UCF - Your 2017 National Champions!!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UCF - Your 2017 National Champions!!!!

UCF to raise national championship banner

Paul Finebaum is crying about it of course, I love it lol.

I was agreeing with Paul until he said "Auburn didn't want to be there". Absolutely hate that excuse. Ask any Auburn player and to a man they would say they wanted to be there. Disappointing that Paul stooped to the level of which most of his callers dwell.

Does that mean when these college football players turn 7 or 8, we will tell them the truth that they didn't actually win a national title?

You can tell them whatever you like, as no matter how you chose to slice it, it's undoubtedly a subjective/mythical national champion at the FBS level. Since these "7 or 8" years old are not 'mentally capable' to handle the alleged 'burden' of playing in a true playoff as their fellow 7" to 8" year old brothers of the FCS, they can just simply keep on pretending what our culture spews them.

They're the only team that can say they answered every bell.

Nobody in the playoff can say that. Nobody at the end of the playoff can say that.

I'm tired of some people being allowed to lose and others not.

Take any undefeated teams and put them in the playoff.

Nobody in the playoff can say that. Nobody at the end of the playoff can say that.

They didn't answer every bell. Their game against Georgia Tech was cancelled. They looked good early in the year. The unique style could have given them trouble.

Have to believe some of this is for Heupel and whoever has to follow him (beside the obvious recruiting effort). UCF paid out bonuses when technically they didn’t have to. UCF recruits enough talent to go undefeated including a bowl win over Auburn. That rhetoric will be the mission statement of their next coaching search

No problem with it. Beat everybody on their schedule and then beat # 7. Kudos to UCF.

They didn't answer every bell. Their game against Georgia Tech was cancelled. They looked good early in the year. The unique style could have given them trouble.
Hang on - you're saying that because they had a game cancelled, which they had no control over happening, that means they didn't answer the bell?

Sir, I find this position preposterous, ridiculous, and orthogonal (I don't know what this last word means).

Yes, it is weird. I bet the house and took the points with UCF knowing auburn would be bored in this consolation game. These G5 schedules dont amount to a Natty.
Wait! That can't be true. There are posts ad nauseum about how these games aren't just money making exhibitions, they matter to the players.

It's a mythical national championship in FBS anyways, so not necessarily a lie, especially if UCF and its players, fans, etc. want to believe they could beat anyone. Who's to say they can't, that game is never played, so no one can say otherwise with any degree of certainty whatsoever.

Most of us were lied to and have lied to our children once upon a time about Santa...is that any more "weird" than a innocent sign? ;):)
Santa is not about lying. It's an embodiment of the spirit of Christmas.
No one has ever been harmed believing in Santa. Believing in Christmas makes it a more magical and wonderous time.
Anyone who "outs" Santa should be required to explain reproduction to their children, in detail. After all, it's about being truthful, and learning where you came from is the best foundation for understanding truth.

upload_2018-1-4_9-26-28.png

Your national champions!

Santa is not about lying. It's an embodiment of the spirit of Christmas.
No one has ever been harmed believing in Santa. Believing in Christmas makes it a more magical and wonderous time.
Anyone who "outs" Santa should be required to explain reproduction to their children, in detail. After all, it's about being truthful, and learning where you came from is the best foundation for understanding truth.

Do yourself a favor...don't take yourself so seriously, at least not on an internet message board. Maybe you didn't notice, but there was a wink and smiley face emoticons with that post. ;):)

Just have a G5 playoff. It the games were refed legitimately, not fixed like P5 , it might become the more popular championship.

... a banner that says something that isn't true is weird.

This. Could have closed the thread here.

Dopey move, shame on that university.

Fake National Champions. How apropos.

The reality is that it's all fake.

The BCS was fake and the present playoff system is fake.

It's based on opinion and is therefore necessarily subjective.

The system that is in place now serves once purpose - to make more money.

The old poll system was just as fair, made more bowl games relevant and gave many more schools the chance to be crowned NC.

And, the old system didn't beat up the young athletes with 13 to 15 game schedules.

I love college football and I love Syracuse University Football more than any other program, but the college system has gotten way out of hand - because of the money.

The reality is that it's all fake.

The BCS was fake and the present playoff system is fake.

It's based on opinion and is therefore necessarily subjective.

The system that is in place now serves once purpose - to make more money.

The old poll system was just as fair, made more bowl games relevant and gave many more schools the chance to be crowned NC.

And, the olds system did not beat up the young athletes with 13 to 15 game schedules.

The college football system has gotten way out of hand - because of the money.

In my opinion, the playoff committee has not made a single mistake picking the four best teams in the four years the playoff has existed.

The critics posting about SOS are full of ish. They know that there is no way P5 teams are going to schedule them. So even if UCF wanted to schedule OOC of Tenn, VaTech, ND, USC, none of those teams would entertain it...why? For the same reason people post here about not wanting to play "good" G5 teams, there is no incentive. You win, the narrative is you were supposed to win. You lose, the narrative is you suck, you lost to a G5.

So once again, we're back to the circular reiteration that the BCS is rigged and that G5 teams are screwed from the start.

If your policy was implemented, wouldn't every team strive to play the absolute weakest schedule humanly possible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom