Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t personally attacking anyone. I just notice a lot of people are still scouting players like the 90’s when no team plays that style anymore. As far as Lydon goes you must have misremembered his refusal to shoot early his freshman season as that was an issue when JB was suspended.
fwiw, tyler averaged 9.4 shots per game as a soph. if you adjust for similar minutes as a frosh, he would have averaged 8.6 shots.

he had higher shooting percentages as a frosh. he rebounded and passed better as a soph, but not as many blocks.

all in all, by the stats, probably no regression, but minimal improvement.

Outstanding. Looks like maybe we should change how we perceive being a second round pick.
Agreed. Don't get me wrong, there are definite advantages to being a first round pick. If you are good enough to have your rookie options exercised, you'll make more money than those on second round contracts. Conversely, it's frequently possible to reach free agency quicker as a second rounder.

The increase in guaranteed money for second rounders is the result of a push and pull between teams and players. In the absense of a substantial guarantee, second rounders may sign the required tender (non-guaranteed league minimum), knowing that either:
1) They'd get cut, and would then be free to sign with whoever they'd like, or
2) They'd play one year on the contract and be eligible for RFA after their first season.
If you're interested, Google K.J. McDaniels - he signed the required tender, and parlayed that into a 3 year, $10 million contract after his first season.

Teams give the guaranteed money to get multiple years of control. When role players can cost nearly $10mm per year on the free agent market, taking flyers at close to the minimum salary would seem like a no brainer as long as you have the roster space. Having the G-League as a developmental option makes it even better.

fwiw, tyler averaged 9.4 shots per game as a soph. if you adjust for similar minutes as a frosh, he would have averaged 8.6 shots.

he had higher shooting percentages as a frosh. he rebounded and passed better as a soph, but not as many blocks.

all in all, by the stats, probably no regression, but minimal improvement.
His shot fake improved immensely and was unstoppable

The last sure guy who came out of here was Dion. Everyone else was a flier. With that said, what you do in the pros has no bearing on the program. Duke had an awful stretch of putting out bad pros until Kyrie and the recent batch of guys.

And even then - Okafor STINKS, Justise Winslow is meh, Tyus Jones isn't anything special, etc

And Tatum is averaging a point a minute of playing time. Plus his rebounding.

Yeah. He’s really good. Parker would be too if he didn’t have two major injuries already.

He only averaged 8 this year.

I like his energy, hustle, and athleticism. Nice role player, but the lack of a jumper is holding him back at this point.

Yeah I know he's no star but he's a decent role player. If that's what "meh" is then that's pretty good.

Yeah I know he's no star but he's a decent role player. If that's what "meh" is then that's pretty good.

Agreed, but...some of our own fans crap on MCW and he’s had better seasons on playoff teams than Justice has(not this year).

“Meh” is relative.

And I’m with you, I think a role player on a pretty good team is a good place to be for a young player.

Remember when Boston apparently offered 4 first rounders for Justice Winslow? What the hell was that?

Remember when Boston apparently offered 4 first rounders for Justice Winslow? What the hell was that?

I don’t remember that. Having Smart and Winslow on the court at the same time would be overkill.

I do remember some Knicks fans complaining about drafting Porzingis instead of Winslow.

I don’t remember that. Having Smart and Winslow on the court at the same time would be overkill.

I do remember some Knicks fans complaining about drafting Porzingis instead of Winslow.

It was draft day, what's even crazier is they made the offer to Charlotte, who turned it down and got...Frank Kaminsky!!

I'm sure one of the 1's were later picks, but still. All that for Winslow??

I didn't mean every duke player drafted wasn't good. Tatum, Jabari, Kyrie, there are good duke players in the league.

Okafor is not one of them
Winslow is a below league average player - but was the 10th pick in the draft = meh
Tyus Jones struck when the iron was hottest - he's okay

You know what's crazy, Sam Hinke was overruled by management in drafting Porzingis over Okafor.

You know what's crazy, Sam Hinke was overruled by management in drafting Porzingis over Okafor.

I wonder how much of that is because KP wouldn't work out for them

Status
Not open for further replies.