Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I think people are thinking doom and gloom because no Bazely. I for one think it’s addition by subtraction. He was a me first guy through and through. His statements and families make me believe that. Remember Desahun Williams? I like to look at the bright side. Orange fans should do more of that!

The JB quote you should have focused on was the one from 2016 when he said Battle would be an NBA player before he had played a single college game. That should have given you an idea that he wouldn't be at SU very long.
Why? His most recent quote was he felt he was coming back. Its 2018 not 2016.

That's not it, but if the kid is an all American academically and with a seemingly good dad all while not being on mocks anywhere except for one recently, you don't find it odd he barely finished the semester?

I'm not saying it's anything but turning heads the other way and dismissing it is all we do as fans.

My question was a legit one; I wasn’t sure where you were going with the “drama” comment. I get your point but I disagree. First off, I think what the tweeter meant was that Battle may have initially thought about leaving school and not just testing the waters. I’ve heard nothing about Tyus or his family being disenchanted.

Honestly I think people are thinking doom and gloom because no Bazely. I for one think it’s addition by subtraction. He was a me first guy through and through. His statements and families make me believe that. Remember Desahun Williams? I like to look at the bright side. Orange fans should do more of that!

After 4 years of being on the bubble this was finally supposed to be the year where we were back to being syracuse and competing for titles. Then we lose a top ten kid to the g league you can't blame people for feeling doom and gloom.

-it makes no sense to enter the draft and not hire an agent if you have zero intent in going back to school...

-Doesn’t mean it isn’t 100% true

Now I’m picturing Billy Celuck with a rusty bayonet charging through the fog of war, belting out his battle cray.

Also his uniform is mismatched.
I'm picturing the Battle of Otis Hill Hill, and he's backing his way down the hill, flipping musket fire over either shoulder.

I mean that’s not what people who have talked to him and seen him play think.

You've never seen Bazley play then. Nothing about his game is "me first".

Geez... watching his video and looking over his tape, I can't imagine any scenario where this is addition by subtraction. This kid would be an absolute stud in Boeheim's system. Best recruit since Carmelo. The total package of size and skillset was perfect for the college game and JB's system in particular. Mike Beasley Kansas St type player...

Geez... watching his video and looking over his tape, I can't imagine any scenario where this is addition by subtraction. This kid would be an absolute stud in Boeheim's system. Best recruit since Carmelo. The total package of size and skillset was perfect for the college game and JB's system in particular. Mike Beasley Kansas St type player...

Not sure hes that good. BUT at the very worst its like having Thompson back we get a big who can score and thats if hes a little underwhelming like McCullough. I feel better after what Marek did in the tournament when the chips were down though. OShae is back and will be better.

If Battle returns the consolation prize is good returning all 5 starters from a Sweet 16 is nothing to underestimate especially with Carey and Hughes allowing them to run and press.

If Battle leaves we get to see Buddy in the mix and if 2 out of 3 Carey/Hughes/Buddy are good perimeter shooters the team is going to still be very good.

It sucks though with Bazely added to what we are bringing back we definitely have a team that can legitimately drill ACC opponents and not just grind out close games.

I haven't watched him a lot but when I did, he looked like a team first guy. That is the way he played in the Mickey Dees game. And if you are going to be a team player there, you will be a team player anywhere. I think we will have a really good team next year. But we would have been better with Bazley.

He’s no Carmelo and I cannot stand that people compare him as such. He’s closer to a chris mccoullogh was ranked around the same with the same body and supposed skill set out of high school

He’s no Carmelo and I cannot stand that people compare him as such. He’s closer to a chris mccoullogh was ranked around the same with the same body and supposed skill set out of high school
Whoever made the Lamar Odom comparison it was a good one Maybe a little beasley in there too.

I agree but Melo wasn't Melo until he got here and won us an NC

Whoever made the Lamar Odom comparison it was a good one Maybe a little beasley in there too.

Yeah, I can get with a combo of a very slight Odom/Beasley. It will be interesting if he stays more on the perimeter playing against the big boys. He also kind of reminds me of a mix of Brandon Ingram/Jayson Tatum but he’s not as explosive as either.

We are a better team but the schedule isn't nearly as easy.

8 losses isn't out of the question.

It’s up to the staff to coach these guys up, get them to improve, coach a functional offense, and maintain the defense. There’s no way way can be as bad shooting 3’s as last year.

If we lose that many games next year fans are going to be p!$$3d. That was already stated this year. At some point we need to get out of bubble purgatory.

Last edited:
I've been reading these "next year" threads and the one thing that is seldom seen or talked about is Marek.
This kid is going to be one of the top three go to players next year. We saw abundant evidence of that in the last few games.
Plus, there is nobody on the team with the BB IQ he has. I've seen conversation that Carey has the same BB IQ but I've got to see it before I put it at Marek's level.

I am not sure calling an 18yr old kid who has had 0 public issues a "me first" "addition by subtraction" "deshun williams" is looking at the bright side of things.

I've been reading these "next year" threads and the one thing that is seldom seen or talked about is Marek.
This kid is going to be one of the top three go to players next year. We saw abundant evidence of that in the last few games.
Plus, there is nobody on the team with the BB IQ he has. I've seen conversation that Carey has the same BB IQ but I've got to see it before I put it at Marek's level.
I'm hoping you're right but I'm afraid that the word is out and he won't be nearly as effective because he'll be more closely guarded. Him attracting attention will help the offense by itself but I'm in wait-and-see mode with Marek's production.

Status
Not open for further replies.