high school rules

But contact was made, wasn't it?

I don’t think so. Or if it was it was very minimal. If I remember it right the ball hit the dbs back. A better throw would have drawn it.

Overall I thought the crew did a good job of reigning in the chippiness on both sides. They were pretty consistent the entire night on PI and not calling it if the receiver initiated contact.

Yes. Lots of contact initiated by the defender without turning or locating the ball. If that was legal it would be *the* way defenders would be taught.
Agreed. He clearly ran into him a second before the ball got there. Should have been an easy flag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom