Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That this guy is a “professional writer” is mind boggling. My observation is that the guy is incapable of writing an English sentence that makes sense. One would think that’s a minimal requirement if you wanted to earn a living writing.

What “semester” is this guy talking about?

The SU Spring semester doesn’t end until May 9th, so Battle wouldn’t be able to “almost not finish” it. (Exams start May 3rd). He is either in school or he is not. You can not finish something until it ends.

I suspect what the guy was trying to say was that Battle “almost” stopped attending classes or that he “almost” formally withdrew from classes. Which is another way of saying he considered stopping attending class or considered formally withdrawing.

How would the author or anyone else know this.

And what does it mean anyway? Battle’s considering dropping out is proof he’s committed to the NBA or professional basketball somewhere no matter what he is told or learns in the tryouts? How does that make sense? That he didn’t drop out or withdraw would seem to me to be one piece of evidence that he hadn’t made a decision and wanted to keep his options open.

If I were advising Mark Larson, based on this little piece of non-information, I’d tell him that he probably ought to consider something else as a career.

That this guy is a “professional writer” is mind boggling. My observation is that the guy is incapable of writing an English sentence that makes sense. One would think that’s a minimal requirement if you wanted to earn a living writing.

What “semester” is this guy talking about?

The SU Spring semester doesn’t end until May 9th, so Battle wouldn’t be able to “almost not finish” it. (Exams start May 3rd). He is either in school or he is not. You can not finish something until it ends.

I suspect what the guy was trying to say was that Battle “almost” stopped attending classes or that he “almost” formally withdrew from classes. Which is another way of saying he considered stopping attending class or considered formally withdrawing.

How would the author or anyone else know this.

And what does it mean anyway? Battle’s considering dropping out is proof he’s committed to the NBA or professional basketball somewhere no matter what he is told or learns in the tryouts? How does that make sense? That he didn’t drop out or withdraw would seem to me to be one piece of evidence that he hadn’t made a decision and wanted to keep his options open.

If I were advising Mark Larson, based on this little piece of non-information, I’d tell him that he probably ought to consider something else as a career.

Too dramatic

Because some posters will make it dramatic even though him leaving has kinda been expected for awhile.
XgMxw.gif

Because some posters will make it dramatic even though him leaving has kinda been expected for awhile.

That's not it, but if the kid is an all American academically and with a seemingly good dad all while not being on mocks anywhere except for one recently, you don't find it odd he barely finished the semester?

I'm not saying it's anything but turning heads the other way and dismissing it is all we do as fans.

Howard, Carey, Brisset, Hughes, Sidibes, Marek, and possibly Boeheim.

And possibly Golden as well...should we land him.
Maybe Hughes and Carey can replace battle. Lets say frank gives us what he did last year and Oshae gives us more who is replacing what bazley was going to give us? Lets face facts We needed battle or bazley lets hope battle comes back.

Yeah JB is going to take a lot of heat next year if we lose 8 or 9 ACC games next year again.

Howard, Carey, Brisset, Hughes, Sidibes, Marek, and possibly Boeheim.

And possibly Golden as well...should we land him.

Obviously, we'd be better with Battle, but agree that I think we will be better than a bubble team. Quite frankly, I think any realistic shot at any title consideration went out the door with the Bazley decision.

Obviously, we'd be better with Battle, but agree that I think we will be better than a bubble team. Quite frankly, I think any realistic shot at any title consideration went out the door with the Bazley decision.

Yeah it sucks as I really thought we’d be back in the top ten next season. Now My best case is we get in the Dance as a 5 or a 6

Please explain how this is more drama? Everyone thought Ty would go pro. Now he has but hasn’t hired a agent. Everyone from insiders to family has said school is important, but now this guy says this. This isn’t drama. This is a kid doing his due diligence to see where is draft stock is. If he likes it, then he gone. If he doesn’t, then he comes back and graduates in three years. The only drama is everyone on here that makes drama!

I think jakes post jbs quotes and the fact that he didn't hire an agent got peoples hopes up.
The JB quote you should have focused on was the one from 2016 when he said Battle would be an NBA player before he had played a single college game. That should have given you an idea that he wouldn't be at SU very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.