Tyler Ennis / Lakers | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis / Lakers

Alrighty, let's get Gbinije and Christmas to land at the end of an NBA club's bench. Although Gbinije was guaranteed $500k for the 2017/2018 season at least.

Been waiting for this to happen, glad that It did.

As a Laker fan, it's moves like this that let me know which fans to ignore. Bunch of idiots on the message boards/twitter/FB who wanted Derrick Rose or Rondo to be the backup point. LOL.

This move is perfect for both parties. Ennis is young but experienced, played well down the stretch, has the potential to develop into a solid backup PG, and will cause zero issues on the team, for a team that is young and building and has no unrealistic expectations for this year. Cheap one year contract with a team option, as things will pick up next summer.

Ennis probably gets an opportunity for solid minutes to further establish himself as a guy who belongs in this league. Ball as a rookie probably isn't going to play crazy minutes.

Hopefully Tyler continues to shoot well, like he did with the Lakers last year. If he can repeat that going forward there's no question in my mind that he'll be a solid pro.

I watched a few Laker's games down the stretch (you can guess why) and I was really impressed with him. He looked alot stronger and was much more determined. He looked like a completely different player.

Terrible contract. If only he had stayed at Syracuse another two years and developed his body into that of a greek god ... he could be looking at 5/100.
Not sure if serious. If sarcastic, I agree.
If serious, you could not be more wrong.
Had he stayed 2 more years, he would have been an undrafted FA, and would have lost 2 years of NBA 1st round money.
Of all of our one and done guys (Melo excepted) he made the most wise decision, because he was never going to get drafted higher than he did.

Had he stayed 2 more years, he would have been an undrafted FA, and would have lost 2 years of NBA 1st round money.
Of all of our one and done guys (Melo excepted) he made the most wise decision, because he was never going to get drafted higher than he did.

It was sarcastic!

Bingo! I'm not sure why so many fans just cant grasp this concept.

Only only disagreement is that ALL of them made a wise decision and NONE of them were going to get drafted higher. Remember the rule... show them(NBA scouts) as little of your game as is humanly possible.

I think more and more of the fans are. There wasn't as much outrage when Lydon declared from the fans and even from Boeheim. We've had a great track record of 1st round draft picks and most people are now embracing that. It's serious money that no 20 year old can turn down.

Been waiting for this to happen, glad that It did.

As a Laker fan, it's moves like this that let me know which fans to ignore. Bunch of idiots on the message boards/twitter/FB who wanted Derrick Rose or Rondo to be the backup point. LOL.

This move is perfect for both parties. Ennis is young but experienced, played well down the stretch, has the potential to develop into a solid backup PG, and will cause zero issues on the team, for a team that is young and building and has no unrealistic expectations for this year. Cheap one year contract with a team option, as things will pick up next summer.

Ennis probably gets an opportunity for solid minutes to further establish himself as a guy who belongs in this league. Ball as a rookie probably isn't going to play crazy minutes.

Hopefully Tyler continues to shoot well, like he did with the Lakers last year. If he can repeat that going forward there's no question in my mind that he'll be a solid pro.
It's a good deal for both teams in that the Lakers get a 3rd string PG who's proven he can play if needed for the veterans minimum. I disagree on the Ball statement - he is going to play a ton of minutes, and Clarkson will play what other minutes are left. Still - good spot for Tyler. gotta be on a roster to have a shot to make an impression.

No doubt! If all of us could fool our employers that we are much more talented than we truly are, and, get away with it from a financial win fall standpoint, who wouldn't sign up for that. :)

It's a good deal for both teams in that the Lakers get a 3rd string PG who's proven he can play if needed for the veterans minimum. I disagree on the Ball statement - he is going to play a ton of minutes, and Clarkson will play what other minutes are left. Still - good spot for Tyler. gotta be on a roster to have a shot to make an impression.

I'd be surprised if Ball plays more than 30 mpg. Russell and Clarkson both played under 30 last year.

I think Clarkson continues to see a lot of his minutes at the SG spot, too. He rarely played PG last year.

I'd be surprised if Ball plays more than 30 mpg. Russell and Clarkson both played under 30 last year.

I think Clarkson continues to see a lot of his minutes at the SG spot, too. He rarely played PG last year.
Early in the season you might be right but if he steadily plays anything like preseason, I believe he'll have games over 30 by the end of the season.

Early in the season you might be right but if he steadily plays anything like preseason, I believe he'll have games over 30 by the end of the season.

Maybe. He's awfully young. Adjusting to 82 games for a 19 year old is tough.

One year , one year team option

unfortunately not great for a 1st rounder. Glad hes got 1 more year to prove it, but he is on the bottom looking up now. Wes was able to claw his way into a decent contract after his 3rd trial run - so not too late to give up. Better to be making 1.5 mil than 50k but better be saving 75-90% of it.

Dont kill me! But if this is a Uconn player, we are saying this too.

edit - i just read its only $815k? Syracuse.com posted the minimum for player with 3+ yrs exp was 1.5 mil. I thought that seemed high, must be 10 yr vet min.

unfortunately not great for a 1st rounder. Glad hes got 1 more year to prove it, but he is on the bottom looking up now. Wes was able to claw his way into a decent contract after his 3rd trial run - so not too late to give up. Better to be making 1.5 mil than 50k but better be saving 75-90% of it.

edit - i just read its only $815k? Syracuse.com posted the minimum for player with 3+ yrs exp was 1.5 mil. I thought that seemed high, must be 10 yr vet min.

According to ESPN.com's Ramona Shelburne, Ennis will earn the league minimum of $1.5 million in 2017-18.

Derrick Rose got 2.1 Million. Is that good for a first rounder?

Its so easy to sit there and say that, because he didn't come back and no one knows what would have happened if he came back.

To be clear I was being sarcastic. I have long been supportive of player choice.

And we will still have people here who don't realize why people leave when the NCAA does nothing about the compensation issue (other then ensuring every person has to invest more to get involved in the NCAA and all admin, coaches, and other athletes are better compensated) and has done nothing to improve player development. In the meantime the NBA has done many things to improve its player development and has a mandate to continue to improve it. If the player thinks coming back is best for what he likes, great for him, but I can see why a vast majority leave early -- and this does not even address the points you make which are also valid (risk of losing guaranteed money).

Its so easy to sit there and say that, because he didn't come back and no one knows what would have happened if he came back.

I know he wouldn't have been paid in 2014/2015.

No the majority of us would not. Although other school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom