Tyler Lydon - NBA Prospect | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Lydon - NBA Prospect

We won't have a midget PG and Battle, Lydon, and Thompson will have a year of expierience and improve. We will have a legit athletic Syracuse wing in Brissett.
There isn't any PG yet. I'm going to hold off any prognostications for good defense until I know more about next seasons roster. Then again, even in September there was a ton of optimism for this team on defense and it has not been good. Chukwu, yes injured, but didn't look like a world beater in there. He could go either way. Brissett hasn't played a second of college ball yet. Lydon could very well be in the NBA and there's a slim, but not-zero, chance Battle could be gone as well. If the team is Battle, Thompson, and Moyer as a core with 5th year PG up top or a frosh combo guard and a center who hasn't played meaningful games in two seasons, that could be a dicey defense again.

There isn't any PG yet. I'm going to hold off any prognostications for good defense until I know more about next seasons roster. Then again, even in September there was a ton of optimism for this team on defense and it has not been good. Chukwu, yes injured, but didn't look like a world beater in there. He could go either way. Brissett hasn't played a second of college ball yet. Lydon could very well be in the NBA and there's a slim, but not-zero, chance Battle could be gone as well. If the team is Battle, Thompson, and Moyer as a core with 5th year PG up top or a frosh combo guard and a center who hasn't played meaningful games in two seasons, that could be a dicey defense again.

You realize this year was an outlier compared to most seasons for us on defense?

At which time he would be hoping to enter the NBA at about age 22 after almost certainly fully exposing his flaws and ceiling. Probably not the best recipe for an NBA career these days.

There have been upperclassmen(albeit few) that go in the first round. I think most people want him for his shotmaking ability. I doubt that's going to disappear. Again, just going on reading the tea leaves, not trying to get in a debate when it's right for him to go.

After the GT game, Lammers completely dominated Lydon (and TT), and Lammers is only listed as an inch taller than Lydon. It is amazing how much better Lammers looked than Lydon and how ineffective Lydon was the entire game. Although Gillon is to blame for being a horrible PG, especially in the GT game, Lydon went 32 minutes without scoring. I have heard it all about Lydon being forced to play the 5, etc. but he was playing the 4 most of the GT game and did nothing

Yes. For 7 games and a total of about 100 minutes after a year of inactivity. Not quite willing to write off someone with the physical skills he brings, particularly when this year's zone was sorely lacking in rim protection.
we're actually 11th in the nation in block percentage at 15.1%. Not as good as the great run from 2010 to 2013, but it compares favorably to 12.8% and 33rd last year and 14.5% and 13th 2 years ago.

In my opinion, the defense has been poor not because of a lack of rim protection, but because Gillon's D at of the top of the zone and Lydon's when he's on the wing is way below our recent standards.

I think Chukwu was suffering from blurry vision, so I still have hope, but I expect more Keita and less Fab (RIP) or Christmas.

Latest SI mock has Lydon going #25 to the Jazz. That would be a great spot for him. I think Favors and Diaw have their contracts expire after next season and Lyles is their other PF, still on a rookie deal.

Latest SI mock has Lydon going #25 to the Jazz. That would be a great spot for him. I think Favors and Diaw have their contracts expire after next season and Lyles is their other PF, still on a rookie deal.

And Heyward is probably going to opt out. He's probably going to stay, but you never know.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sidibe is better than Chukwu immediately and I am hoping he is. He's definitely better offensively.

That would be the most confident wager executed in my lifetime. Sidibe > Chukwu immediately. I say this with full confidence. Chukwu was never even good defensively, lol. So he blocked a couple of shots here/there...

Last edited:
And Heyward is probably going to opt out. He's probably going to stay, but you never know.
He should absolutely opt out if for no other reason than to reup under the new cap.

That would be the most confident wager executed in my lifetime. Sidibe > Chukwu immediately. I say this with full confidence. Chukwu was never even good defensively, lol. So he blocked a couple of shots here/there?
Pikachu is the opposite of Etan Thomas as a shot blocker; no natural instincts at all, will invariably block a few shots simply because he is 7'2"...

He should absolutely opt out if for no other reason than to reup under the new cap.

I saw someone on twitter with an interesting point; if he opts in for next season, he gives himself a chance to make all NBA third team next year and become eligible for the huge extension. I don't think he would do that, it is kinda risky, but I hadn't seen that point anywhere else.

I saw someone on twitter with an interesting point; if he opts in for next season, he gives himself a chance to make all NBA third team next year and become eligible for the huge extension. I don't think he would do that, it is kinda risky, but I hadn't seen that point anywhere else.
He might make a run for an all-nba slot this season if the Jazz close out the year strong as it is.

He might make a run for an all-nba slot this season if the Jazz close out the year strong as it is.
Yup, but the Jazz do have the 5th toughest schedule down the stretch. I just want them to finish 4th, although 3rd would be nice. Got to stay healthy.

Yup, but the Jazz do have the 5th toughest schedule down the stretch. I just want them to finish 4th, although 3rd would be nice. Got to stay healthy.
Clips seem to be shooting themselves in the foot, so I think the Jazz can hang on to 4 even with the difficult schedule. Also, then I'd win my bet with Alsacs.

That said, I don't want the Clips in the playoffs. Not a great matchup for the Jazz.

Clips seem to be shooting themselves in the foot, so I think the Jazz can hang on to 4 even with the difficult schedule. Also, then I'd win my bet with Alsacs.

That said, I don't want the Clips in the playoffs. Not a great matchup for the Jazz.

You'll be fine. Lob city we'd be champs if you judged by ESPN hype will choke in the playoffs like they always do. F C. Paul, F Blake, F Doc, F wheelchair Pierce.

You'll be fine. Lob city we'd be champs if you judged by ESPN hype will choke in the playoffs like they always do. F C. Paul, F Blake, F Doc, F wheelchair Pierce.
Wheelchair Peirce, that's brutal.

I laughed though.

I think he will be close. The Durant injury could also play a role; if he doesn't come back in the regular season, 60 games is right around a number where the voters might not put you on the list. (Anthony Davis played 61 last year and didnt make a team)

Thing is, forward is loaded. Lebron, Durant, Kawhi, Dray, Paul George, Anthony Davis, I think Giannis is a F for these purposes as well. Removing Durant from the equation would be huge though.

I think he will be close. The Durant injury could also play a role; if he doesn't come back in the regular season, 60 games is right around a number where the voters might not put you on the list. (Anthony Davis played 61 last year and didnt make a team)

Thing is, forward is loaded. Lebron, Durant, Kawhi, Dray, Paul George, Anthony Davis, I think Giannis is a F for these purposes as well. Removing Durant from the equation would be huge though.
Pencil in Kawhi and Lebron.

Durant will come down to injuries.

Do Draymond's votes get split between center and forward like last season?

I've had this convo before but I think right now Hayward > George.

Davis and Giannis are great numbers on bad teams guys this season. Is that what all-NBA is about?

I like Hayward's chances.

Pencil in Kawhi and Lebron.

Durant will come down to injuries.

Do Draymond's votes get split between center and forward like last season?

I've had this convo before but I think right now Hayward > George.

Davis and Giannis are great numbers on bad teams guys this season. Is that what all-NBA is about?

I like Hayward's chances.

I have no idea how the Dray thing works. He made it as a F last season, for whatever that's worth.

I think Davis is a lock. He made first team 2 seasons ago, and his numbers are better now. Cousins made second team last year on a bad team with good numbers. (C, not a F, to be fair).

I think Heyward has a chance to finish above George in the voting. The other guys, I don't think so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom