Tyus... | Syracusefan.com

Tyus...

BillSU

All American
"It's difficult for guys to come back mainly because this is the position they've wanted to be in," McNamara said. "Once he came to grips with the fact that he was returning, his focus changed from 'I'm going to make this process take me to the league' to 'I'm going to come back my junior year and have a great season and we're going to have a great team.' He's handled the way he's come back as well as you can handle it. That speaks volumes of what he's all about."

Considering the above and this years play to date, do you think Tyus will be back? I think it would build his resume, obviously help this team and educate those new freshman coming in. OR is he, as some like to say, he gone.????

I think he’s played better and been the leader on the team, he’s not improved his draft spot. So why come back? No guarantee he will if he does and the evidence supports he won’t. I’d go if it were me, although I’d love it if he did come back.

"It's difficult for guys to come back mainly because this is the position they've wanted to be in," McNamara said. "Once he came to grips with the fact that he was returning, his focus changed from 'I'm going to make this process take me to the league' to 'I'm going to come back my junior year and have a great season and we're going to have a great team.' He's handled the way he's come back as well as you can handle it. That speaks volumes of what he's all about."

Considering the above and this years play to date, do you think Tyus will be back? I think it would build his resume, obviously help this team and educate those new freshman coming in. OR is he, as some like to say, he gone.????
As good as he has been over the past couple seasons he isn’t jumping into the lottery. There is no way as a senior he is going to produce that much more to propel him into lottery. Also, I believe he got his degree already. If his goal is to play professionally then there is no reason for him to be back. I wish he would but it is selfishness.

For selfish reasons i hope he stays. For his sake i hope he gets a great evaluation and he leaves and has a nice career playing professional basketball. The kid works his ass off night in and out and i want whatever ends up being the best for him. Senior Tyus Battle or Rookie Tyus Battle, ill cheer for either one

He actually took eye black and wrote "I'm Gone" under his eyes at halftime.

Surprised it didn't get more press.
Wow glad im not the only one who saw this

From the look on his face?

SMH. Man. You can’t be serious.
Idk about a look but I feel like his body language and general attitude this season seems like he is a bit frustrated he is still here. Could be me but I think he was adamant about leaving and just didn’t get a good enough evaluation. Maybe it is more trying to prove the eval wrong.

Who’s going to draft an inconsistent player? I mean hes end of 2nd round at best. I don’t see him getting drafted.

And you were dead serious?

Ok then...

I encourage you to rewatch that section of the game in first half 2-3 minutes b4 Howard was subbed out... And watch tyus...

Lots of teams draft inconsistent players.

I think it’s about skill set. He’s a two guard who can’t shoot the 3 that well.
Those players don’t get drafted especially a 2g who isnt a good shooter. I don’t see his skillset being translated into an NBA player.

Lots of teams draft inconsistent players.

I think it’s about skill set. He’s a two guard who can’t shoot the 3 that well.
Unless the talent he was born with suddenly decides to kick in and he plays out of his mind I see him in Europe.

Who’s going to draft an inconsistent player? I mean hes end of 2nd round at best. I don’t see him getting drafted.

I'd take the other side of that bet all day long. He'll get drafted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom