Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s no Carmelo and I cannot stand that people compare him as such. He’s closer to a chris mccoullogh was ranked around the same with the same body and supposed skill set out of high school

I didn't say he was as good as Carmelo, I only stated that he was our best recruit since Carmelo. Reading comprehension, please.

I'm hoping you're right but I'm afraid that the word is out and he won't be nearly as effective because he'll be more closely guarded. Him attracting attention will help the offense by itself but I'm in wait-and-see mode with Marek's production.

you also have to consider Oshae's improvement. He is going to be an absolute beast next year. ZERO point ZERO question in my mind he is a top 5 national player next year. Sophomore Oshae is the closest thing we've had to Freshman Carmelo since we had Freshman Carmelo.

Frank's shooting improved astronomically.

Pascal should be walked around campus all summer juggling basketballs, driblling basketballs, and Pete Marivich drilling basketballs. And then George Mikan Drilling while in the gym. All day everyday.

Sidibe will be back and hopefully healthy.

Elijah Jalen

Buddy is a wildcard.

This team is going to be better than anticipated with or without Tyus. Its a good team. With Tyus though, Kansas or Duke dont scare me.

you also have to consider Oshae's improvement. He is going to be an absolute beast next year. ZERO point ZERO question in my mind he is a top 5 national player next year. Sophomore Oshae is the closest thing we've had to Freshman Carmelo since we had Freshman Carmelo.

Pascal should be walked around campus all summer juggling basketballs, driblling basketballs, and Pete Marivich drilling basketballs. And then George Mikan Drilling while in the gym. All day everyday.

Elijah Jalen

Buddy is a wildcard.

This team is going to be better than anticipated with or without Tyus. Its a good team. With Tyus though, Kansas or Duke dont scare me.

agree I think we have a good team without Tyus. However, by good I am thinking 10-8 ACC and 7-10 seed in the NCAA's. Sweet Sixteen might be the limit.

With Tyus, I think we can be as good as anyone. Potential for 13 win ACC team, 2-3 seed in the NCAA's and with the zone a threat to get to the Final Four. So it's obviously an impactful decision for the Cuse. Wishing Tyus the best whatever he decides. Selfishly I want him to stay but I get why he would go if he hears the right things.

Cuse!

Elijah Jalen

Buddy is a wildcard.

I’m honestly not sure about that. He’s good. I’m sure he’ll be productive.

Hakim Warrick was BE player of the year and first team AA...post Carmelo.

CJ Fair was insanely efficient on a final four team. Gbinije did it all for a final four team. I don’t know if he’ll play better than those guys did. Frankly, I’ll be very surprised if he does.

Elijah Jalen

Buddy is a wildcard.

Tyus took so much pressure off of everybody, I'm assuming OB is going to get it now and be the focus of defenses. His inability to finish with defense around his was one of the worst I've ever seen, he needs to improve quite a bit.

As of now, until we see some games, the only guy we really know what we're going to get out is Howard.

Our defense will carry us again, hope Hughes and or Carey is ready to fill Battles shoes.

Tyus took so much pressure off of everybody, I'm assuming OB is going to get it now and be the focus of defenses. His inability to finish with defense around his was one of the worst I've ever seen, he needs to improve quite a bit.

As of now, until we see some games, the only guy we really know what we're going to get out is Howard.

Our defense will carry us again, hope Hughes and or Carey is ready to fill Battles shoes.

I would hope we have better balance though, to help OB out than we had for Battle this year. I would think Marek is capable of averaging 10 ppg or so next year. And I would hope that at least one of Carey/Hughes can do that. And if Sidibe can be healthy and play more consistently, we might actually be able to put lineups on the floor where all 5 guys can score next year.

For much of this past year, we had 3 guys that could score on the whole team.

I agree but Melo wasn't Melo until he got here and won us an NC

This gets lost in the mythology of Carmelo Anthony.

When we were recruiting him, he was rated "only" the 16th best prospect. When he played in the McDonalds, game, he looked like a totally different person compared to the guy who suited up in MSG against Memphis.

When we were recruiting him, he was rated "only" the 16th best prospect. When he played in the McDonalds, game, he looked like a totally different person compared to the guy who suited up in MSG against Memphis.

Actually, one of the services (I forget which one) had him rated #40 when we started recruiting him.

Honestly I think people are thinking doom and gloom because no Bazely. I for one think it’s addition by subtraction. He was a me first guy through and through. His statements and families make me believe that. Remember Desahun Williams? I like to look at the bright side. Orange fans should do more of that!

Really good passers - which Bazley is - tend not to be so selfish. Just look at our one year with Carmelo. I don't think he ever passed the ball nearly as much in the NBA as he did when he played for us (and when he played in the Olympics).

I just watched the 2002 McDonald's game on DVR, and the thing about Carmelo that was so outstanding in that game was his passing. In the first quarter alone, he had 3 terrific assists, including a 40 foot bounce pass past 4 guys for a layup.

Actually, one of the services (I forget which one) had him rated #40 when we started recruiting him.

Do you remember where he was ranked around the time he committed to SU? I remember him steadily rising from the time I first read about him to him ending at #2. And I remember that Maryland fan goofball SmokeFree completely losing it when he committed to SU, so I assume he had already risen quite a bit by then?

Yeah that #16 was when I first heard about him.

I think we were first recruiting him as a PG. Then he had a huge growth spurt and then he started blowing up.

Do you remember where he was ranked around the time he committed to SU? I remember him steadily rising from the time I first read about him to him ending at #2. And I remember that Maryland fan goofball SmokeFree completely losing it when he committed to SU, so I assume he had already risen quite a bit by then?

RSCI has their archives.

In the final ranking (dated 8/25/02), Melo was #2, behind Amare.
The one prior to that was 12/1/01, he was also #2 behind Amare.
Prior to that, 8//26/01, also #2.
The first ranking they have on record was July 2001, he was #7.

When did he commit?

I really don’t remember but I want to say top 5 by most? But who can forget smoke free. LOL. What a tool.

RSCI has their archives.

In the final ranking (dated 8/25/02), Melo was #2, behind Amare.
The one prior to that was 12/1/01, he was also #2 behind Amare.
Prior to that, 8//26/01, also #2.
The first ranking they have on record was July 2001, he was #7.

When did he commit?

I want to say spring of 2001?

I thought he was 2nd behind amare.

I'm hoping you're right but I'm afraid that the word is out and he won't be nearly as effective because he'll be more closely guarded. Him attracting attention will help the offense by itself but I'm in wait-and-see mode with Marek's production.
That may be true. But they can't watch him closer when Brissett and Howard and I'm hoping Bourama are on the floor together. That's not saying anything about Carey or Hughes.
We should have a lot of options this year.

Smoke-free mention itself gets a like and a reply great call

Status
Not open for further replies.