Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
you also have to consider Oshae's improvement. He is going to be an absolute beast next year. ZERO point ZERO question in my mind he is a top 5 national player next year. Sophomore Oshae is the closest thing we've had to Freshman Carmelo since we had Freshman Carmelo.

Frank's shooting improved astronomically.

Pascal should be walked around campus all summer juggling basketballs, driblling basketballs, and Pete Marivich drilling basketballs. And then George Mikan Drilling while in the gym. All day everyday.

Sidibe will be back and hopefully healthy.

Elijah Jalen

Buddy is a wildcard.

This team is going to be better than anticipated with or without Tyus. Its a good team. With Tyus though, Kansas or Duke dont scare me.
Senior Hak says ?

Senior Hak says ?

When Oshae improves his 3pt shot a little and his finishing inside a lot. You’ll see what I’m talking about.

Hak was great. But we couldn’t give the ball to him and say score 3 possessions in a row. He wasn’t a shooter and he wasn’t a dribbler.

Just wait. Save this thread if you want. Oshae is a superstar in the waiting. He’s just a year behind Melo.

Hak was great. But we couldn’t give the ball to him and say score 3 possessions in a row. He wasn’t a shooter and he wasn’t a dribbler.
Nothing against Oshae because I think he's got talent to match Hak and maybe more, but I think you forget how good Hak was his junior and especially senior year. We pretty much have him the ball every possession and asked him to score. He was a very good shooter, just not 3 point range until his senior year. And while he didn't pull crazy dribble moves, his handle was very good for a 4 and he got around his defender constantly. But his footwork was otherworldly. He and Carmelo had maybe the best footwork of anyone I've ever seen in orange.

Nothing against Oshae because I think he's got talent to match Hak and maybe more, but I think you forget how good Hak was his junior and especially senior year. We pretty much have him the ball every possession and asked him to score. He was a very good shooter, just not 3 point range until his senior year. And while he didn't pull crazy dribble moves, his handle was very good for a 4 and he got around his defender constantly. But his footwork was otherworldly. He and Carmelo had maybe the best footwork of anyone I've ever seen in orange.

He hit 9 3’s as a senior. He was never a good 3pt shooter for Cuse. And when I say shooter that’s what I mean. His mid range game was fine.

Can you name a game that we needed to put on Haks shoulders and he carried us? Because I can name quite a few for Melo. And none for Hak.

I love Hak. I’m not taking anything away from him. He was a great player. But he needed to be fed. It’s jsut a different type of player.

Oshae can play point forward whenever he pleases. No one should be able to press us next year because of Oshae’s presence.

Today I learned that the Big East Player of the Year and consensus first team All American and (almost) lottery pick couldn't shoot or dribble.

Oh god. Talk about taking a post out of context. What a moronic post.

Dude hit 10 3’s in his Syracuse career.

Oh god. Talk about taking a post out of context. What a moronic post.

Dude hit 10 3’s in his Syracuse career.

Oh my bad.

"He wasn't shooter and he wasn't a dribbler."

Oh my bad.

"He wasn't shooter and he wasn't a dribbler."

You are smart enough to realize putting quotes around it doesn’t change the “context” right?

He hit 9 3’s as a senior. He was never a good 3pt shooter for Cuse. And when I say shooter that’s what I mean. His mid range game was fine.

Can you name a game that we needed to put on Haks shoulders and he carried us? Because I can name quite a few for Melo. And none for Hak..

You didn’t think this one through at all...

Maryland in second round of ncaas
Syracuse vs. Maryland Box Score, March 20, 2004 | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Uconn big east semis
Syracuse vs. UConn - Box Score - March 11, 2005 - ESPN

Nope. Not an improvement.

“Hak was great” pretty much should be enough context to prove (rough quote) “I LEARNED BIG EAST POY AND ALL AMERICAN COULDNT SHOOT OR DRIBBLE” wrong.

“He wasn’t a shooter and he wasn’t a dribbler” doesn’t even mean he was bad at either of them. It wasn’t his game. It just wasn’t. Could he hit a 15 footer? Absolutely. Was it his game? No. His game was being athletically gifted with freakishly long arms and good footwork. The man scored like 800 points his Sr year. He obviously was great.

Syracuse vs. Maryland Box Score, March 20, 2004 | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Uconn big east semis

We lead the entire Uconn game. 20+ point lead in 2nd half. They came back late. I don’t believe it was really ever in doubt.

Hell include Providence Sr day when he scored 35 in a 40 pt blowout win For JBs 700th win.

Hak Was great. Should have his jersey in the rafters. Biggest block in Cuse history. Biggest dunk in Cuse history. 2000+ points.

Melo was once in a generation. Oshae is going to be legit next year. Get excited for it.

I didn't say he was as good as Carmelo, I only stated that he was our best recruit since Carmelo. Reading comprehension, please.

McCullough was ranked pretty high and was a mc d aa. Donte Greene, Paul Harris, Flynn, Devo, Coleman, Christmas and MCW were also highly ranked and mcd aa's.

When Oshae improves his 3pt shot a little and his finishing inside a lot. You’ll see what I’m talking about.

Just wait. Save this thread if you want. Oshae is a superstar in the waiting. He’s just a year behind Melo.

Hak VS MIAMI at MIami...CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) -- Hakim Warrick set a school record for
shooting in a Big East game, making all 11 of his shot attempts and
scoring 27 points to lift Syracuse (No. 25 ESPN/USA Today) past Miami 91-74 on Saturday.

Uconn big east semis

I recall a couple of games when he demolished Providence. Saying he didnt carry the team isn't even really a fair statement. First, it's not true, second, one year he was playing with Carmelo...how many games would he dominate with Melo in the same game?

Another sub topic hijacking another thread.

Unbelievable.
Right, we should start a thread just on hijacking threads and see where it goes.

Actually, I kind of enjoy the group stream of consciousness as it evolves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.