U.S. Open at Shinnecock | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

U.S. Open at Shinnecock

my wish is someday the pros play by the same rules we do.. not 40 guys looking for wayward shots.

my wish is someday the pros play by the same rules we do.. not 40 guys looking for wayward shots.

In exchange they get a breakfast ball and gimmes on anything inside of four feet. ;)

Dustin Johnson already down to +200 in live betting.

I am hoping that sunday morning my picks are still sitting where they are.

I know this will make a bunch of you “unhappy”, but I love it when the course wins. Too many people are under par in the regular tournaments.

The problem with the current course is that it randomly punishes too many good approach shots. A few to many false drop offs.

Many US Opens require precision, have a few players under par, "the course wins", but don't have the approach shot problems to the same extent. Although to be fair let's see what happens when the wind is less of a factor.

EDIT - After watching more today, with less wind, I am going to say it's a very fair test.

Last edited:
Well, that doesn't seem to be going too well.

They are still right on the cut line however. So they can still make it to the weekend, so who knows.

They are still right on the cut line however. So they can still make it to the weekend, so who knows.
I'm hoping to avoid wearing the golden sombrero.

Dustin Johnson your 2018 US open champion.

The good news is that DJ is playing with Tiger so at least the viewers get to watch his sterling play.

The good news is that DJ is playing with Tiger so at least the viewers get to watch his sterling play.
And one of the analysts just opined that Tiger is sooooo close to having everything click in for him.

If DJ does end up winning, I assume the admins will be calling an emergency meeting to figure out what my prize is?

I suspect this is one of those haters that comments that Tiger gets too much attention. But if I am looking at his twitter page are there any other golf tweets? Nope.

Who the heck is Mickey DeMorat. Every now and then you see an obscure name on the leaderboard that comes from the college game (amateur) or Web.Com via open qualifying.

But Mickey DeMorat, tied for 7th, has not played any event of note for the past 2 years... no web com, no canadian tour, and is not an amateur.

EDIT - He is a recent college graduate who has no status anywhere. If he makes the cut at the US open I am sure he can find some sponsor exemptions for the lower tours

Last edited:
I know I'm late to this thread but my pick was Rose. I know I know easy to say now since he's in 3rd and 3 strokes back. But he's played as well as anyone the last 8 or 9 months. Plus he won in china last fall when down 6 strokes to DJ going into the final round

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom