U.S. Open at Shinnecock | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

U.S. Open at Shinnecock

I suspect this is one of those haters that comments that Tiger gets too much attention. But if I am looking at his twitter page are there any other golf tweets? Nope.

One can believe that Tiger gets too much attention and not be a Tiger hater.

I suspect this is one of those haters that comments that Tiger gets too much attention. But if I am looking at his twitter page are there any other golf tweets? Nope.
He's a sports columnist for the NY Post. He writes about golf mainly during the majors.

tiger gets the attention he does because its what the fans want. ricki was interviewed before the tourney and said tiger drives tv ratings and makes golf bigger.

just got back from Vegas. I have Hoffman and Fleetwood, Bryson DeChambeau , and snedeker made the cut but is probably out of it. would have played ricky but at 10-1 i didnt want to put 50 on him just to make it worth it.

tiger gets the attention he does because its what the fans want. ricki was interviewed before the tourney and said tiger drives tv ratings and makes golf bigger.

That's great but it reaches levels of absurdity when Webb Simpson shoots 19 under at the Players Championship and ESPN's lead headline is that Tiger Woods shoots a final round 69. Or when live tournament action is going on at the Masters and CBS shows Tiger warming up on the range for ten minutes. There is a middle ground in there somewhere. I don't blame Tiger for that. I blame the media. Ton of great talent out there, give them their due.

He's a sports columnist for the NY Post. He writes about golf mainly during the majors.

He has had 2 tweets today. Both bashing on Tiger. And he wrote one golf article this week -- with the focus of the article saying that Tiger isn't what he used to be.

Thanks to archives one can see his last golf article before that in May 2017 (over a year ago) was on Tiger Woods.

Doesn't seem to have much range for a golf writer.

Last edited:
He has had 2 tweets today. Both bashing on Tiger. And he wrote one golf article this week -- with the focus of the article saying that Tiger isn't what he used to be.

Thanks to archives one can see his last golf article before that in May 2017 (over a year ago) was on Tiger Woods.

I didn't mean to suggest he was a golf writer. He isn't. He's a general sports columnist who only occasionally writes about golf.

He's not a golf writer. He's a columnist for the NY Post that writes columns on all sports.

Phil just lost went goofy and hit his next putt before the ball stopped rolling.

Apparently, he was 'protesting' the pin placements. Jeez, Phil, maybe they'll let YOU choose where to put them from now on. What a chump.

Those early 66's by Finau and Berger look great. At +3, they may possibly be in one of the last 2 groups tomorrow.

I thought DJ might fall back a couple but he’s really leaking oil so far

About 15 minutes ago Finau and Berger were at 20-1 in live betting to win... now they are down to 10-1.

Kiradech Aphirabnat started the day in 58th at +8. Shoots a 68, and he will likely end up in or very close to the top 10.

Phil just lost went goofy and hit his next putt before the ball stopped rolling.
Although I admire his golf game, i've never been a Phil guy so he can do whatever he wants. He's always been a spoiled rich kid to me.

Those early 66's by Finau and Berger look great. At +3, they may possibly be in one of the last 2 groups tomorrow.
They might be the final group.

That's great but it reaches levels of absurdity when Webb Simpson shoots 19 under at the Players Championship and ESPN's lead headline is that Tiger Woods shoots a final round 69. Or when live tournament action is going on at the Masters and CBS shows Tiger warming up on the range for ten minutes. There is a middle ground in there somewhere. I don't blame Tiger for that. I blame the media. Ton of great talent out there, give them their due.

Totally fair take.

But, like it or not, a lot of people don’t care about golf. They care about Tiger. They didn’t watch golf pre-Tiger, and they won’t watch it once he is gone. In the meantime, the media will take the ratings spike he gives them... because he does.

The course is ridiculous at this point. Watching a car wreck isn't fun.

Although I admire his golf game, i've never been a Phil guy so he can do whatever he wants. He's always been a spoiled rich kid to me.
He's not even close to that, relative to a lot of the guys out there today and in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom