Two things | Syracusefan.com

Two things

osullfam

Scout Team
1) Our offense generated a lot of open looks, especially in the first half. They just weren't going in
2) Significant drop off when Baye replaced Rak. If we hadn't lost DaJuan...

Significant drop off is being kind. With Baye in the game, State's lead grew to 10...when Rak came back in is when we closed the gap. I recall one possession in the second half where we missed a shot and Baye got the rebound and appeared wide open for a put back dunk. Instead, he inexplicably tries to throw it back out...his pass was intercepted and started a fast break for State...which ultimately they converted on.

orangecuse said:
Significant drop off is being kind. With Baye in the game, State's lead grew to 10...when Rak came back in is when we closed the gap. I recall one possession in the second half where we missed a shot and Baye got the rebound and appeared wide open for a put back dunk. Instead, he inexplicably tries to throw it back out...his pass was intercepted and started a fast break for State...which ultimately they converted on.
He has the basketball brain of a freshman. In high school. The guy has learned nothing

I cried when that happened. Inexplicable.

The guy is a terrific representative of the University who had a bad night.

He's been bad for weeks now. Unlike Cooney though at least he doesn't start fast breaks for the other team after each touch.

The guy is a terrific representative of the University who had a bad night.
No one questions his character. Why does this always need to be brought up?

It wasn't just a bad night. He is not a D-1 caliber basketball player and he kills us when he's in the game. If he doesn't play last night, we win. That's how much he he negatively effected he game.

It's purely basketball talk. No one is saying he's an awful person bc he's not good at basketball.

JB plays favorites and will never try anything different so Rak better stay out of foul trouble for 6 games in a row if we have Championship aspirations.

Three of the last four games we've played we've been double-digit negatives with him on the floor.

UVA - (-17 with Baye on the floor; that's in 12 minutes of court time)
GT - (-10 with Baye on the floor; 16 minutes played)
FSU - (+2 with Baye on the floor; 16 minutes played)
NCST - (-10 with Baye on the floor; 19 minutes played)

He's hurting us - a lot.

1) Our offense generated a lot of open looks, especially in the first half. They just weren't going in
2) Significant drop off when Baye replaced Rak. If we hadn't lost DaJuan...
We all wanted to believe the DC injury wouldnt hurt us. Dont know if that was truly the case. I take it as a bad sign that that recently JB was talking about how he wanted to use DC this yr in the low post and his injury changed some of the things he wanted to do offensively...

longislandcuse said:
No one questions his character. Why does this always need to be brought up? It wasn't just a bad night. He is not a D-1 caliber basketball player and he kills us when he's in the game. If he doesn't play last night, we win. That's how much he he negatively effected he game. It's purely basketball talk. No one is saying he's an awful person bc he's not good at basketball. JB plays favorites and will never try anything different so Rak better stay out of foul trouble for 6 games in a row if we have Championship aspirations.

Ahh - we wouldn't have made either run in either tournament last season without him and his defense. So quickly to forget.

With DC, Grant might still be our 6th man. Xmas was a forward. But at least we had some scoring off the bench.

Ahh - we wouldn't have made either run in either tournament last season without him and his defense. So quickly to forget.

All year I've been asking where that Baye went. Now I think it was just an aberration. The free throw draining, rebounding machine was just a mirage.

I hope I'm wrong, and Baye comes out and starts playing like that again, but I think that 3 week stretch was just a magical little run that we're never going to see out of him again. I know JB loves to praise his defense, but in my mind that has been the most disappointing part of his play this year.

I tend to figure he's going to be bad on offense, and let most rebounds trickle out of his hands and out of bounds, but defensively, that's where he always held his own. Now, not so much. If you can get it in the high post with Baye on the court - the rest of the team might as well just run back on defense because he's going to allow you to score.

He's had some decent games this year, few and far between, but some. But of late, he has been beyond bad. On offense, defense, and everything in between. And he needs to stop igniting the fast break for the other team, just slam the ball out of bounds if you must - but stop creating easy offense for the opponent. :(

What does last season have to do with this season?

What does bmk's character have to do with the fact he's out there passing up dunk attempts?

Why is he beyond reproach but Roberson is not?

Does Roberson not have a nice enough smile?

Does he play for a different team?

Not forgetting that at all... He was great... We are talking abut this year... He is a great kid and we be an alltime favorite but he is having a bad senior year..

Anyone else here, after asserting we would miss DC, recall being sneered at?

I'm still...well, not sneering. But scoffing.

Coleman would have been better at actually wrapping his hands around defensive rebounds. He would have been equally bad at getting the ball into the basket and not getting it taken away by smaller players. And all indications were that, despite his effort, he was still a matador on defense. Coleman's not the answer; I don't doubt that Boeheim's center rotation would be exactly the same if he hadn't worn the knee down again.

It wasn't just a bad night. He is not a D-1 caliber basketball player and he kills us when he's in the game. If he doesn't play last night, we win. That's how much he he negatively effected he game.

It's purely basketball talk. No one is saying he's an awful person bc he's not good at basketball.

JB plays favorites and will never try anything different so Rak better stay out of foul trouble for 6 games in a row if we have Championship aspirations.
Agree on all points

Anyone else here, after asserting we would miss DC, recall being sneered at?

I never posted on that issue and sneered at anyone, but I did think at the time that some people were overreacting. It's sometimes a rare thing on this board, but I admit I was very wrong.

Three of the last four games we've played we've been double-digit negatives with him on the floor.

He's hurting us - a lot.

Hmmm, hadn't seen that before. So in other words, obviously, his offensive liability outweighs his defensive presence.

I don't want this to sound harsh - I don't think he's having a bad season. He's a 2 points and 3 or 4 rebounds per game average guy. That's what he is.

He's hurting us - a lot.

Don't tell that to Boeheim, he will lecture you on how he is the greatest defender inside the zone we have ever had at Syracuse. That's the type of stuff he says just to try and show how much smarter he is then everyone. I have been watching Baye for 4 years and he isn't close to the player Rak is...bonehead plays and all

And while i'm at it why in the world was he lecturing Rak at the end of the game after that wild 6 miss possession? Was he mad he didn't pass it to the right guy when he got the off rebound? Talk about whipping boy

agreed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom