Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong but I believe NMC has an NBA scout he counts as a friend.

That is correct, but the opinion expressed was my own.

My friend generally saw a lot of guys at the top of the draft or of players expected to be in the range of where his team might draft.

He has actually just retired this season, so any insights he might now provide are based upon TV (and experience) and no longer from watching games.

A lot of NBA scouts deceived themselves into believing that Lydon has next level athleticism. He doesn't. Plus he had developed that ridiculous double pump before shooting, which is probably a bigger flaw than is Ty's hitch.

However, that being said, the stretch 4 concept is so in vogue with NBA scouts that anybody 6' 10' or bigger who appears to have trey range on their shot has a great chance to go in the first round.

Personally, I think Ty is way better than Lydon, but that does not necessarily make either one a legitimate NBA caliber player or a bona fide first round pick. It was fairly obvious that Lydon was going in the first round, and unless Ty blows up at the combine he isn't. That is why it was smart for Lydon to declare and it may not be the thing for Ty to do.
Lydon tried to reply to this thread but he pump faked too many times and timed out...

I hope SU continues to put out the kind of "bad pros" that have been coming through the program in the last 15 years.

There's a difference between pros and pros that stick around with successful careers. The latter puts the program and coach in a positive light whether it's fair or not. Demarcus Cousins, Wall, Anthony Davis and KAT would have been good no matter where they went, but Cal receives the benefits whereas Boeheim is called a poor developer by the general public and people on this board because of the number of guys who didn't amount to anything.

There's a difference between pros and pros that stick around with successful careers. The latter puts the program and coach in a positive light whether it's fair or not. Demarcus Cousins, Wall, Anthony Davis and KAT would have been good no matter where they went, but Cal receives the benefits whereas Boeheim is called a poor developer by the general public and people on this board because of the number of guys who didn't amount to anything.
Wait a minute, I thought these guys didn't stick around long enough for JB to develop them, so how can he be considered a "poor developer" of talent? Or is he actually a great developer of talent because he takes kids who aren't "can't miss" types and turns them into one-and-done and two-and-done NBA players? Inquiring minds want to know.

Wait a minute, I thought these guys didn't stick around long enough for JB to develop them, so how can he be considered a "poor developer" of talent? Or is he actually a great developer of talent because he takes kids who aren't "can't miss" types and turns them into one-and-done and two-and-done NBA players? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sleeper recruit Tyler Lydon becomes a first round pick in 2 years, doesn’t do much as a rookie and gets hurt...and that’s a knock on Boeheim. Lol.

SU hasn’t recruited a ready made pro since Carmelo. Duke and Kentucky are recruiting several of them every year.

LOL Chewy needs to start under the basket. It may take him all summer to be proficient there. 3 pt range may come the last early season game of his senior year.
He needs to hit the jugs machine and work in his hands.then we can worry about range.

Respect for Tyus either way but I think he should come back unless he absolutely "wows" people during workouts.

Depending on workouts:

Regular draft, he could go anywhere from late 1st to late 2nd. (Not this year & Not next year)

Weak draft, he could go from mid/late 1st to mid 2nd. (Next year)

Stacked draft, he could go early second to undrafted. (This year)

Last edited:
First time I've seen someone refer to him as a "projected first round pick"

IMG_1587.jpg

Good move for Tyus. Can’t hurt to get the proper feedback. He and his family will make the right decision I think. He’s probably more tight with the players and coaches than Lydon was.
Lydon's dude was Hop. Hop left for UW the summer that Lydon left. Not sure if it was related but it probably didn't help

Status
Not open for further replies.